Guts digital sculpture.

Re: Guts digital scupture.

dilsonlucas said:
Thanks to everyone that replied!!! :guts:

showguynie: I'm using 3d max out of zbrush. The hair was created using a 3d max built-in system called "hair & fur". It's fast, but crashes every time.

Thanks for the informations dilson. It's a shame to proceed without mental ray, so powerful... :judo:
It would me my pleasure to make the uv set for you, so if you want you can ask me :troll:. Imagine one second you could make subsurface scattering, HDRI rendering, and many many great things... You can still use headus uv layout or unfold 3D magic edition for your UVs.

I like what you've done with this mesh, but I have still one thing to say, I think Guts should be more thick, his arm muscles and head should be more wide if I can say that... However it's impressive, nice work =)

BiQ_

" ... "

Wow, it looks mighty good!

One nitpick though, even if you didn't post any newer pictures of artificial arm in "cannon mode", metal hand's palm goes down, and quite a far down at that, not up. (or at least every instance I checked in manga it turned downwards)

thanks to everyone for your replies!
showguynie: thank you! Maybe I'll reconsider doing the uv :guts:.
BiQ--: I'm not very sure about that. But if I decide to make a pose of him using his cannon then I'll recheck this.

Right now I'm very busy with some other things, so it's no progressing very much. But here is a couple of images with a sculpted hair and a new pose.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5131/gatts55pd2.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5702/gatts56yz4.jpg

He still looks like a skinny bitch, the proportions are off, the shoulder armor doesn't sit right, and he looks less like Guts and more like a slim-faced goon.

deathbybears said:
He still looks like a skinny bitch, the proportions are off, the shoulder armor doesn't sit right, and he looks less like Guts and more like a slim-faced goon.

Deathbybears, awesome constructive feedback. I can see how much you contribute to Creation Station... :schierke:

How about you give, IDK, anything artistic a go. Hmm?
How about ya do that before blurting out your utterly useless verbal diarrhea.
So Deathbybears, keep it constructive and respectful or shove the dick back in your mouth.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=2596.0

deathbybears said:

I agree with what you mean, but man show some respect...

Here is what I want to say : the face doesn't match, the two circles are the shoulders axes and the green one is to show what it should be about it; when we raise our arm higher than the he shoulder, the shoulder itself rotate...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Looks good, but as you pointed out the face isn't quite there. What I noticed is that his face isn't narrow enough and he's missing his scars.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head

Wow, deathbybears that was definitely too harsh. Dilson its not bad, you just need to fix the face. I think the problem is his nose, its too big and too long imo. And to deathbybears' "skinny bitch" comment, I'll translate it in a constructive way: just beef up his arms, they are a bit too thin compared to how Guts really is.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to be harsh. I don't think I wasn't slandering the artist. I think in referring to the model as being a "slim-faced goon" and a "skinny bitch," in respects to the ideals of Guts, I threw you guys off. Like many of us have said in this thread already, even before the clothing and armor were added, he's far too thin.

Those are really quite good. Huge improvement since your initial post.. that's for sure. The face might be able to use a little tweaking but I can't quite put my finger on what part. I'll edit my post when I figure it out. >_<

I'm sorry. I clicked on the post button by mistake when the answer was still unfinished.

deathbybears: your comment was very unnecessary. This is a fan art, I'm not even a professional modeler. I'm sorry if it's not exactly the way you want it, but I don't owe you anything. Any kind of RESPECTFUL comment or critic is welcome.

Again, I made some changes on his proportions as everyone asked. I like the result and these were the last changes on his body.
guts73wq2.jpg

guts74iy9.jpg

guts71kf9.jpg

Here is close on his face so you can better see it.
guts75tn6.jpg

I gave him an expression and a stand. I'm very happy with the result but I'm also regret I didn't make the lower body.
I've been involved with this model for a long time and I got a little tired. I'll take a break of it now and maybe start a new berserk character.
It should be remarked: these are draft images! So you will see overlapping stuff and other errors.
big image: http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4877/guts58si7.jpg

guts76ko8.jpg

my.php

guts69kr1.jpg

guts65ka3.jpg

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
He is looking pretty good. Definitely recognizable as Guts at this point even without any of his trademark gear. About how many polys is your model?

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
It's incredible how well it looks so far! My only complaint is that something about the hair feels wrong. It looks almost rounded in the back. The back of Guts head always appeared spiky, and I see that to some extent but maybe if the hairs were a little pointier?

Good job ! Not perfect : only Miura (and Headlong I guess) can do a real Guts, but man you really get it now ! Guts character feelings are there ! Rage, anger, hatred in your last pose, that's quite good !

More poses :slan:

Thank you everyone. I'm very glad you liked it :guts:

I decided to work a little more on the character. The so many awesome scenes in the manga made get back to it. I want to recreate some of them in 3d, but with a toy like touch.

90945261.jpg

31819557.jpg

T

titogod

Cool, I think guts has too much hair.

I will make a Berserk RPG game in 3D later.

I could use XNA or something else.

Keep up the work

Looks great, good job.
Only thing that seems off is the hair (Like some members said), but overall it's great.

Guts' eyes on the third model (Front) remind me of Void :void: :guts:

Top Bottom