Guts' first Beast Take Over

Hey all, I am new to the forums, and I wanted to point out something about Guts, and his deranged sub-conscious, the beast of darkness. Check out volume 20, page 185. This is where Guts encounters the God Hand, manifesting their forms into the many evil spirits during his adventure in Albion. Guts goes into a psycho rage, and you can see that his eyes change into the beasts' eyes when he attempts to attack the fake God Hand.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think this is necessarily the beast "taking over." This is Guts going BERSERK, drawing on the violence and desperation that the Beast feeds on. It's a mutual relationship in these moments. Symbiosis ------<<-@ :guts: :beast: <3<3

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zerk said:
Hey all, I am new to the forums

Hi Zerk, welcome to the forum! :guts:

Zerk said:
Check out volume 20, page 185. This is where Guts encounters the God Hand, manifesting their forms into the many evil spirits during his adventure in Albion. Guts goes into a psycho rage, and you can see that his eyes change into the beasts' eyes when he attempts to attack the fake God Hand.

I must agree with Walter. The Beast of Darkness is an integral part of Guts and it didn't really "take over" in this case. The eye is just there to show that he was maddened, since the Beast represents all his rage and hatred among other things. Good observation anyway, it's always interesting to find the little hints of the Beast's existence and influence throughout the manga.

Aazealh said:
Hi Zerk, welcome to the forum! :guts:

I must agree with Walter. The Beast of Darkness is an integral part of Guts and it didn't really "take over" in this case. The eye is just there to show that he was maddened, since the Beast represents all his rage and hatred among other things. Good observation anyway, it's always interesting to find the little hints of the Beast's existence and influence throughout the manga.

Thanks for the welcome. In a way, that is what I meant when I said "take over" sorry for any confusion. As a newcomer here, I must say that I am absolutely in love with berserk, it is by far the greatest graphic novel ever created. I have read the entire manga from start to finish three times already, and I could read it again 10 more times, it is simply a masterpiece, and to be a part of a forum dedicated to berserk is awesome :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zerk said:
In a way, that is what I meant when I said "take over" sorry for any confusion.

I thought so, but yeah in doubt it's always better to specify in order to avoid confusion. :beast:

Zerk said:
As a newcomer here, I must say that I am absolutely in love with berserk, it is by far the greatest graphic novel ever created. I have read the entire manga from start to finish three times already, and I could read it again 10 more times, it is simply a masterpiece, and to be a part of a forum dedicated to berserk is awesome :guts:

Hehe, well I'm glad you like it. And I'm sure you'll have fun noticing many little things that escaped you when first reading each book in the coming months, like in this case. :serpico:

Top Bottom