What are you drinking? (general liquid thread)

X

Xem

The glorious and always delicious, Mountain Dew.

I drank so much beer and whiskey over the Halloween weekend I think I might be done for good.... well, make that a good while.... or, really to be more accurate, probably for about a week or so. ..... At least with whiskey anyway. :troll:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
On Sunday I ended up having a shot of Grey Goose, two White Russians, a Jack Daniels Downhome Punch, and a Sparks Plus. This was not the plan.

Man, I hope it wasn't because of anything serious - especially for a Sunday!

Myself, right now, I'm thoroughly enjoying a bottle of St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout: http://www.mcauslan.com/en/ourbeers/sta_stout.htm

It is /delicious/. :ubik:

Griffith

Bekul said:
Man, I hope it wasn't because of anything serious - especially for a Sunday!

No, nothing serious, it was my girlfriend's birthday and I ended up having to finish all her drinks for her, which is what usually happens.

X

Xem

グリフィス said:
On Sunday I ended up having a shot of Grey Goose, two White Russians, a Jack Daniels Downhome Punch, and a Sparks Plus. This was not the plan.

I was followin' ya up until that point, I've never been able to drink more than half a Sparks, and I can drink just about anything containing alcohol. At least she has you help her, though. As a wiseman once said, getting drunk is fun, having a girlfriend more drunk than you is not! :void:

I'm hydrating at the moment, with some oh-so-yummy tap water.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fattire.jpg

The only beer I'll drink.

Griffith

I like Fat Tire, but I don't understand the BIG DEAL about it. Then again, I'm a beer whore.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
グリフィス said:
I like Fat Tire, but I don't understand the BIG DEAL about it. Then again, I'm a beer whore.

I hear a lot about it I just want to give it a try. Then again there probably is a reason why the State of Maryland, does not and will never have Fat Tire.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I hear a lot about it I just want to give it a try. Then again there probably is a reason why the State of Maryland, does not and will never have Fat Tire.
As I understand it, it only recently started to get sold stateside. But you can find it in pretty much any supermarket these days. I got mine from Trader Joe's. It's tasty :beast:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
As I understand it, it only recently started to get sold stateside. But you can find it in pretty much any supermarket these days. I got mine from Trader Joe's. It's tasty :beast:

Well I'll have to check it out for my self and give it a try.

Griffith

It's from Colorado, and has been in California for as long I can remember, big amongst the beer snobs in the Bay, and my buddy Dave even has a tin relief of the label design on his wall. Didn't know it was so exclusive to the Western United States until now though; sucks for you guys. Better make up for the lost time!

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I'm not going to say I think Fat Tire is overrated, but... well, it doesn't taste too different from other beers in that category in my opinion. Never understood why people rave about it so much.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
I'm not going to say I think Fat Tire is overrated, but... well, it doesn't taste too different from other beers in that category in my opinion.
Is that category "tasty beers" ? :troll:

I really can't speak with any authority on the subject. All I know is that I had one at a party a month or so ago and I've been hooked. Beer never entered my house before, but now there's always a 6-pack of it in my fridge.

Griffith

Walter said:
Is that category "tasty beers" ? :troll:

I actually think that's what he meant. :ganishka: Amber ales are pretty damn tasty as you found out.

Walter said:
I really can't speak with any authority on the subject. All I know is that I had one at a party a month or so ago and I've been hooked. Beer never entered my house before, but now there's always a 6-pack of it in my fridge.

Nice, if you're going to stick with one beer, that's a good one.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Yeah, I was talking about amber and a few other pale ales. Don't get me wrong, Fat Tire is a very good beer- I just get a little tired of so many people who rave and sing it's praises (many of them have probably never tried anything besides american domestic previously). There's just so much good beer out there if you're willing to look around and try new things.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
Yeah, I was talking about amber and a few other pale ales. Don't get me wrong, Fat Tire is a very good beer- I just get a little tired of so many people who rave and sing it's praises (many of them have probably never tried anything besides american domestic previously). There's just so much good beer out there if you're willing to look around and try new things.

Let me come to the rescue: I've drank quite a few beers in my life and have never heard of it. Worse, I'm not particularly impressed by it and not at all bothered by the fact I'll likely never drink it. Also, "Fat Tire" is a rather stupid name. I'm sure it's great with a burger though. :troll:

Still, it's better to have a knockoff of a Belgian beer than not know what it's like at all.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
I'm sure it's great with a burger though. :troll:

Mmmm, in my opinion beer and burgers hardly ever go hand and hand. Steam crabs and beer do, but I'm from Maryland so I of course have a biased opinion.

Anyways, I've always been a bigger fan of darker beers. So Fat Tire is going to have to jump through hoops to get my approval. :azan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Mmmm, in my opinion beer and burgers hardly ever go hand and hand.

I only wrote that to be insulting and condescending to American beers and products in general, hence the troll emoticon. For the record I've had beers with burgers myself. In fact I had one last week.

Top Bottom