Fable 2

Was I the only one here that was super stoked about this game being released? Even though it came out a few days ago, I can't believe no has mentioned. So far its a incredible game. The layout is kinda iffy, and I wish the spell were set up like the original. I'm just glad it feels the same, and that I can expect 10times, what the original offered.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I don't have a 360, so I haven't gotten one myself, but I look forward to its inevitable PC release. :casca:

While I enjoyed the first game, there was a lot to improve upon. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the huge feet.

Oburi

All praise Grail
O yea I'm anxiouse for this game too, I just don't have any money to buy it right now. I will very soon though. All my friends are telling me it's awsome and I saw the review on x-play, they gave it a five....out five.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Grail said:
While I enjoyed the first game, there was a lot to improve upon. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the huge feet.
You know what they say about huge feet! :carcus:

I played the first one back in the day for a llittle bit... I dont know... just didnt interest me as much as I thought it was going to.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
My brother was expecting it a lot and he seems to like it so far. I'll probably give it a shot some day.

V

vanheat

I was really excited about Fable 2 but after two playthroughs not so much. They took out spells and the lack of armour is a bit devastating to me. The landscape and towns though are really engaging but I keep feeling like I'm playing fable 1 just a prettier version.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
vanheat said:
I was really excited about Fable 2 but after two playthroughs not so much. They took out spells and the lack of armour is a bit devastating to me. The landscape and towns though are really engaging but I keep feeling like I'm playing fable 1 just a prettier version.
They took out spells? I thought you still had magic, such as stopping time, freezing people, etc. ?

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Walter said:
They took out spells? I thought you still had magic, such as stopping time, freezing people, etc. ?

He probably meant some spells, because they definitely have spells, they've even got force push :puck:.

They got spells. Strangely some aren't as fun to use. You have to power up your magic. Leaving people time to hit you. They also have an organic form, that allows you to through spells like "push force" at people. Which is interesting but not great.

I think the game is great. Its huge on top of that, and a lot longer than the original. I loved the original so I would take any form of it that is expanded and what not any day.

V

vanheat

They really expanded the interactions with people, towns, and economy without the gritty details or text based conversations.

Walter said:

My bad, I meant some of the spells. They took out healing spells and the physical barrier spells because they replaced the mana bar with a, wait for the spell to charge, type of payment. Sorta adds some tension as enemies are wailing on you. Almost makes raise dead and time stop a little less fun as I just cast them so I can have some peace to cast spells.
They also took out the spells that created multiple hits with your sword or multiple arrows from your bow. I feel a little nerfed in the endgame. Whereas the first game I would roll in with a ton of mana pots, cast a physical barrier, raise dead, time stop, and then a whole lot of electricity. Now I'm waiting around charging my spells one at a time.
I read that wealth affects your appearance but I haven't seen how or if it does. The purity & corruption effects on your appearance is a great addition.

Top Bottom