Vampire Hunter D Novels

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Ok, lets get down to it. Who has them and how are they in their translated form? I am currently watching Blood Lust right now and iv been looking at the wiki for it and saw the novels. Reading the short explanation of each novel has got me wanting to read them. Worth it?

S

Sanguinius

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Ok, lets get down to it. Who has them and how are they in their translated form? I am currently watching Blood Lust right now and iv been looking at the wiki for it and saw the novels. Reading the short explanation of each novel has got me wanting to read them. Worth it?

I have the 1st 2 books in the series not sure what they're up to now though. I liked the 1st one, it's based on the 1st animated movie, the 2nd book is something totally different, not from either movie and to be honest I didn't think it was that good.

Edit: Upon looking at Walter's link I see that the 3rd book is the basis of the 2nd movie so maybe they skipped the 2nd book as it does seem to be a lemon. Maybe the later books in the series are as good or better than the 1st, they seem to be up to book 10 with 11 on the way, so if you get into it, it's a long series.

Great books. I've got the first 10 volumes. I'll be ordering the 11th some time next week. The movies don't do the stories they are "loosely" based on any justice.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Yea, it only took me like 20 minutes after I made this thread to break down and get the first book! Awaiting its arrival! =D

S

Sanguinius

Aazealh said:
It's the other way around: the movie was based on the book.

Yes, that's what I meant to say, I just meant the story is of the same setting, but yes, I meant the book was the basis of the 1st movie.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I've got up through 10, but the last has been sitting on my shelf. I enjoy them, but I'm still not used to having a proper job and am staying fairly busy.

I suggest you brace yourself for an unusual writing style. I don't think I can describe it well so I'm not going to try. For all I know its just the way japanese lit works.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
jackson_hurley said:
I think the series end with volume 12.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vampire_Hunter_D_light_novels

Hrm... this list seems shorter then when last I looked. Fewer multi-book stories.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Majin Tenshi said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vampire_Hunter_D_light_novels

Hrm... this list seems shorter then when last I looked. Fewer multi-book stories.

Oh it's quite possible because I know Dark Horse packed some of the books in one. More like a 2 books in one I think. Or maybe I just misread the information that happens sometimes. :p

SaiyajinNoOuji

Iv finished the first three novels of the series and well. I like them a lot! There are big changes in the third book in which Bloodlust was based off of. I enjoyed it though and I will be ordering all of them soon enough! :guts:

Top Bottom