Episode 298

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Translation is up, for those who haven't noticed yet: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9522

That 2-page spread of Griffith announcing to his army: "UNLEASH YOUR EVIL," is so impressive and attention-drawing, I'm wondering if this is critical moment when the veil will be forever lifted for the commoners on the nature of Griffith's intentions.

There's really no turning back now -- his army, lieutenants and right-hand men have just shed their human skins (I think it's cute that Sonia wanted to be next to Griff during all this). While I do believe Griffith could play it off as "I tamed these beasts to my will," I wonder if he even needs to play nice with humans anymore since the tide of this war has already been pushed well in his favor.

Also, Miura makes a point of establishing that Sonia will guard Charlotte and the pontiff, and Mule the three of them. I wonder if that will play out at all in the upcoming events, such as if/when Griff is separated from the rest of the army to battle Ganishka, if there will be a critical moment where the royalty will be in danger. That's just what popped in my head at first anyway.

Hello everybody (first post since years only reading !!)

Things are becoming serious for Neo hawks. Even if Ganishka minion's are not a match to apostles like Zodd :zodd: and co, they will give hard time to the average apostle.
It's so impressive to see how Ganishka "creates" so easily those creatures ( we can define them as quasi-apostles?)

It shows us that Ganishka is full of "demonic" power, that he can not control (Ganishka minions seems to "pop-up", like mushrooms, not depending on his will)
However those minions seems linked (by some kind of telepatic link) to the "big" Ganishka, as they rush directly to Griffith...

So.... it's difficult to have an idea of what can happen in the next episode... Will the Ganishka "tower" join the party ?? :ganishka:

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
Wow thanks for the scans. It has been a long wait but as always worth it.
It seems like the world needs The neoHawks and Griffith with all the evil force , to face Ganishka's incontrollable power. It seems like fight fire with fire.
But i want to see Griffith in action and i think against Ganishka in the end he will make a move.
till next time ...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Translation is up, for those who haven't noticed yet: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9522

That 2-page spread of Griffith announcing to his army: "UNLEASH YOUR EVIL," is so impressive and attention-drawing, I'm wondering if this is critical moment when the veil will be forever lifted for the commoners on the nature of Griffith's intentions.

There's really no turning back now -- his army, lieutenants and right-hand men have just shed their human skins (I think it's cute that Sonia wanted to be next to Griff during all this). While I do believe Griffith could play it off as "I tamed these beasts to my will," I wonder if he even needs to play nice with humans anymore since the tide of this war has already been pushed well in his favor.

I was wondering that myself.  Will the wedding between him and Charlotte even be necessary now?  On the other hand, he did ask Sonia to watch over Charlotte and the pontiff, and for Mule to guard the three of them, so maybe he needs the royalty afterall.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm not saying he'll screw the pooch and not go through the proper channels to solidify his reign, I just don't think he has to play nice about it anymore :guts:

Another way I was thinking about this was if the nobles and people around Griffith DON'T react adversely to the scene we're witness to now. Maybe they'll completely buy in to his reign over the Apostles - an effect of their being transfixed by his persona. Maybe they're so fixated on him being their savior they won't make the connection that he's in league with these ambassadors from Hell.

Afterall, his subjects, including the nobles are likely the "blind white sheep" that were prophesized.
Aazealh said:
"The Angel shall be a Falcon of Darkness. Both master of the sinful black sheep and king of the blind white ones. The one who shall bring an age of darkness upon the world."

PS: Ooooh it suddenly got interesting for me all over again :isidro:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Well, I'm not saying he'll screw the pooch and not go through the proper channels to solidify his reign, I just don't think he has to play nice about it anymore :guts:

Ok, gotcha. :guts:

Walter said:
Another way I was thinking about this was if the nobles and people around Griffith DON'T react adversely to the scene we're witness to now. Maybe they'll completely buy in to his reign over the Apostles - an effect of their being transfixed by his persona. Maybe they're so fixated on him being their savior they won't make the connection that he's in league with these ambassadors from Hell.

