SKnet's official I-Told-You-So thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I was going to hold it back until the episode release but I couldn't resist. To everyone who thought Griffith was going to one shot Ganishka with no neo-hawk involvement - I TOLD YOU SO!

HAH!

What manga are you reading anyway? Sorry couldn't resist.

edit: I couldn't resist commenting due to the mass amount of criticism I received for even contemplating such a thing, when it was so obvious to me that it was going to happen.

In layman's terms.... IN YO FACES!.
First of all, thanks for contributing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to an important thread. Second, your Internet victory lap is a little premature, seeing as Griffith hasn't lifted a finger yet, and all the apostles have done is transform in response to seeing the Chibishkas, so the outcome of this remains to be seen (see, here's where I'm contributing to the thread by discussing current events). Also, I reviewed your posts and the only conversation I saw that even somewhat resembled the scenario you described above was in this thread: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9339, the same thread in which I said:

Walter said:
I'm even willing to concede that there will be collateral damage done on both sides of the court as a result of this attack. But ultimately, I just don't think it's anything Griffith can't handle
So... not sure who you thought was persecuting you here?

PS: If you're going to respond, please limit it to one post. We'll correspond via PM following that if it keeps going. This is an important thread and I don't want people shitting on it all for an apparent grudge.

X

Xem

Walter said:
Also, I reviewed your posts and the only conversation I saw that even somewhat resembled the scenario you described above was in this thread: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9339

As Scorpio noted, and as has been seen in numerous threads, many people see a "Griffith blinks and he wins" scenario. Whereas I've held stern that it'd be a more bloody conflict than that, involving the Neo-Hawks explicitly and possibly even a casualty. I'm going to to do some research to see if I can dig some stuff up if I can. Bottom line is I truly love how most of the forum regulars (and moderators apparently) here seem to totally control what is an acceptable concept and what is not, even when they're proven wrong. Hypocrisy at it's best.

I apologize for not simply saying, "OMG BERSERK IS DA SHIT" instead. :isidro: I suppose a post like that would've flown with no questions asked.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Deci said:
Bottom line is I truly love how most of the forum regulars (and moderators apparently) here seem to totally control what is an acceptable concept and what is not, even when they're proven wrong. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Oh boo hoo, you acted like an ass and got called on it, it happens to the best of us. Wally even pointed out an example of him previously conceding to your point. Don't just throw out the pathetic victim card.

Deci said:
I apologize for not simply saying, "OMG BERSERK IS DA SHIT" instead. :isidro: I suppose a post like that would've flown with no questions asked.

Don't play that tepid card either, though you're absolutely right, if you have nothing of substance to say, not being a petulant ass or drama queen will usually help you fly under the radar unnoticed. :carcus:

Now let's get back to serious business, like arguing my theoretical "dream warriors" point I don't even believe in. =)

X

Xem

Irony at it's best, another moderator jumps in to uphold the status quo. The party line? It's calling someone an "ass" apparently.

Griffith

Deci said:
Irony at it's best, another moderator jumps in to uphold the status quo. The party line? It's calling someone an "ass" apparently.

[Walter] 11:18 pm: speaking of clunky, Deci is responding to you
[Walter] 11:18 pm: ignoring my genuinely humble PM attempt to calm him down
[Griffith] 11:18 pm: Uh oh, FOOD FIGHT!
[Griffith] 11:18 pm: Now I'm going to get it.
[Griffith] 11:19 pm: YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS THE ASS!
[Walter] 11:19 pm: lol
[Walter] 11:19 pm: NO U.
[Griffith] 11:19 pm: I'm glad we're having this convo, I'm going to post it in the thread, then split it and his post to a shittier thread/section. =)
[Griffith] 11:20 pm: OPRESS!!!
[Walter] 11:20 pm: ahahah

Yeah...

