I want to see a Berserk book

turborabbit2

thats one mean bunny
i think that writing a book of berserk would be awesome
i think that if anybody would make a book (not a manga)
it would be awesome
first someone should get permission from mister muira before ever starting the book

I think a book is unrealistic. Miura is concentrating on the manga and as far as I'm aware, no established writer has shown interest in writing a book based in the Berserk universe. If a book was written I would expect the story to be a spin-off. Most likely a novel about Emperor Gaiseric, which would be very interesting. But I don't know if I would be very comfortable with someone other then Miura writing a book based on Berserk.

G

Gangstap

Reason for why no one has decided to write a book about it, is probably because the story is still progressing. Who knows, Miura might have a whole 'nother 30+ volumes that he wants to put out. No writer is going to dive into a project without a proper timetable. But i do agree, a book would be kickass. Even more badass would be a continuation on the anime once the manga is done. I can hope cant i?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about that idea. I don't think it'd be very interesting if Miura himself wasn't writing it (no thanks to a Star Wars-like extended universe fan fiction), and if he did it'd be a loss not to have his artwork in there.

Basically, Berserk works so well as a manga that I don't really want it in another medium.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think a "Guide to Everything Berserk" would be a cool idea, and it's something I've always wanted to see in English, hence my encyclopedia project. But it's certainly a far cry from being authoritative and complete. But it's a dream Id like to see reality one day.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I think a "Guide to Everything Berserk" would be a cool idea, and it's something I've always wanted to see in English, hence my encyclopedia project. But it's certainly a far cry from being authoritative and complete. But it's a dream Id like to see reality one day.

Just to be clear, I think turborabbit2 was talking about a novel here.

There are actually a few books analyzing and "explaining" Berserk that came out in Japan. I haven't read them (though I've seen some excerpts) but they're not authoritative as far as I know. Anyway, it'd indeed be very cool to have a reliable guide in English. And I wouldn't mind if my job was to write it. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Just to be clear, I think turborabbit2 was talking about a novel here.

There are actually a few books analyzing and "explaining" Berserk that came out in Japan. I haven't read them (though I've seen some excerpts) but they're not authoritative as far as I know. Anyway, it'd indeed be very cool to have a reliable guide in English. And I wouldn't mind if my job was to write it. :troll:
Oh I know what he meant, but I'm just saying a guide would be far more exciting than a fan-written novel. If the effort is going to be invested by the fan community, I'd rather see it put to good use as a supplement to the series rather than an exercise in shifting the medium of the work.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Oh I know what he meant, but I'm just saying a guide would be far more exciting than a fan-written novel. If the effort is going to be invested by the fan community, I'd rather see it put to good use as a supplement to the series rather than an exercise in shifting the medium of the work.

Yeah, I totally agree. When do we start? :void:

G

Gangstap

Lol as the largest Berserk fansite I say you guys tackle this project lol... Im waiting with great anticipation. :p

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
I'd shell out cash for a nicely bound, hardback (even softcover) version of this web site. Hell, I'd buy four copies for myself!

Top Bottom