Afterall, his subjects, including the nobles are likely the "blind white sheep" that were prophesized.

That's definitely a possibility. He could explain away the apostles any way he wanted to and the pontiff would back him up. Afterall, thanks to the pontiff, he's now the official savior of Midland.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
There's also always the possibility of selective memory or illusion, "The monsters were bearing down on us, and then all I remember after that is a white light!" or something. I mean, Griffith literally invades their dreams and shapes their perceptions. But, more likely Griffith's uber-Charisma will just steamroll all doubts, I mean, those in the Hawks are already well aware of these facts (as well as his summoning spirits after battles, etc) and they obviously don't have a problem with it. Hell, even conservative old Guts has come around on the necessity of sorcery in these situations. =)

What I'm interested in is if Griffith will now find newfound, and even genuine, support among his former enemies in the stuffy nobility because of his awesome power, "Hey, this guy's not so bad, I think I get him now, and with MONSTERS on our side, nobody will be able to stand up to the might of Midland!" Also, will there be disillusionment among his core supporters, namely Owen and Raban?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Also, will there be disillusionment among his core supporters, namely Owen and Raban?
I think we've already seen the beginnings of that doubt in both Raban and Mule. I predict they'll be key in leading a revolution in the distant future.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
I think we've already seen the beginnings of that doubt in both Raban and Mule. I predict they'll be key in leading a revolution in the distant future.

That could be, though I don't know if I agree about the beginnings of doubt being displayed; they've certainly shown reservations or uneasiness about supernatural things, but they've never questioned Griffith. Mule since his "surrender" has been a model of loyalty, and I don't think it's been addressed with Raban yet, though he certainly looks like he's doubting their chances in this episode. =)
The only thing funnier than his face is Owen, unrecognizable, fully enclosed in his armor...

owenwatch.jpg

And the only thing funnier than that is the guy behind them with the scared eyes built into his armor. :ganishka:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
That last page was more than I can take after the break. And before that there was that mass of gaping fanged-mouths.

Did the spawns came from the giant footprints ? We know that Ganishka is full of evil power and with his size, even his footmark can brand the soil and act like demonic zone or the spawn are simply some residue from these footprints.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ryouma said:
Did the spawns came from the giant footmarks ?

Yeah, they came from the pools of blood in the giant footprints Ganishka left behind after he stepped on his soldiers.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Rhombaad said:
Yeah, they came from the pools of blood in the giant footprints Ganishka left behind after he stepped on his soldiers.

Thats a clever idea! I didn't suspect that at all! Thx a lot Scanbot. Amazing episode! I'm going to read the translation now to make me more happy!

Very nice to see Berserk again after all these months. This was definitely worth the wait, even if it seems to be largely just wheting the reader's apetite for the upcoming battle of the century between :griff: and :ganishka:.

I can't help but to wonder what is going to happen to the hundreds of thousands of Kushans that are being caught in the middle of this. Are they going to continue to defend Ganishka despite being crushed and eaten by his apostle-spawn? Is Griffith going to take the remnants under his wing? Or are they destined to be fodder in the middle of a bloody conflict between monsters? :judo:

Thanks. I wasn't sure cause I didn't had the time/the though to refresh my mind with the previous ep :void: Now that's pretty obvious yeah.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Rhombaad said:
Gotta love his Octopus-themed armor, too. :void:
Seriously... The Octopus Dude is starting to show real potential as a replacement for Adon, at least in terms of stupid sea-creature-themed protection.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Glad everything is back to normal and no more whining. As for the coming battle is the big showdown. Of course we all can predict Lord Griffith will be victorious.

This episode was worth all these wait, its just... Holy Crap!

I'm wondering though how will the midlander react when they saw their protectors turning into a bunch of grotesque monsters

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Walter said:

Really like the points you're making, and it honestly begs the question, what next? As obviously Ganishka's going to get whacked pretty soon. With his whacking, Griffith's largest immediate threat is gone, and he'll be unchallenged for a while. I'm reminded of Aaz's prediction that Guts & Co. will come back to a world ruled by Griffith, which is seeming more and more inevitable.