Anyway, between the unworthy use of ideas like "hypocrisy", "upholding the status quo", "the party line" and "irony", which in this context amounts to little more than you spouting buzzwords, you've exhausted just about every play from the "How to be a Forum Freedom Fighter for Dummies" handbook. So, now that we've established that you feel deeply and righteously oppressed by SK.net admins, I'm sure in addition to everyone from the Government to Mom & Dad, and you've fought for your right to party, we're going to talk about Berserk again now. Thank you.

edit: See, just look how much better the 298 thread is without all this crap, my own included. =)

BTW guys, feel free to "I told you so" and friendlily flame in here for whatever reason. Remember, it's the Internet, no hard feelings.

X

Xem

Griffith said:
[Walter] 11:18 pm: speaking of clunky, Deci is responding to you
[Walter] 11:18 pm: ignoring my genuinely humble PM attempt to calm him down
[Griffith] 11:18 pm: Uh oh, FOOD FIGHT!
[Griffith] 11:18 pm: Now I'm going to get it.
[Griffith] 11:19 pm: YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS THE ASS!
[Walter] 11:19 pm: lol
[Walter] 11:19 pm: NO U.
[Griffith] 11:19 pm: I'm glad we're having this convo, I'm going to post it in the thread, then split it and his post to a shittier thread/section. =)
[Griffith] 11:20 pm: OPRESS!!!
[Walter] 11:20 pm: ahahah

Yeah...

Anyway, between the unworthy use of ideas like "hypocrisy", "upholding the status quo", "the party line" and "irony", which in this context amounts to little more than you spouting buzzwords, you've exhausted just about every play from the "How to be a Forum Freedom Fighter for Dummies" handbook. So, now that we've established that you feel deeply and righteously oppressed by SK.net admins, I'm sure in addition to everyone from the Government to Mom & Dad, and you've fought for your right to party, we're going to talk about Berserk again now. Thank you.

Thanks for the response. :serpico:

FYI, I didnt even notice the PM's until I got the 3rd one from Walter, and I responded earnestly.

I don't feel any resentment or disinterest to post than the next Berserk fan. Most of the members here are extremely informative and reliable. However, when someone posts an "out of the box" idea, it's been obvious they get immediately outcasted. I have quite a few friends, albeit not nearly as big of Berserk fans of me, that have reserved from posting because of the obvious elitism that exists on these boards.

It's more than apparent that the forum regulars, as well as moderators, control opinion of the manga here. Though it's positive in the regulation of the forum's intelligence overall, it's derogatory to the growth of the diversity of it's members overall.

Honestly, my first post was pretty innocent, it was you (the moderators and regulars) that decided to take it personally and bring it to a new level.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Honestly, my first post was pretty innocent, it was you (the moderators and regulars) that decided to take it personally and bring it to a new level.
Font level 9001.
IN YO FACE!

PS: What?! 9,000?! :isidro:

Griffith

Deci said:
However, when someone posts an "out of the box" idea, it's been obvious they get immediately outcasted. I have quite a few friends, albeit not nearly as big of Berserk fans of me, that have reserved from posting because of the obvious elitism that exists on these boards.

Yeah, but that wasn't what this was about, I didn't attack or even address your idea at all here, and Wally didn't really attack it either, just the nature of your post in the beginnings of a new episode thread, one awaited for months.

If someone didn't know better, they would have thought you were being an opinionated SK.net elitist. :troll:

Deci said:
It's more than apparent that the forum regulars, as well as moderators, control opinion of the manga here. Though it's positive in the regulation of the forum's intelligence overall, it's derogatory to the growth of the diversity of it's members overall.

What's derogatory about that? =)

Kidding! Kidding! Anyway, again, I just don't think that's valid here, but an easy way to counter being called out by admins. If I'm wrong, fine, but that's the way I saw it unfold. Personally, I don't have anything against the idea, so the complaint that people were persecuting you over it didn't make sense to me.

Deci said:

Okay, but escalation is a two-way street, and you were by no means innocent and acting like the reasonable one trying to come to an understanding. I mean, I could have been an ass to Wally for pointing out that the ethereal/metaphor thing didn't hold much water, but instead I came up with a better answer instead of complaining about him pointing out that I missed something.

X

Xem

I responded in the same essence of someone saying, FONT LEVEL 60, OMG I CAME IN MY PANTS.

Though I raised the intelligence bar a bit and I made a remark eluding to the collective Berserk mind here at the forum. I have an alternate point of view (OMG look out!), and god forbid it be taken SERIOUSLY!!

