What would you ask in an interview with Miura?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
I like the questions you chose for the most part, they're the essential stuff. However I'd add this one: "Can we have some more details on why Episode 83 was left out of the collected volume? Do you consider the events in the episode to be canon? Can we expect to see or hear from the Idea of Evil again before the end of the series?"

I agree with Aaz the questions you picked and the one Aazealh added sound good to me.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I agree with Aaz the questions you picked and the one Aazealh added sound good to me.

Yes the Aaz's one is more detailed as question for the lost episode. I'd replace it with the previous one I put out.

Dante Greystone

Hail to the King Baby!
1) How can one man have so much awesome in him?
2) Do you view mangas expecially the one you do as an art form or rather a venue for the entertaiment media and thusly must be judged under its own merits?

Dante Greystone

Hail to the King Baby!
Ramen4ever said:
Fixed.

Personally, I would prefer more interesting questions than those two.

come on the second one is legit man weather he sees Berserk as art or entertainment will drastically alter how the series goes and knowing what he thinks is interesting to me because i want a carrere in writting so bite me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dante Greystone said:
come on the second one is legit man weather he sees Berserk as art or entertainment will drastically alter how the series goes and knowing what he thinks is interesting to me because i want a carrere in writting so bite me.
From one writer to another, you might want to look into a career that doesn't involve spelling.

I'm pretty sure Miura sees it as entertainment but either way in Japan, the line between "art" and "commercial products/entertainment" is less defined. Both by the culture and by the post-War economic situation. Japanese people accept that art and commerce will be blended; and in fact, they are surprised by the Western hierarchy of ‘high art.’ Here in the West, it certainly is dangerous to blend the two because people will throw all sorts of stones since art in the west is supposed to establish culture.

Japanese artists like Takashi Murakami who have come to New York to pursue a career in Fine Art has recognized the lack of a reliable and sustainable art market in post-war Japan, and the general view of Japanese art in and outside the country as having a low art status. He is quoted as saying that the market is nothing but "a shallow appropriation of Western trends".

Miura is a talented artist and seems to draw alot of inspiration from Western culture, but being a mangaka I doubt he is concerned with any type of artistic status like western illustrators more often are.

Dante Greystone

Hail to the King Baby!

From one writer to another, you might want to look into a career that doesn't involve spelling.

Im actually good at spelling but I typed this without taking that extra second to think or double check I mean come on its the internet come the fuck on man.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dante Greystone said:
Im actually good at spelling but I typed this without taking that extra second to think or double check I mean come on its the internet come the fuck on man.
You may also want to look into a few "Punctuation for Dummies" books. :troll:

Walter's thread in speculation nation has made me realize that we should be asking more important questions.

- Will we ever get a more in depth recount of Skullknight's past and whether or not he really is Emperor Gaiseric.
- Will we ever get a more in depth explanation on the relationship between Skullknight and Void?
- Do you have any plans on making a Gaiden (I think that's the term) of Skullknight and his past, or more specifically the events that transpired 1000 years before Griffith's ascension.

just reworded to make sense of course. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I really like that last question rather than the previous two, since they're a little too specific, and heading into spoilerific territory. We don't want to scare him away with these questions.

Dante Greystone

Hail to the King Baby!
You may also want to look into a few "Punctuation for Dummies" books.

again internet not really caring rough draft and such things of that nature.

Dante Greystone said:
You may also want to look into a few "Punctuation for Dummies" books. 

again internet not really caring rough draft and such things of that nature.

But you did care enough to register an account to this forum, so you might as well stick to its rules.

SPELL CHECK. The Spell Check button is just to the right of the "Preview" button. Please, use these features before you post. It only takes a few seconds. A lazy, error-ridden post reflects badly on the user, and generally won't be taken seriously by the forum at large. You are also expected to be using proper mixed case and punctuation.

As for the questions:
I like the ones Walter chose, particularly 2), 4), 5) and 7), as well as the one Aazealh added.

I actually really liked a lot of the questions Proj2501 had in mind.

1) Any chance you will ever release some unused ideas for fans to see what could have been? (Character designs, enemies, possible deviations from established story line)

2) What volume was the most difficult for you, in terms of deciding where to take the story?/what portion of the story was the most difficult in terms of making hard decisions on where to take the direction of the series? Any regrets?

3) How much does public comment play into the decisions you make in the series? If for example certain characters or scenarios appear unpopular with fans, do you acquiesce to their demands or move forward with your original concept?

4) You've talked of post-Berserk projects in the past. Do you still expect to do it, or will you be enjoying retirement after having spent so long working on Berserk?

5) Do you feel a sense of achievement at what you've accomplished over all those years? Was it worth the sacrifices to your life and health it has required?

Top Bottom