Episode 299

Griffith said:
Yes, we shouldn't overlook the real possibility that she might actually know better than anyone what Griffith is and what he's about,

You mean she knows it even better than all of us since we can only speculate about it.

BiQ_

" ... "
A thought just entered my mind that maybe Griffith is actually trying to get most of his apostles killed here... you know, to get rid of some of these problematic guys... or maybe he is going to stage a show after fighting Ganishka where the savior slays most of the remaining apostles. Hell, maybe he actually will kill most of his remaining apostles for fun & politics himself, he's a God hand, right? Who says he couldn't do so?

...or maaaybe not. But I'd find it really weird if he had not taken this image loss into account. And whatever he has planned, it seems that Sonia is not privy to these plans.

EDIT: ...or, she is very much. And shouting "stupid!" at the folks doubting their leader at a time like this might very well be what Griffith has ordered her to do...

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
BiQ-- said:
EDIT: ...or, she is very much. And shouting "stupid!" at the folks doubting their leader at a time like this might very well be what Griffith has ordered her to do...

No, i think it's safe to assume that Sonia acted on her own there. I'm also fairly certain that she's aware of the fact that she's literally surrounded by evil monsters (including Griffith) but there's also nothing that can be done about that. Griffith's goal and eventual reign over humanity versus the open tyranny of Ganishka (or other powerful creatures) will have the human populace on the losing side. It's either certain death or eventual corruption. It's just that, for the moment, a life under Griffith could at least offer a tiny hope for a somewhat "happy" life. It remains to be seen how exactly Griffith wants to rule his subjects, how much illusional freedom and peace he wants to offer the people. Either way though, as of now, humans are screwed in the long run.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
You mean she knows it even better than all of us since we can only speculate about it.

I wouldn't go that far. Sonia might know a lot more than standard folks in the story due to her prescience, but the Reader is himself like the Kwisatz Haderach. :void:

BiQ-- said:
A thought just entered my mind that maybe Griffith is actually trying to get most of his apostles killed here... you know, to get rid of some of these problematic guys... or maybe he is going to stage a show after fighting Ganishka where the savior slays most of the remaining apostles. Hell, maybe he actually will kill most of his remaining apostles for fun & politics himself, he's a God hand, right? Who says he couldn't do so?

That idea's been brought up before, but honestly I don't think he'll do it. It just seems unnecessary, like a waste of a useful resource. And what purpose would it serve? To appease the people? I'm not sure it'd really work, given what they've already seen. I'm thinking Sonia might have a better shot at convincing them not to mind it in the next episode.

BiQ-- said:
...or maaaybe not. But I'd find it really weird if he had not taken this image loss into account. And whatever he has planned, it seems that Sonia is not privy to these plans.

I don't think she knows about a plan or was given an order or anything. But causality has a way of setting things up... There are many things that Griffith couldn't possibly have planned and that happened nevertheless. The work of a higher being. :idea:

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds
Thank you so much Scanbot + Aazealh (le dieu de Berserk) you guys totally made my day!

I'll comment this episode later on tonight...

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Aazealh said:
I wouldn't go that far. Sonia might know a lot more than standard folks in the story due to her prescience, but the Reader is himself like the Kwisatz Haderach. :void:

Kull Wahad! That's some dune-tastic insight! :troll:

Well, in any way, it's a good thing that she's getting a bit more spotlight for the time being. I'm one of those people who really want to know more about her and Mules circumstances. Blessed be the minor characters, especially those two.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jarome said:
Thank you so much Scanbot + Aazealh (le dieu de Berserk) you guys totally made my day!

You're welcome. :)

SimplyEd said:
Kull Wahad! That's some dune-tastic insight!

I've been waiting all those years for a worm apostle! :judo: (not really)

Sandworm.jpg

SimplyEd said:
Well, in any way, it's a good thing that she's getting a bit more spotlight for the time being. I'm one of those people who really want to know more about her and Mules circumstances. Blessed be the minor characters, especially those two.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm really curious about Sonia (much less about Mule to be honest). She's quite unique in many ways.

X

Xem

The only response I'm getting from my friends is who Sonia was talking about, and what she meant by it. I think she's either calling Griffith stupid because he's so close to the carnage or she's calling the Nobles stupid because they're doubting Griffith a bit. Honestly I lean toward the nobles, for even though she's a bit emotionally torn-up about Griffith, it doesn't seem like anything he could do would be wrong in her eyes. Aside from not taking her up as his woman, of course.

Tapping my foot anxiously for Nov. 28th at this point. This was a kick ass episode, but I'm really not trying to think about it, I'm more impatient than I've been in a long time to see what's going to happen.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Yeah, Volkov (ボルコフ) is everyone's favorite nowadays! :guts:

The prefer the translation "Borkoff" for obvious reasons, illegitimate as that may be. :ganishka:

yota821 said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the God Hand's (including the reincarnated Griffith) opinions probably haven't changed since then. :griff:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see a large number of the lesser Apostles wiped out in this battle, it may even be a matter of convenience or design that it unfold that way. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they seem mostly intact after either. Still, I'm also interested to see what greater impact their death's may have in this supernaturally charged situation with Ganishka. Look what happened just from him stepping on a bunch of humans, and I can't think of another situation where so many Apostles could potentially be wiped out, essentially at once, in the same place. Almost like a ceremony where Ganishka is the ultimate Apostle to end all Apostles, and if that many Apostles die, their bodies all being connected to the astral world and the vortex and all... well... :void: :idea:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
The prefer the translation "Borkoff" for obvious reasons, illegitimate as that may be. :ganishka:

Well, it was always made clear (by me) that it was most likely not the proper spelling. But shhh:

Zelda-Secret.png

:ganishka:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Really off topic but damn I wish I'd be able to color like these beauties!

