Episode 298

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, so uh.... wonder what the Alliance is thinking after suddenly seeing all these monsters?

Hooooly Shit. Gorgeous! It may be time to bust out my Wacom tablet again. :Drools:
I've got a feeling we'll be seeing alot more activity in the creation station.

God, this is going to be worth the wait guys. I hope you all know that. Thank God Miura delivers.

Alternate cover.....yawn. Maybe I'm just a cretin for not appreciating it like I should. :shrugs:

I cannot wait to read this episode. OMG...shit. Made a sticky mess in my pants.

Seriously though, how will the people react after seeing their beloved Hawks transform into Apostles?

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Thanks for the preview!!

However I'm quite confused. I was expecting that Griffith would blow away the hellish evil tower in some spiritual way..But with this panel with transformed apostles, I wonder if all this mess is happening under the Midland people and the pope's eyes. Or maybe Griffith's army has go far away from the Midlanders to fight against the mini-Ganishkas. :???:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Previews and stuff: 01 | 02

Fucking awesome to both of those. It's good to see Grunbeld and Zodd's apostle forms again.

Walter said:
Wow, so uh.... wonder what the Alliance is thinking after suddenly seeing all these monsters?

They probably are going to be happy they are on their side. Edit: Either way I would shit bricks.

First post, hello.

In the last episode, Griffith did produce an extremely bright light. Perhaps nobody will be able to see the apostles within the light? Unless it was produced for Ganishka's eyes only...

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
The contrast between the preview and the alternate cover gave me a quick laugh. Both look great though, especially the preview. I think this tosses those theories of a non-climatic, "Griffith blinks and he wins" scenario out the window. Can't wait to see what's in store!

Well giving it a little thought. When Apostles transform, there is a fog/steam that usually accompanies the actual transformation. Maybe since there are SO many apostle transforming at once (bear with me) the Midlanders won't be able to tell what's actually going on.

Well, then what? Ganishka's dead and all the Hawks are nekked?!

Ugh. I'm my own worst enemy.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sorry Umino, but it looks like the man went all out so as not to be upstaged by his girlfriend. :troll:

That spread is awesome, and as for them transforming in front of everybody... at this point, why not? Of course, it could also be more of an metaphorical/ethereal vision/depiction, as I'm sure not everybody saw the giant wings of light spreading forth from Griffith in 297 either. Otherwise, I think someone's had to have moved, because I don't remember Griffith being so close to the Apostle army before, but the regular calvary (*don't have it in front of me though).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Of course, it could also be more of an metaphorical/ethereal vision/depiction, as I'm sure not everybody saw the giant wings of light spreading forth from Griffith in 297 either. Otherwise, I think someone's had to have moved, because I don't remember Griffith being so close to the Apostle army before, but the regular calvary (*don't have it in front of me though).
It's definitely a physical transformation -- you can see a few of the apostles' armor being torn apart as they grow in size.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Alternate cover.....yawn. Maybe I'm just a cretin for not appreciating it like I should. :shrugs:

Well, it's just a fun bonus. Don't take it too seriously.

BerserkMJM said:
First post, hello.

In the last episode, Griffith did produce an extremely bright light. Perhaps nobody will be able to see the apostles within the light? Unless it was produced for Ganishka's eyes only...

Hi, welcome to SK.net. Yes, it is indeed possible that only Ganishka can see the light. He already saw Griffith as being made of pure light when they first met, after he was forced into his mist self.

Loc_n_lol said:
Maybe we'll finally get to see Irvine's apostle form... or not.

Irvine and Rakshas... That'd be quite the treat!

Walter said:
It's definitely a physical transformation -- you can see a few of the apostles' armor being torn apart as they grow in size.

On a side note, Griffith actually tells them to unleash their evil, that's why they transform.

S

smoke

You know it was a long break when I seriously couldn't remember what had been going on in the story for about twenty seconds. Then I was like "Oh yeah, the most epic shit evar, right."

Glad it's back. I've got an erection.

smoke said:
Glad it's back. I've got an erection.

It seems like everyone is either getting wet in the pants or popping a boner just because there's going to be a new Berserk release. What's even worse is that this happens every single time.

I took the time to make you a new banner, smoke. :carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I figure it was going to happen sooner or later. If Griffith and co. beat Ganishka with out turning into their true forms, they would have changed afterwards since they won "The War" and thus really have no opposition. Then would be feeding time on the whole world for the apostles. Now at least its done with so after they win they can have a victory snack with everyone! :ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:

Oh, I'm sure it's in fact physical, but that technicality still doesn't disqualify a dreamlike reality involving the Absolute One; Zodd's armor tore off in volume 17 after all. :zodd: (never has this emot been more appropriate than this questionably sneaky Zodd example; I'm warning you, argue further and I'll cite Casca's disappearing/reappearing boots from volume 23 =).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Oh, I'm sure it's in fact physical, but that technicality still doesn't disqualify a dreamlike reality involving the Absolute One; Zodd's armor tore off in volume 17 after all. :zodd:
That is a damned fine point my friend. This is getting pretty trippy now, bringing up the USO/AO stuff ... But I think we'll really have to see the full ep, and maybe even the next, to get a definitive answer on the circumstances here.

I'm surprised at Ganishka apparently fragmenting...I wonder if part of him will actually escape and persist after this whole mess. I'm sure Daiba would try to do more than just fly around helplessly :carcus:

pray.jpg

"Please god, Please god, Please god, Pleeeeeeease god, make this episode come out early!"

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Ah yes, i can already feel a most pleasurable expectation welling up inside me! Seems like i made it back just in time.

P.S.: I'm back! After about a month without any access to the holy internet..damn that was no fun at all! Stupid IP keeping me frustrated all the time. Anyway, hooray for the next big release event!^^

Top Bottom