What will Falconia be like?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I still stand by my thinking of that, Sonja is just the person to put the humans into a docile state and once Ganishka is over with, it will be like a bunch of Turkeys at a slaughter mill! Who says your kingdom has to have humans as its citizens?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Who says your kingdom has to have humans as its citizens?
Humans will have a role in Falconia. Who else is going to sweep up the demon feces in the streets?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Humans will have a role in Falconia. Who else is going to sweep up the demon feces in the streets?
Schnoz and his kin. Humans will be the cattle. Need to feed them growing demons a balanced diet of human entrails and blood!

EDIT: Spelz gud.

Well, I don't know, if we know, exactly what Griffith wants, other than his own Kingdom. I mean, by nature, the God Hand are ruthless, which in that case the kingdom will be roled probably by terror.

But Griffith may want to be a Noble king. That his people adore. Why would he led the people like sheep. I mean whats he luring them in for? I mean once he's king, aside from the way he roles that kingdom, what does he need the people for? Power? What is he gaining? Other than the fact of a kingdom.

Maybe he wants to take Falconia and start wars with other nations, eventually throwing the whole world in a war of hatred and such. Fueling the God hand and the idea of evil. But weird he would take this really long about way, of becoming king, to get his own kingdom to send it to war. To battle other nations. Maybe even other apostle. When he could just as easly send the world into parrel with his God hand powers and aploste army. Maybe the "Realm Layers" don't allow him to do such freely. IDK.

I honestly believe Falconia won't be a cesspit of demons and human sacrifice, or be a redux of the starving and ailing citizens of the Mozgus Inquisition arc (YET, anyway). I'm thinking the pre-existing Medieval European styled architecture will remain, but the buildings and outlying cities will be a pristine white. Throw in some colossal Griffith statues here and there for good measure. Maybe even some Greek-style columns, as a previous poster suggested. Free beer on Sundays, and never again would a subject of Falconia suffer from bad hair days, or split ends! :carcus:

What I'm on the fence about is how the future will unfold. From the very moment we were introduced to Raban, that character has been constantly giving off these "I'm-the-only-level-headed-character-in-this-story-that-will-somehow-play-a-large-role-in-uncovering-something-or-aiding-the-protagonist(s)" vibes. Having the humans and Apostles co-exist under an illusion of paradise that will soon turn into a hellish "HAI GUISE!11 KILLING SPREE!!11" landscape seems too predictable to me. But then again, this is Miura we're talking about. The guy knows how to deliver. To this day, my mind has never been more mind fucked than from watching the last two episodes of the Berserk anime. EVERYTHING PALES IN COMPARISON. :void: I have this nagging idea about Charlotte too, but I'll wait and see what happens before throwing any more odd speculation out thar.

Of course, there's also the scenario where Griffith makes the lion lay down with the lamb, heals Minister Foss's baldness with luscious, chestnut colored hair, AND brings home your daughter (still pure!) before 9:30 PM. Basically, all is well unless a certain beefcake :guts: decides he still wants to ask Griffith for a cup of sugar, which some how inexplicably cause the two worlds to bleed onto one another, etc. when he could have prevented casting the world into darkness by avoiding confrontation with Griffith (basing this on nothing, but let's just say, hypothetically, Guts receives some painfully vague info from Skull Knight or King Hanafubububbubkbubkbubkubkuububku).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Maybe he wants to take Falconia and start wars with other nations, eventually throwing the whole world in a war of hatred and such. Fueling the God hand and the idea of evil. But weird he would take this really long about way, of becoming king, to get his own kingdom to send it to war. To battle other nations. Maybe even other apostle. When he could just as easly send the world into parrel with his God hand powers and aploste army. Maybe the "Realm Layers" don't allow him to do such freely. IDK.
He'd have to be declaring war on his own empire then. Griff's empire (likely to have its capital named Falconia) already has the allegiance of all the countries under the Holy See Alliance. The force that's now assaulting Wyndham is composed of representatives from all those armies. Here's who's in the alliance, and thus, now working with The Falcons:

holyseealliance.jpg

In case you missed it. I'll recap a bit for you. Power in the continent was split between all these countries and city-states since 1,000 years ago, and even moreso after Midland fell from grace after the Kushan invasion. But then they formed this alliance in the name of the Holy See, the leader of which has now passed his blessing onto Griffith. And all the countries fell in line with devoting representatives of their armies to his service.

