Writing Miura

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Why haven't I seen that before?
You're not ancient like us  :SK:

It's one of the many New Year's cards Miura sends out to fans on his mailing list. Now that he's received my letter and responded, I hope I get something special this January :schnoz:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Why haven't I seen that before?

There are many things you haven't seen.

Walter said:
It's one of the many New Year's cards Miura sends out to fans on his mailing list. Now that he's received my letter and responded, I hope I get something special this January :schnoz:

You already got something very very special! :azan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grovel informed me the bookmark is coming along. So we should really start drawing up exactly how we're going to respond to Miura in the follow-up letter. I personally don't think we should be too overbearing this time. I really just want to thank him for spending the time to reply and give him some praise for the recent action in the series -- letting him know we're on board despite the many detractors that cropped up during the extended break.

But even that may be a little too much :carcus:.

I really just want to say: "Miura, thanks."

I do think a bigger thanks for him actually replying to you is more than welcome, actually. Most authors wouldn't even bother. Miura is special, we have to let him know just how much. :slan: :casca:

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Walter said:
Grovel informed me the bookmark is coming along. So we should really start drawing up exactly how we're going to respond to Miura in the follow-up letter. I personally don't think we should be too overbearing this time. I really just want to thank him for spending the time to reply and give him some praise for the recent action in the series -- letting him know we're on board despite the many detractors that cropped up during the extended break.

But even that may be a little too much :carcus:.

I really just want to say: "Miura, thanks."

I agree with it just being a big "thank you", we were lucky enough to get a response, I think it would be rude to ask more questions(at least this soon), especially when the letter itself says that he hardly responds to letters. Let's not insult this gold nugget he gave us by asking for more

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Slime_Beherit said:
Let's not insult this gold nugget he gave us by asking for more
Precisely. It should be brief and to the point and ask nothing in reply.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Slan_wings said:
Maybe you can send miura something with the thank you as well like some fan art done well in oil painting.

We have already discussed this, agreed on something and it's being done at the moment.

Walter said:
Grovel informed me the bookmark is coming along.

In addition to the bookmark, how much would it cost, Assuming vee was a willing participant, to make a decent sized copy of the amazing Zodd on horseback oilpainting that vee did, near the end of his thread in creation station, and send that to Miura?]

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Bookmark has arrived! Thanks to Grovel and his daughter for this masterpiece! This little thing is just awesome :badbone: She did a great job maintaining the correct colors of the emoticons and of course the pixel-perfect job of recreating them in stitches.

bookmark1.jpg

Now I just have to draft the response letter and it and this amazing gift will be off to Miura, where he will hopefully use it in the future.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what I have so far for the reply letter.

To Miura Kentarou and Shimada Akira,

The members of Skullknight.net and I would like to express our extreme gratitude for the effort spent in answering our questions. Mr. Shimada, your gracious reply was certainly more than we expected, and we were truly humbled by it.

We would like to take this chance to congratulate Miura on his achievement in the series recently. We are simply breathless over the direction Miura has taken Berserk. I've been reading it episodically since 2000 and this is one of the most exciting periods I can recall. Simply outstanding work. You perpetually have us on the edge of our seats!

As a show of our respect and admiration for Miura's work, we have attached a bookmark the daughter of one of our members created for him. It features six of the emoticons we made for the forum here. We hope you find a good use for the bookmark and enjoy the emoticons!

Sincerely,
Frank ("Walter") Smith & the Skullknight.net community

Anything more to add? Anything to take away?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Looks great, Wally, but this caught my eye:

We would like to take this chance to congratulate Miura on his achievement in the series recently. We are simply breathless over the direction Miura has taken the series recently. I've been reading Berserk episodically since 2000 and this is one of the most exciting periods I can recall. Simply outstanding work. You perpetually have us on the edge of our seats!

You might want to take one of those out to make it a bit smoother. I'm sure Miura will really enjoy the bookmark. :serpico:

It gives me the impression that Mr. Shimada had a lot to do with getting a response for SK.net's letter and yet this new letter only includes a present for the big guy, to me that could be taken as a little rude, maybe. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Oburi

All praise Grail
m said:
It gives me the impression that Mr. Shimada had a lot to do with getting a response for SK.net's letter and yet this new letter only includes a present for the big guy, to me that could be taken as a little rude, maybe. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

I think Mr. Shimada will understand, thats his job. He doesn't write Berserk, Muira does.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Sounds good to me right now.
Ok then I consider it done and I just need to request Puella to translate it when she can find the time. Pleeeeeease Puella? :sad:

Top Bottom