You guys don't realize it, you've been here forever, but you've grown agoraphobic of anyone outside of this board.

Griffith

Deci said:
I responded in the same essence of someone saying, FONT LEVEL 60, OMG I CAME IN MY PANTS.

Though I raised the intelligence bar a bit and I made a remark eluding to the collective Berserk mind here at the forum. I have an alternate point of view (OMG look out!), and god forbid it be taken SERIOUSLY!!

Yes, and I was only trying to uphold law and order in the name of community and the social contract... pfff, who are we kidding? It was pissing contest! :guts:

Deci said:
You guys don't realize it, you've been here forever, but you've grown agoraphobic of anyone outside of this board.

Oh, we realize it, it's a matter of policy. =)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
YOU ARE ALL FAGGOTS!
emotshobonok5.gif

am I doing this right?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Deci said:
However, when someone posts an "out of the box" idea, it's been obvious they get immediately outcasted.

It's not a matter of people being "outcasted" Deci. It's a matter of quality and how informative our mods here want this forum to be. Years here have shown that they just want to avoid confusion above all as far as Berserk is concerned. Whether if it's from bad sources (bad translations, speculations without concrete information to back them up etc.) You have to understand, that if our mods weren't trying to avoid this, most fans or even new members would have a massive case of confusion. Specially those who haven't even started on the manga side. And trust me, I've been bitten here before by them as well. But they were right. I'm not attacking you in any way, nor taking sides. But I feel that is something that should be clear for everyone who logs into this forum. You said it yourself. Regular members have been very informative. Imagine if these guys weren't deleting half the shit that comes from the "not so informative" members.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=this fucking thread]I TOLD YOU SO! contemplating so obvious there will be collateral damage done on both sides of the court as a result of this attack. elitism. a new level. level 9001. IN YO FACE! elitism. FONT LEVEL 60, OMG I CAME IN MY PANTS SERIOUSLY!! FONT LEVEL 60 OMG I CAME IN MY PANTS SERIOUSLY!![/quote]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Deci! :serpico:

You seem to be upset, but even so I think you should be more careful about what you claim, and always present evidence of what you're saying. That's very important in order to make a sound point.

Now to comment on what you've said more specifically:

Deci said:
As Scorpio noted, and as has been seen in numerous threads, many people see a "Griffith blinks and he wins" scenario.

Please quote the exact posts, so that we can see what you mean. How many people exactly, and in how many threads. Thank you.

Also, you should note that so far the apostles haven't attacked Ganishka himself, although he has sent forth minions of his own that they'll no doubt be fighting in the coming episode. Minions that I predicted would exist a year ago. You, on the other hand, have been saying this:

Deci said:
If you ask me, it's much more likely that Griffith's army will attack Ganishka first, probably incurring quite a few fatalities. Following this will probably be Griffith's attack, which honestly I'm far too clueless to try to hypothesis how it will occur.

Clearly you were wrong. No big deal though, it happens to everyone at some point. :serpico: But let's continue with your claims:

Deci said:
Whereas I've held stern that it'd be a more bloody conflict than that, involving the Neo-Hawks explicitly and possibly even a casualty.

To be exact, this is what you said:

Deci said:
However! I still hold to the idea that perhaps we'll see at least one huge defeat on the side of the neo-Hawks in this battle.

It seems a bit early for you to be saying they have suffered a "huge defeat", doesn't it? Anyway, if you read that thread again you will find that no one actually told you it was impossible for them to suffer casualties.

Deci said:
I'm going to to do some research to see if I can dig some stuff up if I can.

Yes, why don't you do that. Because I'm afraid the conflict that sparked this thread only exists in your mind. I think you've been deluding yourself about being right and a mysterious, vague group of others being wrong. Again this isn't a big deal, but it shows why it's important to always review the incriminated posts and to quote them when calling people out on something. Context and perspective are not to be neglected either.

Deci said:
Bottom line is I truly love how most of the forum regulars (and moderators apparently) here seem to totally control what is an acceptable concept and what is not, even when they're proven wrong. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Ah, so you are angry that people disagreed with your opinion of what would happen? Again it would be greatly appreciated if you could provide the evidence of what you're talking about. Thanks in advance.