A possible counterpoint should be noted here. There is a small chance of rebellion in the outlying countries among those who didn't devote the bulk of their military to the Wyndham assault forces. However, as Locus said, politics will have no meaning in the coming world. :griff:

So, that's the thing. What's setup for the future is peace: all wars on the continent resolved, and all countries working together, like a bow tied around Griffith's finger.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
So, that's the thing. What's setup for the future is peace: all wars on the continent resolved, and all countries working together, like a bow tied around Griffith's finger.

And then the carnage begins? (feeding time perhaps?) joking aside I still stick with what I said previously... But again we'll have to wait.

by the way thanks again Walter for the graphic with the countries involved, it's been a while so I kinda forgot how many there was involved.

Do you guys think there is a lot of other countries apart from these one and the kushan empire?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
(I considered posting this as a new thread, but it really does relate to the empire/city itself.)

Humans and apostles working together was a little unprecedented for me, though it should come as no large surprise, given the prophecy that the Falcon of Darkness/Light shall lead the Blind White Sheep and the Sinful Black Sheep into the Age of Darkness. But just how that will play out got me thinking.

Griffith has led the apostle army as civilly as possible -- he allows no devouring of the humans in their own army. Recall the scene in vol 23 where the apostle hints at wanting to devour Sonya and Mule, but is stopped by Grunbeld. He says they've not tasted human flesh for a long time.

So, here's the sum of it. What do you get when you toss humans, who are willing to accept the monstrous nature of apostles, in with apostles who are ordered not to "do as they will" and devour them, as is their nature? I'd say you get a bit of a dillema later down the line.

This plan of Griffith's may work in the short-term, providing a buffer between the immediate threat of the apostles eating his subjects, but in the end, I wonder if Griffith, even with his innate influence, will be able to hold that tenuous line. Surely at least a few will tear that veil aside and do as they please. And what would happen to the humans' allegiance to these monsters then?

Ultimately, I foresee the apostles splitting into factions, possibly between those loyal to Griffith's will and those who would rather have the opportunity to give in to their nature.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
It's really hard to say. Given that the story is 60-70% done, finding the space to have a schism between apostles would be sort of difficult given the broader distance we have right now between Guts and Griffith. If anything, there will be a time jump so the story of Guts and company at sea doesn't stagnate.

As for what Falconia would look like, I imagine it would be sort of a new "Golden Age" of man and monster uniting under one banner. The city would be white and pure like the hawk of the light is intended to be. Or it could be gold, maybe.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
But ... how does your view of Falconia, listed above, account for the Age of Darkness that's prophesied to emerge from this new reign by Griffith?

And I think there's plenty of room for a "schism" between Griffith and the apostles. The conflict is already there, just beneath the surface if you reason it out. Read my post, in case you missed it, and since you don't seem to actually be responding to it :schierke:

Dani

Smile!
I am going to throw in my two cents. It may just be a pipe dream, I don't think we ever fully second guess what the out come will be. Fun to speculate.

Right, Walter, you bring up a few good points so I think I will try to respond to you as it's a good basis for me to start.

Walter said:
Griffith has led the apostle army as civilly as possible -- he allows no devouring of the humans in their own army. Recall the scene in vol 23 where the apostle hints at wanting to devour Sonya and Mule, but is stopped by Grunbeld. He says they've not tasted human flesh for a long time.

So, here's the sum of it. What do you get when you toss humans, who are willing to accept the monstrous nature of apostles, in with apostles who are ordered not to "do as they will" and devour them, as is their nature? I'd say you get a bit of a dillema later down the line.

You do bring up a good point. Yes, there does seem to be a very strong underlying friction between the human and Apostles, for the very reasons you mentioned. May I suggest an alternative outcome? I think Griffith is holding back the demons/Apostles from touching the humans right now because he wants the humans to trust them. Having a few Apostles munch on a few humans would severely undermine the entire development of both working together. I think Griffith is purposely trying to have the humans accept the Apostles because they won't be going away any time soon. A world needs humans, so they can't be wiped out and Griffith needs his Apostles, so having them working together benefits Griffith's plans. The "dilemma" you mentioned, I think will be resolved, just not how you make out.

