What are you drinking? (general liquid thread)

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
You know as bad as the hard water is on my shower panels, I still rather have that in my stomach than a second chin under my goatee. Did you know that if you swallowed the amount of sugar in a single can of Pepsi or Coke by itself, you'd vomit. The only reason your body can tolerate that much sugar at one time is because of the phosphoric acid.

Either way, I don't want to get pregnant! :ganishka:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
IMG_0219.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Griffith said:
I drank a Sparks Plus tonight, and I'm not too proud of it. =)

I was never a fan of Sparks, but several of my friends love it. I had three Hornsby's Hard Apple Ciders tonight. Delicious! :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I've been drinking that Ensure plus health stuff to try and gain wait. Two every day. So far not much luck. They are good though. Anyone else have any experience with that stuff?

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I'm drinking a bottle of lemonade, did I mention it started snowing for the first time this year?

Sam Adams Winter Lager....although I prefer Octoberfest....and my friends prefer neither. Only me and the gf drink Sam Adams.....don't know many people that enjoy it as much as I do.

X

Xem

double-bastard-label.jpg

So I tried a beer I had never heard of last night called Double Bastard, and god damn was it a fun challenge. 10.5% alcohol, 8$ for about 32 oz.... took me about an hour and a ha;f to drink. VERY hopsy.

click here to read what was on the back of the label, I'm not kidding when I said it was a "challenge", since I normally drink cheap commercial beer: http://www.arrogantbastard.com/doublebastard/2008/doubleback08.jpg

Tonight I bought another new one, called Stone IPA, another higher gravity beer, was gonna wait but I have reason to celebrate so might crack it open.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I love Pastis, a South French drink which tastes like anis. Years ago, I tried to order one in some bar in Virginia, and, of course, the bartender didn't know what it was... When I explained it tasted like anis, I read the strangest expression on his face, that's when we realized the poor guy thought I meant...anus!!!!!!! :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Been drinking a local cocktail called an "embuscade" here, which translates as an "ambush" in English (or "ambuscade", if you're old school like me :badbone:). Here's the recipe in case anyone's interested:

You mix this all directly into the glass (a tumbler, ideally) in this order:

1) White wine: 6 cl (2 US fl oz)
2) Calvados: 2 cl (0.7 US fl oz)
3) Black currant syrup: 1.5 cl (0.5 US fl oz)
4) Lemon syrup: 0.5 cl (0.17 US fl oz)
5) One blonde ale: 25 cl (8.5 US fl oz)

It's pretty good, and usually particularly appreciated by the ladies as you don't really feel the alcohol in it. That's where its name comes from. :carcus:

Deci said:
So I tried a beer I had never heard of last night called Double Bastard, and god damn was it a fun challenge. 10.5% alcohol, 8$ for about 32 oz.... took me about an hour and a ha;f to drink. VERY hopsy.

click here to read what was on the back of the label, I'm not kidding when I said it was a "challenge", since I normally drink cheap commercial beer: http://www.arrogantbastard.com/doublebastard/2008/doubleback08.jpg

That's all good and well, but was it any good? From your description, somehow I don't think so. Sounds like the kind of beverage designed with one goal in mind: getting drunk for cheap.

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
That's all good and well, but was it any good? From your description, somehow I don't think so. Sounds like the kind of beverage designed with one goal in mind: getting drunk for cheap.

Actually yeah I liked it a lot, though it took some time to drink. You couldn't drink it fast, I don't care who you are, and it's about 2-3 times as expensive as other brands of the same size.

I'm all about cheap beer, but I'm also a beer enthusiast from time to time, this was one of those ventures. About to take a sip of the Stone IPA as we speak....

Quite good! A bit on the tangy, heavy side, and it leaves a nice long after taste. Doesn't really go away for a few minutes. Mmmm.

Top Bottom