Writing Miura

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
3 ) Just before the Millennium Falcon arc, there was an interview with you where you seemed to imply that you felt you were truly on the starting line of the series. If that is the case, how far along do you feel we are in the story at this point?

That wasn't an interview but a comment he made in Young Animal #2 of the year 2001.

Walter said:
6 ) In the past, there have been interviews where you discussed your interest in creating post-Berserk projects. Is there any hope for these still, or would you rather retire after Berserk's conclusion, having invested most of your career in such a successful manga?

I think an interesting addition to this question would be to ask (assuming he would work on something after Berserk) whether he'd still like to do a historical manga, or if he would want to try something else (Sci-Fi?).

I'll comment some more, privately, when we get the time. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The letter is being assembled as I type this. I hope to get it out this afternoon. After it is sent, I expect that it will be a long wait, if we're to get anything at all. But as soon as I do, of course you guys will be among the first to know.

The translation for the interview was done at no cost by Puella. Please thank her for all the time she invested in making this letter legible for Miura. Selfless efforts like these are the backbone of SKnet and what keeps us coming back every day.

puella

Berserk forever
I hope Miura will be happy with our letter.

Selfless efforts like these are the backbone of SKnet and what keeps us coming back every day.

The backbone of SkullKnight, who's composed of nothing but bones? How flattering!! :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Letter was mailed out today. I paid about $2.00 more than I probably needed to in postage -- just to make sure :void:

any rough estimate on how much time should it take for a letter to arrive in Miura's mailbox ? ;)
and why was the most important question omitted: when can we expect the next berserk episode?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Danat said:
any rough estimate on how much time should it take for a letter to arrive in Miura's mailbox ? ;)

It takes about a week and a half to two weeks for parcels with standard shipping usually.

Danat said:
and why was the most important question omitted: when can we expect the next berserk episode?

Reading this was irritating, even though I'm assuming you're not being serious.

Reading this was irritating, even though I'm assuming you're not being serious.
well i'd say 40% serious ;)
i mean it could phrased in a very gentle way to ask him something like:
"what is the most tiresome in making berserk that takes a lot of motivation? developing the plot or implementing it (i.e. drawing)? after you have decided how will the series go on, how much time it usually takes to draw that?"

idk, something close to that.
when i was 14 i had a hobby drawing comic books, so i undestand that being rushed in things like these ruins the mood to make it (if that's what the "irritating" part was about).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
But, we already know that while on these breaks, Miura is working on the plot and story sequences.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's just that it's practically the least important/interesting question you could possibly ask, and one that you can be sure won't get an answer (alongside "how is Berserk going to end?"). If a date had been decided upon, it'd have been printed in YA. And before that happens, Miura's not going to tell people about it personally.

Danat said:
"what is the most tiresome in making berserk that takes a lot of motivation? developing the plot or implementing it (i.e. drawing)?

Miura's already answered that question long ago in the Illustrations File interview. He said that drawing is by far the most tiresome for him. However we've reached a very important point in the storyline right now, so that planning the story likely demands a lot of time and effort as well.

meh, too bad i was lazy to read _all_ Miura's interviews.
okay then i guess we cant ask him something that would help us estimate the time he spends on his work?

and still i dont think that this question is _least_ important. At least for me as a reader which had recently read all berserk episodes in two days - its kinda hard to wait for next episode without any information about it ;). i guess you're just used to waiting through all these years.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Danat said:
meh, too bad i was lazy to read _all_ Miura's interviews.

Too bad indeed. When someone has the pretension to interview an author, the very least they should do is to read up on what he's already answered in the past so as to avoid redundancy. It's a simple matter of respect.

Danat said:
okay then i guess we cant ask him something that would help us estimate the time he spends on his work?

We don't need to estimate that (like I just told you in my previous post), and your question wouldn't help with it anyway. Frankly there's little merit in what you've proposed and you're not helping your cause by arguing about it. Since the letter's already been sent anyhow, I suggest you to stop insisting on the matter. As soon as there's news about the next episode it'll be posted on the forum.

Danat said:
and still i dont think that this question is _least_ important.

Well I do. In fact I think even worse things about it. Mean things.

Danat said:
At least for me as a reader which had recently read all berserk episodes in two days - its kinda hard to wait for next episode without any information about it ;).

You'll get used to it. In the meantime you can always re-read the series, since I don't think you can appreciate everything it has to offer in two days' time.

Hope you don't mind me dropping in. One of the problems with the question Danat is that it's really short term. Also it's not the type of question that would get an answer. New episodes come out sooner or later anyway. The small mysteries are far more interesting. The ones that have been mysteries for years. Like Guts' age, the Idea of Evil, does "Taka" mean Hawk or Falcon or if we can expect some more artbooks. These aren't the type of questions you'd have to ask every month. Not to mention that the quality of the questions will reflect on how Walter and this community is viewed.

Edit, Oh and welcome to the community. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Potentially good news everyone. I got a note on my door today that a "large package from Tokyo" arrived for me. However, since no one was home and it was from a foreign country, the idiotic postman decided to bring it back to the post office. It's currently in transit, so I cant access it until 3 hours from now. However, by then we will know whether it's
a) an actual response from Miura  :isidro:
b) a rejection letter from Hakusensha
c) an "address could not be reached" from the Tokyo Mail Service
d) a new Berserk artbook hand drawn by Miura, signed "For my #1 fans at SKnet."

I'm hoping for either a or d personally. Ill update with a double post here if necessary in t-minus 2.5 hours.

PS: No this is not an April Fool's joke.

Top Bottom