Walter said:
This plan of Griffith's may work in the short-term, providing a buffer between the immediate threat of the apostles eating his subjects, but in the end, I wonder if Griffith, even with his innate influence, will be able to hold that tenuous line. Surely at least a few will tear that veil aside and do as they please. And what would happen to the humans' allegiance to these monsters then?

Ultimately, I foresee the apostles splitting into factions, possibly between those loyal to Griffith's will and those who would rather have the opportunity to give in to their nature.

I think there will be a different outcome to this situation. Griffith will have shown, by defeating Ganishka, that no Apostle can stand in his way. Ganishka, right now, is more powerful than any Apostle, yet I am pretty sure Griffith will defeat him. This should send a powerful message to any Apostles remaining that think they can defy Griffith's will. I think that this is an important development, in one hand Griffith will demonstrate he is the savior of mankind and on the other hand, he will show that no Apostle can hope to rebel and win against him. This should work to keep any future Apostle in line and stop the development of any future rebellious factions, as you suggest.

I think Griffith is indeed keeping the Apostles' nature at bay at present, but that is not to say he will keep that demonic nature at bay forever.

I think Falconia, Griffith's kingdom, will be a glorious kingdom where Apostles and human co exist. On the surface, as others have speculated, everything will seem peaceful, glorious, like no time that ever come before. In trying to keep in line with what we know, there will be no politics, little crime but all of it will be an illusion. The glorious reign will be only glorious on the surface, humans will be sacrificed to appease the demons/Apostles, this will keep them in line on the surface. Politics will not exist because Griffith's will is absolute,  no Apostle would dare step out of line, especially if they are rewarded with a few humans to munch on, just not publicly, not immediately obvious. Humans, who do have a tendency to not always conform, will be swayed by the peace and prosperity Griffith has brought. They will be blinded in awe and wonder, those who aren't swayed will be taken care off, disposed and fed to the Apostles, this would ensure that politics would be killed off as there would be no human that would question Griffith.

I imagine there would be an undercurrent of human suffering and misery but nobody would notice or care because it was not obvious, not going on on the surface. Nobody would miss the beggars on the street, the sick and the lame, the orphaned children, woman of the night, the convicted, the rebels, the troublemakers.

Falconia will be a great sprawling city, the building and development of which will ascend Griffith to even higher places in people's hearts. The great ender of war, the great builder, as some have mentioned.

Just my thoughts. =)

V

vanheat

But wouldn't Griffith be well aware of that, that the apostles will not hold out forever. Would the apostles be willing to eat trolls. Maybe Griffith can then shift the Apostles' attention from Ganishka to what happens next. So if the logic of this world is ending could that mean multiple layers are going to merge. Which means more Qliphoth's and trolls and such. Definitely be dark.

Plus how many apostles would there even be after this conflict. I'm sure Griffith and his lieutenants could quickly put down and take out those who don't obey. The only way for their to be a split would be if Zodd or Grunbeld etc. were to lead the other party or if a lot of apostles decide to kill humans at the same time.

If there are apostle groups that split and cause problems wouldn't Griffith and his loyal apostles and humans fight those dissenters. For I would assume Griffith wants to keep humans around seeing as how he has gone to such lengths for Charlotte and the Pope and his people. Unless he just wants them for livestock and such.

I like Dani's thoughts but that sounds a lot like the first couple of volumes.

Dani

Smile!
vanheat said:
I like Dani's thoughts but that sounds a lot like the first couple of volumes.

It does? Maybe I didn't do a good enough job of explaining myself.

The Falconia in my head is different from the scenes shown in the first couple of volumes. The first couple of volumes show desolation, bleak existence and it's clear politics is still present. We also see human appeasing an Apostle. In my head, I see Falconia, on the surface, being the complete opposite, full of hope, merriment, jubilance. Griffith being the major governing influence of people lives and the people themselves more than happy at this because of the perceived benefits.