Makes me feel just a teeny bit sorry for Midland's inhabitants, as what chance do they have, even with a revolution, against Griffith in the future?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ryouma said:
And (the drapery falls) logically, Miura is returning the favor !

Hehe, I wonder what it'll be like. He can vary his style pretty well I think, so there's no telling.

FRS said:
the Ganishka-spawn were unexpected, i wonder how will they measure up to full Apostle ?

Hmm, well so far they don't seem to be doing too well, but maybe they'll manage to overwhelm them? I could see them kill a few weak apostles if they outnumbered them, but not much more from what we've seen of them so far.

Walter said:

Yeah, assuming they don't just remember a bright light like Griff said or anything of the sort, I can definitely see this as being a matter that'll raise questions and doubts in the future. The nobles that have been opposed to Griffith since his human days won't be reassured by an army of monsters. It's really hard to imagine the aftermath in any case. Wyndham and the surrounding area will be completely destroyed...

xela26 said:
Hello everybody (first post since years only reading !!)

Hey there, welcome! :serpico:

xela26 said:
It's so impressive to see how Ganishka "creates" so easily those creatures ( we can define them as quasi-apostles?)

Hmm, I don't know. At this point Ganishka isn't a mere apostle anymore, and we don't know much about those creatures yet...

Griffith said:
Also, will there be disillusionment among his core supporters, namely Owen and Raban?

I think it's one way things could start to go bad in the future (assuming there'll be a time of peace and prosperity after the battle). People like Raban and Owen remembering "that day" and what happened, pondering what they saw and how to interpret it.

Ryouma said:
We know that Ganishka is full of evil power and with his size, even his footmark can brand the soil and act like demonic zone or the spawn are simply some residue from these footprints.

Impossible to say. It could be parts of him that detached from his feet, or it could be his "aura" or mere contact that transformed the bodies of the soldiers he trampled into monsters, etc. There are a few possibilities but we can't tell exactly how it happened for now.

Roderick said:
I can't help but to wonder what is going to happen to the hundreds of thousands of Kushans that are being caught in the middle of this. Are they going to continue to defend Ganishka despite being crushed and eaten by his apostle-spawn? Is Griffith going to take the remnants under his wing? Or are they destined to be fodder in the middle of a bloody conflict between monsters? :judo:

A lot of them are already dead or dying from what we've seen. Either stomped on or blown up by fireballs. If there are any left I doubt they'll care about Ganishka, who they most likely don't even recognize.

Aazealh said:
Impossible to say. It could be parts of him that detached from his feet, or it could be his "aura" or mere contact that transformed the bodies of the soldiers he trampled into monsters, etc. There are a few possibilities but we can't tell exactly how it happened for now.

Imo, it's got something to do with how much evil or spiritual/astral energy Ganishka brought back with him after he got in his apostle machine (or whatever the term was) It's obviously more then he can handle, hence his brain damage. It might be a far cry but the evil/energy could be literally seeping out of him. The seepage could be transforming the deceased into monsters.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Imo, it's got something to do with how much evil or spiritual/astral energy Ganishka brought back with him after he got in his apostle machine (or whatever the term was) It's obviously more then he can handle, hence his brain damage. It might be a far cry but the evil/energy could be literally seeping out of him. The seepage could be transforming the deceased into monsters.

Yeah it's what I meant by "aura". It's a good possibility.

Nothing like demon on demon action, with the mere mortals waiting on the sidelines, to see who their next ruler (destroyer?) is. Kinda symbolic of the whole 'humans are weak' (but want to live!) and what happens to their lives is completely outside their control. Except for that one guy, his name escapes me.... :???:

Appreciation for Griffith's back molars on page 14.

Page 14 - this will become A Thing.

X

Xem

Love it!

Brings back memories of the Golden Age is a weird sort-of way. Griffith's leading an attack in a real battle where anything can happen. Makes me want to see Guts in action again!

Go Muira! go Berserk! November 14th can't come fast enough!

Top Bottom