Sooo are we going to see some Griffith action or not in the next episode?! I'd say that the mini-Ganishka will probably be wiped out in the next episode (hopefully) and then it's gonna be the turn of that humongous Ganishka tower. I wish it's gonna be that beautiful giant hawk of light, that I can't get enough to see, that is gonna take him out (aka Griffith) I give Miura 2 more episode until the fight is over.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Sooo are we going to see some Griffith action or not in the next episode?! I'd say that the mini-Ganishka will probably be wiped out in the next episode (hopefully) and then it's gonna be the turn of that humongous Ganishka tower. I wish it's gonna be that beautiful giant hawk of light, that I can't get enough to see, that is gonna take him out (aka Griffith) I give Miura 2 more episode until the fight is over.

Yeah, I imagine that during Sonia's speech the apostles will finish the job for the most part (assuming more critters don't keep coming up), and then it'll be time for Griffith to demonstrate what Sonia will have just said about him. I'm not sure that only one more episode will suffice, but I think it's safe to assume it'll be done within the current volume.

Damn, Grunbeld must of been working out, cuz his dragon legs got HUGE :isidro:

Did you guys see the size of his massive towering legs in the single and 2page spread?!!! They were insane!!
He looks hecka cool in this new version. The old version legs had more crystals on it; in this version his legs look like towers.

edit: Where is the Beast of Darkness? I can't seem to find it

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EndLeSS8 said:
Damn, Grunbeld must of been working out, cuz his dragon legs got HUGE :isidro:

Did you guys see the size of his massive towering legs in the single and 2page spread?!!! They were insane!!
He looks hecka cool in this new version. The old version legs had more crystals on it; in this version his legs look like towers.

His legs are the same they've always been man. It doesn't even look like the number of crystals has changed to me. I think the perspective's confusing you.

EndLeSS8 said:
edit: Where is the Beast of Darkness? I can't seem to find it

On the top of page 4 there's a sort of canine apostle.

Kirika-chan

I'm a llama? :'(
Aazealh said:
Anyway she definitely can't be speaking to Griffith himself as she'd never tell him anything like that.
I think she would. I mean, Guts would never talk to Griffith like that either... until he found out what he was capable of. The only time he confronted Griffith was when he realized, to his horror, that he was not truly Griffith's friend and that leaving was the only way to have any hope of being one. But, after seeing what Griffith was willing to do in the Eclipse, he'd definitely talk to Griffith like that. If the apostle attack just lifted a veil and allowed Sonia to foresee what Griffith will do at the end of the battle, and if that were horrible enough, ...I think she would.

The only reason why I doubt this to be the case is that Griffith knows of her power, so he would have seen it coming.

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
Kirika-chan said:
I think she would. I mean, Guts would never talk to Griffith like that either... until he found out what he was capable of. The only time he confronted Griffith was when he realized, to his horror, that he was not truly Griffith's friend and that leaving was the only way to have any hope of being one. But, after seeing what Griffith was willing to do in the Eclipse, he'd definitely talk to Griffith like that. If the apostle attack just lifted a veil and allowed Sonia to foresee what Griffith will do at the end of the battle, and if that were horrible enough, ...I think she would.

The only reason why I doubt this to be the case is that Griffith knows of her power, so he would have seen it coming.

Ummmm... And then there's the context...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kirika-chan said:
I think she would. I mean, Guts would never talk to Griffith like that either... until he found out what he was capable of.

Yeah... Well I think you're kind of missing the point here. Sonia knew about the apostles all along. I don't see what she could have found out regarding Griffith that she didn't know before here. And she despises normal humans as much as she idolizes Griffith. Furthermore, I don't think if she were doubting Griffith in the way Guts did during the Occultation ceremony it would happen like it is now. Going straight from "Griffith-sama" to "idiot" without any transition nor any indication that she had a new premonition. Guts himself first went through a phase of disbelief at the time, and even the vocabulary she's using doesn't seem very fitting to me.

Kirika-chan said:
But, after seeing what Griffith was willing to do in the Eclipse, he'd definitely talk to Griffith like that.

I don't think he would employ that word.

Kirika-chan said:

Oh, and what would he have done then? Killed her before the attack?

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I was just wondering. While this is all happening is Ganishkilla still seeing a giant hawk of light, or is he watching all this happen?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
I was just wondering. While this is all happening is Ganishkilla still seeing a giant hawk of light, or is he watching all this happen?
For all we know, the way ep 297 ended could very well not have happened yet from the perspective we're seeing in 298-299. We simply don't know.

Top Bottom