Monsters, once the beings of fear and nightmares are now guardians of peace and prosperity. No longer are they confined to nightmares and shadows but are present on the streets, in the grand light, in this beautiful sprawling city. Through Griffith's leadership, the "monsters" fought to end the bleak times (the misery and suffering seen throughout after the eclipse when Apostles were rampant by themselves) alongside the humans. They are no longer feared, but respected, accepted and are seen as one of the many accomplishments of Griffith's reign. Of course, this is on the surface, the real, ongoing suffering and misery would be widespread, continuous and forever ongoing, but just a layer out of sight, just behind people's perceptions. Everyone would be happy but blissfully unaware of the darkness that has fully enveloped ever facet of society. Griffith would be praised by everyone, whether they by human, demon, monster or Apostle. The great Age of Darkness would be known to everyone under the great illusion of the Age of Light, the Light of the Falcon.

Funny, I can imagine Guts and company, returning from Elfhelm, maybe many years afterward to find all of this. Guts and company, not blinded by the Light of the Falcon, seeing society and Falconia for what it really is, the great suffering to be set upon mankind. They would not be welcome, they would not be believed, they would find no allies. Griffith would seem untouchable, nobody would believe that he has instigated the greatest crime against the world because they would be blind to it all.

As you can now hopefully see, my idea of Falconia is very different to the first few volumes, but they do share some similar qualities.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Forgive the oncoming wall of quotes, but I see no other way to respond, since you little devils typed so much in a matter of hours, I can't paraphrase the material without it being chaotic (I even did two drafts of this in an effort to shorten it, but ended up lengthening it ...).

To start out, I'm really surprised there's been such outcry to my little theory. I don't think it's that outlandish, really. Simply put, Griffith is playing with fire by allying human-eating monsters with humans. It can't last forever. Do people really think it will? Anyway there's already a clear rift between the ... *ahem* ... "virtuous" apostles, who possess many qualities humans would admire, and those of the more rape-and-pillage variety. And soon, these baser creatures won't have a war to satiate their lusty appetite. What then? Have them share bunk beds with humans? An alliance built on the brotherhood built during a time of war? Seems quite tenuous. Moving on...

Griffith will have shown, by defeating Ganishka, that no Apostle can stand in his way. ... This should work to keep any future Apostle in line and stop the development of any future rebellious factions, as you suggest.
That's true, but Ganishka has always been the only apostle shown to have any possibility of rebelling. There may very well be others, but we don't know of them, and nothing implies they exist within the CURRENT scenario. Later on, the circumstances will be different. Apostles have a war to focus on. But when their function has been used, why should they obey the rules? And truly, Griffith will have little reason to maintain the veil of friendship between the two beings. I don't even know if he'd have any incentive to strike down a rebellion should it occur AFTER he's gotten his kingdom.

In trying to keep in line with what we know, there will be no politics, ... Politics will not exist because Griffith's will is absolute,
Hahaha, no politics at all? That's a little absurd. There's politics in everything -- even in a scenario where apostles rule the human race. Griffith can't make every little decision in every little podunk province in the kingdom. I believe what Locus meant by his statement in ep 295 was that _human_ politics won't have any place in the coming age, specifically the countries aligning themselves outside Wyndham's borders that are mentioned in the episode as trying to be schemers. They won't be in any position to issue policy, and thus, control the politics of the country.

They will be blinded in awe and wonder, those who aren't swayed will be taken care off, disposed and fed to the Apostles, this would ensure that politics would be killed off as there would be no human that would question Griffith.
I don't think so. That's not really how Griffith has operated in the past. Remember how he dealt with Foss, for example. After forcing him to play a role in the assassination of the Queen, he gave Fossa choice, left it in his hands whether to betray Griffith or fall in line. It's a common thread with Griffith in many scenarios. Which leads me to believe his rule won't be absolute. People will always have an option, but they won't seek it out because this scenario has been arranged a millennia ago. He's already loved by all. Who would rebel? Oh yeah...! :guts:

vanheat said:
So if the logic of this world is ending could that mean multiple layers are going to merge. Which means more Qliphoth's and trolls and such. Definitely be dark.
We've been talking about that for about 6 years now. Thanks for tuning in to SKnet :void: (Also, the Qliphoth is a unique location, where nightmare creatures are born. Saying there will be more of them is like saying the Vortex of Souls will replicate. Or the Abyss will double or triple.)