Deci said:
Irony at it's best, another moderator jumps in to uphold the status quo.

That's not ironic. And what's the status quo, exactly?

Deci said:
However, when someone posts an "out of the box" idea, it's been obvious they get immediately outcasted.

I don't mean to offend you, but I think very little of what you've posted has been "out of the box". The apostles attacking Ganishka is a thought everyone must have had, and that some discarded as unlikely. And I don't see how you've been outcasted. Hell, I'm pretty sure no one gave this whole thing a second thought apart from you.

In what way have you been outcasted exactly? Are you referring to the fact people have disagreed with you? I'd just like some specific examples so that (if it's true) we can address the problem and maybe avoid it in the future.

Deci said:
I have quite a few friends, albeit not nearly as big of Berserk fans of me, that have reserved from posting because of the obvious elitism that exists on these boards.

Oh my, elitism. What qualifies? Enforcing proper spelling for character names? It's what was cited the last time I think. Or maybe it was the fact we urge people to purchase the manga. That never went well with some folks. Anyway, I'm sorry that your friends think that way. Tell them they'll always be welcome here.

Deci said:
It's more than apparent that the forum regulars, as well as moderators, control opinion of the manga here.

Forgive my elitism, but we're actually labelled as "Administrators", not "Moderators". They're two different user groups. Also if by "control" you mean that we'll reply to people disagreeing with them at times, providing reasons why, and then they'll sometimes submit to those reasons, then what can I say? You've been able to give your opinion on anything and everything so far. If people replying to you without necessarily agreeing is such a big deal, I suggest you make a blog and turn the comments off. This forum is for discussion, so expect other members to reply to what you say. Systematically.

Deci said:

Using words like "agoraphobic" just to sound smart isn't a good idea. You can't be agoraphobic of a person, and you can't be agoraphobic in a familiar place, which SK.net would be for "SK.net regulars".

Anyway, check this out:

Deci said:
I've been toying with the idea that maybe Miura won't show the battle between Griffith and Ganishka right away. Leaving it to our imaginations at first doesn't seem so horrible in my opinion. Wouldn't it be interesting if we got a volume or two with Guts and Co., then an epic return to Midland where the world has been turned upside-down? Perhaps somewhere down the road we'd get another big flashback, showing exactly what happened.

I've got this ominous image of Griffith sitting on his throne in my head. All powerful and a bit mysterious, never content with how much he rules, letting us wonder how and why he let it get to that point.

Deci said:
Is it me or is it oddly coincidental that Griffith is finally about to rise to power and here in the US we're about to have our Presidential Election? Maybe he's trying to time the two to fit together. It might work since everyone's mentality is going to center around a "new leader". :p

Yes, you have so shown us. :ganishka:

No hard feelings. :guts:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
I really can't get the meaning of this whole thread, sorry.

But I don't think that the only purpose in a forum should be eternal approval.
It's a discussion, of things that are in Berserk and things on witch we may speculate on.
Personally I never felt a great winner in giving speculation that will be exact.

I prefer to focus on the analysis of what we have already in the manga.
Many times I exposed my thoughts about things not so clear in berserk but none here told me I was wrong, if not demonstrable.

I think that as devoted fans the greatest thing we can do is find connection point with not clear events discussing on what we have for real.

So I can't really see the reason for this mess, just for speculation approval.
I would prefer a clash of ideas for a more deep discussion, for example the comparison of the Void's speech and the Idea's one.(that looks weird to me, but anyway).

I hereby proclaim that Ganishka will not only defeat the Neo-Hawks but also Griffith himself. Let it be known that at the moment of Griffith's slaying, I shall rub it in everyone's faces to make up for my complete lack of self-esteem. :daiba: :ganishka:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Wow, Just Woke up, no class today, turn on the computer and go to SK.net and step right into a fight that I have no clue how it started. Seriously, where is this stuff coming from?

What Deci is talking about is from August, so were you stewing this and just waiting for something that in your mind would vindicate your thoughts and feelings, then when you thought you found said proof just decided to make a thread that could only lead to you getting flamed alive.

