Episode 299

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Great episode. :guts: Griffith's lieutenants really aren't kidding. Zodd's plowing right through his enemies, Locus is dicing them like a chef, and there's some nice fireball action from Grunberd too. :carcus:

As I thought, Sonia's angry because the humans are questioning the fact Griffith is leading an army of demons, wondering if he might not be one himself. It was to be expected, but that's an interesting development nonetheless. I wonder what Sonia will tell them to ease their fears, if she says anything more in the next episode.

PS: The additional pages with all the cats are cute but... Well, nyanderful indeed.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Great episode!

I'm glad to see the old apostles that raped Casca, :guts: piercing out all the minions!
Anyway let's see how Sonia will explain all this..Even if I think that she will say that those monsters saved their lives..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, what else can be said besides awesome stuff? Love the sperm whale apostle, and I can't wait to see the translation of everyone's reaction and Sonia getting pissed.

Drakull said:
It is the first time we see flying apostles ? right ?

Nope, there's Zodd of course, Rochine, also we saw some flyers in the background of the eclipse, and most recently there was the apostle air raid on Ganishka in Vritannis.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Drakull said:

You're making this little girl cry.

Roshinu.jpg

Great episode, Thank you!!! I agree, it was nice to see the Eclipse Apostles doing their thing.
The Chibis are getting owned. Yes, they're giving the apostles a run for their money, but they don't stand a chance. I think the Apostles could take care of all these things with just some time.

Ganishka's still on his way though. So anything could happen.
I'm actually thinking we may see one of the more familiar apostles die. Just a feeling. I could totally see Grunberd getting killed off, even to serve as a testament to the power of Ganishka. However, it's probably unlikely.

As for Rakshas and Irvine, it is probably better to NOT show their true forms now. But where are they?

Even though Miura said we can get to the climax now, I wonder how many more episodes this battle will take to definitively conclude.

Drakull said:
Really?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I agree, it was nice to see the Eclipse Apostles doing their thing.

Did you notice the "Beast of Darkness"-like apostle among them? :beast:

Proj2501 said:
Ganishka's still on his way though. So anything could happen.
I'm actually thinking we may see one of the more familiar apostles die. Just a feeling. I could totally see Grunberd getting killed off, even to serve as a testament to the power of Ganishka. However, it's probably unlikely.

Hahaha, I'm sure reading this will bring a smile to Deci's face.

Proj2501 said:
As for Rakshas and Irvine, it is probably better to NOT show their true forms now. But where are they?

Good question. Rakshas must still be hidden in the woods, observing quietly. Irvine and his men though, I have no idea. Maybe protecting the important human folk at the back, without showing themselves too much?

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
A very nice episode! Especially the full-page Sonia shot at the end.^^

Aazealh said:
PS: The additional pages with all the cats are cute but... Well, nyanderful indeed.

A purrfect distraction!

Cool episode. I can hardly wait for Griffith's own move. :guts:

Aazealh said:
Irvine and his men though, I have no idea. Maybe protecting the important human folk at the back, without showing themselves too much?

My guess as well, I don't think Griffith wants any of the humans present to get slaughtered. At first it felt like the battle was a free for all but after seeing that most of the apostles are pushing forward/side and a few are keeping back to kill anything that gets past the other apostles. It actually looks quite coordinated for a monster battle.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Did you notice the "Beast of Darkness"-like apostle among them? :beast:

Yup I saw him and I was saying at first : " hey is that?!" good one though!

Anyways, lots of action, great great great details!!! And an episode in 2 weeks! (and if everything goes well, i could have an episode for the week of my birthday on December 12 ;) )

Thx scanbot!

ps: I hope someone will be kind enough to translate the cheezy-teaser lines for me if they have the time hehe

Awesome. Great detail on every page. Pure Mayhem in content. May be Sonia is making the people stupid so that they can't see the apostle true form as they seemed to be getting scared of the carnage and the feasting beast.

Can the apostles change their size? I thought that Grunberd even in his apostle size was not humungous (at least thinking back to fight with Guts). yet on the two page panel with the whale and dinosaur apostle he seems to be as big as a sky scraper. May be its just perspective.

MaN said:
Awesome. Great detail on every page. Pure Mayhem in content. May be Sonia is making the people stupid so that they can't see the apostle true form as they seemed to be getting scared of the carnage and the feasting beast.

I think they see the carnage and monsters just fine. The translation supports this as well.

MaN said:
Can the apostles change their size? I thought that Grunberd even in his apostle size was not humungous (at least thinking back to fight with Guts). yet on the two page panel with the whale and dinosaur apostle he seems to be as big as a sky scraper. May be its just perspective.