Plus how many apostles would there even be after this conflict. I'm sure Griffith and his lieutenants could quickly put down and take out those who don't obey. The only way for their to be a split would be if Zodd or Grunbeld etc. were to lead the other party or if a lot of apostles decide to kill humans at the same time.
I'm not proposing they rebel now. But there's no telling what the circumstances will be even 20 episodes in the future. Many variables could present themselves. Rather, it's a surety variables will appear with the story's continued development. It seems naive to limit the specifics of a hypothetical rebellion within the available circumstances right now. It sounds a little absurd as I type it, but I'd actually really appreciate an apostle with an aptitude for scheming, beyond the brutishness of Ganishka.

If there are apostle groups that split and cause problems wouldn't Griffith and his loyal apostles and humans fight those dissenters. For I would assume Griffith wants to keep humans around seeing as how he has gone to such lengths for Charlotte and the Pope and his people. Unless he just wants them for livestock and such.
Truly, if humans began to be eaten because of rebel apostles, it's all within the flow of causality, and Griffith would just smile :griffnotevil:

V

vanheat

Walter said:
To start out, I'm really surprised there's been such outcry to my little theory. I don't think it's that outlandish, really. Simply put, Griffith is playing with fire by allying human-eating monsters with humans. It can't last forever. Do people really think it will? Anyway there's already a clear rift between the ... *ahem* ... "virtuous" apostles, who possess many qualities humans would admire, and those of the more rape-and-pillage variety. And soon, these baser creatures won't have a war to satiate their lusty appetite. What then? Have them share bunk beds with humans? An alliance built on the brotherhood built during a time of war? Seems quite tenuous. Moving on...
Your theory is not outlandish at all, but it has more to do with what Griffith will do with his Apostle army or how he will act hereafter. There is no question that the apostles and humans cannot coexist w/out friction or factions. But will Griffith really keep them around humans is the question. If so then your theory is my num #1 fav. But I guess they probably will stick around unless Griffith can (or wants to) send them troll hunting or force other kingdoms into submission. Apostles and humans will probably also not be able to fight together after this battle.
Walter said:
We've been talking about that for about 6 years now. Thanks for tuning in to SKnet :void: (Also, the Qliphoth is a unique location, where nightmare creatures are born. Saying there will be more of them is like saying the Vortex of Souls will replicate. Or the Abyss will double or triple.)
Yes, well 6 years ago I was in Elementary School. I said those three lines to show that the apostles beneath Griffith might or could have something to do afterwards especially for those who always need something to munch on.
Walter said:
I'm not proposing they rebel now. But there's no telling what the circumstances will be even 20 episodes in the future. Many variables could present themselves. Rather, it's a surety variables will appear with the story's continued development. It seems naive to limit the specifics of a hypothetical rebellion within the available circumstances right now. It sounds a little absurd as I type it, but I'd actually really appreciate an apostle with an aptitude for scheming, beyond the brutishness of Ganishka.
An apostle scheming against Griffith is like an apostle scheming against The IoE. If some apostles do scheme later on and start a riot then a whole lot of shit will go down and we will see how well Griffith can handle that situation. But I'm sure he will be able to pick up on the mood of his apostles and predict who will challenge his rule, assuming he cares, or wants to act.
Walter said:
Truly, if humans began to be eaten because of rebel apostles, it's all within the flow of causality, and Griffith would just smile :griffnotevil:
Probably.

I wonder if Griffith even knows what all will happen afterwards. If he does then I'm sure he knows what he wants to do unless he literally just flows with causality and what happens, happens. Also if the God Hand shows up then all sorts of stuff can happen.

Hard to speculate without even knowing what the world and circumstances will be after Ganishka is downed.