I understand what you're saying about some being a little adverse to out there ideas (so I'm guessing you meant xenophobic, maybe) the only thing is that in most of those instances that those ideas are sooo out there that in order for them to exist they require a certain obliviousness, or in some cases, just a total disregard of evidence directly from the Manga.

However, I DO agree with the fact that anyone should be able to bring up whatever idea they have (as long as it involves Berserk and isn't something that already has happened) to Speculation Nation, no matter how crazy it is, so if I wanted to stake something that is a million to one . However, if you are to bring up something that you cannot proof, or at least that you yourself acknowledges that you can't proof, then there is some unspoken etiquette that is tasked for you to do so. You should at least admit to everyone while your raising your point that it doesn't have much if anything to support it, this would ensure you don't get flamed because when you bring up something that has no depth due to lack of evidence, most people are going to think that you are misinformed, or laugh outwardly/facepalm when they read it.

Now Deci your putting yourself out there as some who's pointing out injustices present here, yet if I was to start a thread that was about some wacky theory that I had that involved Guts actually being a woman, I'm willing to bet if you did reply to it, then it wouldn't in support of that theory. My point is that there is a little gray area between allowing people to speculate and create threads on things that are totally wacky and baseless, because you really don't want a lot of those types of threads, simply because they don't allow for deep discussion due to how out there that they are. But on the other hand people should be able to speculate on what they want in Berserk (As long as they aren't asses about it) just as long as they put it in speculation nation.

So I have an idea, how about a thread within Speculation nation that's all for General speculation that doesn't have the necessary amount of evidence to be considered something that can be proven one way or another. This way posters or authors are allowed to review what they are going to post and decide if they have enough evidence that it deserves a spot on Speculation Nation, or if not then they have the option to still post their thoughts, but by posting it on General Speculation (its a better name then "Baseless Speculation") they are providing a little e-etiquette by acknowledging that the idea is lacking in proof, however once they do this everyone should take into account that they're are admitting that their idea is out there then temper their judgements before responding accordingly.

Take right now for instance: I've been talking about reviving/making a new thread about the possibilities of there being an Idea of Good in Berserk, but before I posted I would have to consider my arguments, see if there is any basis within Berserk for it, then based off that analysis decide if it belongs in Speculation Nation, or if it should go in General Speculation, see? That way the Admins don't have to go around responding to threads that are just based on far out bullshit. In the cases that an Admin thinks that a certain theory was undeserving of Speculation Nation, the poster should have the right to present their side of the argument and then convince the hopefully objective Admin to let it stay.

By doing so when can have threads in Speculation Nation for things that can be discussed based on the interpretations of evidence within the Manga, and we can have a space for ideas that aren't necessarily wrong, but don't have enough evidence to prove themselves either way.

And finally, I think we should also have a section devoted for the times when you have heated discussions that evolve (or I guess regress) into arguments. Now this wouldn't be a section for flame wars or anything, but rather it would serve to gimp arguments and keep them from expanding into constant PMings, chat room bickering, or worse being a big ass argument clogging up space in a serious discussion thread. This section (I'd call the Fight Club) would gimp fights, in much of the same way that saying, "let's take this outside" does. So if I was arguing with someone and I acknowledge that it is becoming a full fledged argument, but I still wish to "discuss this" with whoever I'm arguing with, all I have to do is say let's take this to the fight club. Then me and whoever I was arguing with can continue to do so (still adhering to the rules of SK.net) and let it play itself out, and if nobody acknowledges that they should take their argument to the fight club, then an Admin can say,"Move this to the fight club" and they have to just take it to the fight club no questions asked, because this isn't something that would be debatable, and of course I know the Admins would be objective about this as well. A thread like this would clear the air, save PMs for important things, such as general speculation cases, and allow people to play out their anger/indignation/whatever, instead of creating a thread after two months of bottling up whatever grievance they had, *Looks up at this thread*.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Guts' intestines said:
And finally, I think we should also have a section devoted for the times when you have heated discussions that evolve (or I guess regress) into arguments.

Those types of sections always make the rest of the board look like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom