Guts digital sculpture.

nice cape :serpico: I like the fuzzy feel you gave to it, although the edges/end's of cape look a bit rushed and thick :schnoz:. Overall I think it's a pretty good Guts you got going on. Is the DS handle that long? I'm at work right now so can't check the manga.

thank you everyone for your support.

here is a new work in progress :puck:

77013883.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Id actually say the face is close to perfect. But I always imagined Zodd would have a stronger jawline. That could easily just be the lighting here though.

Great work!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's going along pretty well. You definitely do need a stronger jawline though. He's kind of prognathous.

nice work dilsonlucas, the body looks great, even though the face is a tiny bit off like the others have said (in the jawbone, but also in the cheeckbone and nose bridge area IMO), i think asic's version of human zodd is more like the manga's version
and also a question about sculpting software in general, like zbrush/mudbox :serpico:
Is it possible to rig and pose a character made in zbrush? id imagine rigging would be difficult with that many polygons

that is awesome man, great Zodd so far :zodd: Maybe the jaw should be stronger, but what I noticed was his arms looks a little thin, could be the angle that is tricking the eye but I think it needs to be a bit more buffed.

cryo said:
Is it possible to rig and pose a character made in zbrush? id imagine rigging would be difficult with that many polygons

It's pretty much impossible to rig and skin a character with several million poly's, what you can do is make a lowpoly model and put the highres displacement maps on it, or make a lowpoly and use Normal maps (mostly for games).
Mudbox does not have any rigging options or anything with animation for that matter. In Zbrush there are some options for posing a character but I never use Zbrush so I can't go in any detail.

armando: thank you.
Rhombaad: thank you.
walter: thank you.
aazealh: thank you.
cryo: yes. It is possible to pose the character in zbrush. Zbrush keeps many levels of detail. When you want to pose the character you do it in the lowest level, and the higher levels details are automatically posed too.
asic: thank you.

I appreciate everyone's comments, this feedback is very important. Though I wanted this to be sort of a speed sculpt and not worry about details, I will try to improve the jawline as everyone said.

Here is an update.

zbrushdocument.jpg

Great work Dilson, great anatomy details.
I love what you did for the armor too.

One thing to say : I think the femur part should be shorter.

Can't wait to see next step =D

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Beautiful job with Zodd there. :D Your Guts was quite fantastic as well! would love to see some texturing on these guys; I bet they'd look even more killer.

Top Bottom