I think Wyald being one apostle who went against the tide was more than just a simple bit of foreboding on Miura's part. :carcus:

I can see the apostles splitting up into factions, and I can also see Griffith having a hard time maintaining his kingdom. Maybe the ruin of his empire will actually be an internal thing, rather than say Guts just going in there and destroying everything himself (which I just cannot see happening). :troll:

I also think the humans may have factions amongst themselves too, those who have had enough of being ruled by somebody who alliances himself with monsters?

With Griffith being alongside the shady types like Minister Foss (one we have known to gossip and fear Griffith) and Rakshas (one who actually wishes to kill Griffith), I can actually see him spreading fear upon his land, in order to keep peace and restoration.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Henry Spencer said:
I can see the apostles splitting up into factions, and I can also see Griffith having a hard time maintaining his kingdom. Maybe the ruin of his empire will actually be an internal thing, rather than say Guts just going in there and destroying everything himself (which I just cannot see happening). :troll:

...No..just no.

Henry Spencer said:
With Griffith being alongside the shady types like Minister Foss (one we have known to gossip and fear Griffith) and Rakshas (one who actually wishes to kill Griffith), I can actually see him spreading fear upon his land, in order to keep peace and restoration.

You make it seem like Griffith and Foss are hanging out together. I don't think Griffith gives a shit about Foss at all. And as for spreading fear across the land, I don't think Griffith will need Foss for that. I'm sure Griffith, the fifth of the Godhand reborn into the physical world, leading and army of apostles, can spread fear and death on his own, if thats what he wants to do. And you keep saying that Rakshas wants to kill Griffith. He is serving under him right now and all he said when he first met him was that someday he would collect his pretty head. Is it possible he was being less serious than you believe? Rakshas kill Griffith?

I'll eat these words if Rakshas kills Griffith in his Godlike apostle form.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
With Griffith being alongside the shady types like Minister Foss (one we have known to gossip and fear Griffith) ... I can actually see him spreading fear upon his land, in order to keep peace and restoration.
Oburi said:
And as for spreading fear across the land, I don't think Griffith will need Foss for that.
Man, I'm seriously LOLing here, guys. You really have it in for poor ex-Minister Foss! I can see it now .. MINISTER OF FEAR: FOSS-DONO, sending plagues to every rebel village! :schnoz:

Don't you realize he's reformed his old ways since more than 4 years ago? Since then he no longer schemes along with the nobles, only looks forward to when the Falcon will take power.  He's a new, better man. This is evidenced as far back as volume 17. But you guys are picking on him for things he did when Midland still had a king AND queen, for christsake! It's just because he's bald, isn't it?  :azan:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Oh oops. Walter I mistook what Mr. Spencer said at first. I didn't realize he was trying to say that Foss could be some kind of threat to Griffith or anything like that. Yea that's ridiculous, Walter is correct about Foss being a new man of sorts. LOL yea thats funny shit now that I think about it. Foss isn't the little scheming "shady type" anymore. lol. He is still bald though.

I feel Foss may still be harbouring the fear of Griffith. I feel that fear may overcome him in the future, and he may become a victim of his own fear, so's to speak. I don't have anything against the guy, at all.

Oburi said:
...No..just no.

I was only kidding about that, mate.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Henry Spencer said:
I feel Foss may still be harbouring the fear of Griffith. I feel that fear may overcome him in the future, and he may become a victim of his own fear, so's to speak.

Nah, he's learned his lesson and is fully vested in Griffith now. That's not to say that he may feel differently about Griffith one day (if he realizes what the Falcon truly is), but I think his scheming days are over.

S

smoke

I'm more interested in what Griff will actually do once he has his own kingdom. What's the first decree in the new land of Falconia going to be? How will EMPEROR GRIFFITH conduct business? The obvious assumption is that he'll be a cruel tyrant, given that he's going to usher in an "age of darkness".

He's always wanted to have this great governing power, but he's never said what he'd do with that power. Being a king seems to be the ends, not the means.

Maybe he'll get bored of it after a couple of weeks.

I'm more interested in what Griff will actually do once he has his own kingdom.

Me too, but I'm actually much more interested in how would Griffith feel, think, react, etc on the exact moment that he'll be crown as king. The moment when he realize that his dream has finally came true..

Top Bottom