Grunbeld was always huge. Heck he's a giant in human form.. he's even larger in apostle form. Also he doesn't really look any taller in that shot, though it is angled from slightly below.

I think everyone is missing out on Sonia... Heck we might even see some of her "special" power in the next episode...

I dunno about this, but maybe she is much more powerful (or has more potential) than we really think

I don't think anyone can really miss out on Sonia. Clearly she's important. I didn't expect the spotlight to be this focused on her in the midst of an apostle romp though. It makes me guess that this is probably her defining moment in terms of Griffith 'taking her in'. What better for Griffith than to have her dumbify the humans. I more interested in her reaction toward Griffith after this.

Proj2501 said:
I don't think anyone can really miss out on Sonia. Clearly she's important. I didn't expect the spotlight to be this focused on her in the midst of an apostle romp though. It makes me guess that this is probably her defining moment in terms of Griffith 'taking her in'. What better for Griffith than to have her dumbify the humans. I more interested in her reaction toward Griffith after this.

To me it could be Griffith accepting her due to the special power she possessed.. We have yet to see what she could do...

Anyway I was still wondering why she said stupid... Or who was it really referring to in particular (to the rest of the people like Aaz mentioned?)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Anyway I was still wondering why she said stupid... Or who was it really referring to in particular (to the rest of the people like Aaz mentioned?)
Yeah, if you look at the translation it appears she's rebuking the humans who are wondering if Griffith is a monster like his army. It looks like she's about to launch into a big speech regarding how they should appreciate Griffith since he's their saviour, blah blah.

It's really going to be embarrassing for her when these assholes give her a wry look that says "told you so!" much later on.  :serpico:

Walter said:
Yeah, if you look at the translation it appears she's rebuking the humans who are wondering if Griffith is a monster like his army. It looks like she's about to launch into a big speech regarding how they should appreciate Griffith since he's their saviour, blah blah.

It's really going to be embarrassing for her when these assholes give her a wry look that says "told you so!" much later on. :serpico:

Oh... I got confused from that cause I thought she was referring to Griffith, from the panel you can clearly see she wasn't facing the crowd at all... In fact she is just looking sternly in the front direction which lead me to believe she might be staring (hence implying) at Griffith instead

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
May be Sonia is making the people stupid so that they can't see the apostle true form as they seemed to be getting scared of the carnage and the feasting beast.

They've already seen them, so that's unlikely. Besides they all turned to look at her after her message, so I think it's more probable she'll lecture them about their attitude toward Griffith.

MaN said:

I think the angle and maybe bad memory are confusing you because he looks about the same size to me.

Smith said:
To me it could be Griffith accepting her due to the special power she possessed.. We have yet to see what she could do...

Uhh, isn't predicting the future enough for you? Because that's to be quite something in my book.

Smith said:
Oh... I got confused from that cause I thought she was referring to Griffith, from the panel you can clearly see she wasn't facing the crowd at all... In fact she is just looking sternly in the front direction which lead me to believe she might be staring (hence implying) at Griffith instead

She's a telepath, she doesn't have to look at people when "talking" to them. Furthermore, she can't face everyone as they're all around her, and there are in fact people in front of her (between her and Griffith). Lastly, she might need to concentrate in order to "broadcast", so looking straight ahead doesn't mean much.

Anyway she definitely can't be speaking to Griffith himself as she'd never tell him anything like that.

Aazealh said:
Anyway she definitely can't be speaking to Griffith himself as she'd never tell him anything like that.

Erm actually what I mean was "implying" not necessary speaking or communicating with Griffith directly... (Kinda like too agitated that result in accidental discharge of her power)

But yeah you do have a point, let's wait and see what the next episode has in store for us. :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Erm actually what I mean was "implying" not necessary speaking or communicating with Griffith directly... (Kinda like too agitated that result in accidental discharge of her power)

Well, I speculated that it might be the case before we saw the whole episode, but after seeing the missing parts I favor my other idea. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
As usual, Mr. Miura delivers with an awe-inspiring episode. :badbone: The sheer number of new apostle designs is almost overwhelming, I bet he had a lot of fun drawing those guys up.

Speaking of which, I think that the new crab apostle stole the show a bit on pages 15-16. I won't get my hopes up too high, but it'd be nice to see another appearance from him. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
The sheer number of new apostle designs is almost overwhelming, I bet he had a lot of fun drawing those guys up.

And/or spent a lot of time working on it. :p

Grail said:
Speaking of which, I think that the new crab apostle stole the show a bit on pages 15-16. I won't get my hopes up too high, but it'd be nice to see another appearance from him.

Hahaha, yeah he's neat. I'm sure we'll see more of him, even if it's not much. :guts:

Top Bottom