Second-Favorite Berserk Character (2008 edition!)

Who is your favorite character these days in BERSERK (besides Guts)?

• Griffith

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Casca

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Schierke

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Serpico

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Farnese

• Isidro

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Puck

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Ivalera

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Roderick

• Magnifico

• Azan

• Ganishka

• Daiba

• Grunbeld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Irvine

• Locus

• Rakshas

• Silat

• Zodd

• Sonia

• The Beast of Darkness

• Total voters
X

Xem

If you ask me, which you didn't, we should have a run-off!

Anyone with 4 or more votes should go into a new poll so we can find out the true second favorite Berserk character is. Puck, Serpico, Griffith, Casca, or Skull Knight.

1cyberninja1

I voted for Zodd even if Guts was in the list I would still vote for Zodd lol :zodd:

I find Puck and Isdiro to be annoying in a lot of instances. I voted for Serpico because he is my favorite besides Guts. Skullknight would come in as a close third.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I had to change my vote, the Isidro hate is just disgusting.

Without him, Casca would be dead. He's a great addition to the party and is developing well as a swordsman. I imagine we'll see a lot more improvement from him in the future, as well as great character development.

Yea well until that actually happens, he is a bit annoying to me :isidro:. I don't know what it is about him but sometimes he can be a nuisance.

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
Missing Sonia?

I have a few current favorites:

Serpico - Would probably get my vote. I like the subtle transition he's undergoing from cold to caring (with regards to Guts specifically). I also like the analogy of him being buried under snow (the childhood episodes), and the shutting off of his emotions and forming a cold shell. He's smiling a lot more these days (crow's nest scene) and he seems more free, more in line with the "surrounded by wind" analogy. He has a pleasing design, artwise.

Schierke - To me she is the latest embodiment (paired with Guts) of an underlying theme in Berserk, which is the contrasting juxtaposition of innocent/naive/cute with grim/macabre/mature, and of course the overarching theme of light vs. dark. She is not just an "innocent", though, as Jill was in the Lost Children chapter. Her training and upbringing allows her a uniquely mature and experienced role, and lets her be an "equal" with Guts (confronting him, scolding him, sharing mind and body with him), which goes with Flora's telling her that their fates are tied.

Farnese - I think I'm going too deep with these. She's a complex character with a lot of depth and a lot to offer the group and the story.

Roderick - Didn't like him at first. Really growing on me. He's a charmer. The sea episodes really clinched it, but he'd already shown depth of character (watching out for Isidro) before then.

Isidro - He's a kid. And he's awesomely exemplary of that. The "annoyingness" is part of it?

Irvine - I really dig his apostle form. Unexpected but appropriate; to me that's a hallmark of good storytelling.

Sonia - Also an awesome kid and exemplary of that stage of life. She has a nice parallel with Schierke and the whole "cute within the macabre" theme. She's also talented and "mature" in her own way. And she's hard to predict, which I think makes for a great character.

Anyway, I'll choose Schierke instead of pushing Serpico into the lead.

[Edit] My overall favorite is Griffith, followed by Guts. But they're out of this vote for me.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Just to stir the pot: What about Void, Ubik, Conrad, and last but not least Slan... to be crude, blunt (possibly sexist) but those tittays definitely deserve a spot on the pole :ganishka:. Dirty euphemism for the win.

Oh and how bout counting the beast of darkness, he could be considered enough of an alter-ego to be counted on the pole right? I'd vote for him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Just to stir the pot: What about Void, Ubik, Conrad, and last but not least Slan... to be crude, blunt (possibly sexist) but those tittays definitely deserve a spot on the pole :ganishka:. Dirty euphemism for the win.

Bah, are they really needed? Who's going to vote for them? I'm waiting for someone to ask for Jill or Luca now... Besides, we decided to limit it to characters that have appeared more or less recently.

Guts' intestines said:
Oh and how bout counting the beast of darkness, he could be considered enough of an alter-ego to be counted on the pole right? I'd vote for him.

Alright...

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
Bah, are they really needed? Who's going to vote for them? I'm waiting for someone to ask for Jill or Luca now... Besides, we decided to limit it to characters that have appeared more or less recently.

Alright...

You and I both know Slan would definitely beat Grunbeld, Locus and possibly Sonia, hell maybe Roderick. Never underestimate the power of those puberty pillows, my friend :puck:.
Missed that recently comment, but I can understand this poll could explode easily to like 30+ characters, but I still think she'd get her fair share, Void too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shadow8 said:
Griffith or Serpico?

I choose Serpico, he is the third best swordman in Berserk.

Guts, Griffith and Serpico.
Zodd would decrapitate Serpy in a matter of seconds.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Shadow8 said:
Griffith or Serpico?

I choose Serpico, he is the third best swordman in Berserk.

Guts, Griffith and Serpico.

Hahaha, it's been a long time since Griffith's swordsmanship has had any relevancy. The last time it mattered was at the end of volume 8, and it wasn't especially complimentary.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Votes have been counted for just over a month now. I say we move this into the semi-finals by narrowing down the top 10, or 5 candidates. Any naysayers?

X

Xem

Walter said:
Votes have been counted for just over a month now. I say we move this into the semi-finals by narrowing down the top 10, or 5 candidates. Any naysayers?

I vote yes, and no voting out of sympathy for lack of votes, no pity for Berserk favorites imo! Yes I'm looking at you :sad: (not you Walter.. I think)

Walter said:

Sounds good. But if you're doing a top 10 with the current results my dear Sonia won't be Sk.net's next top model. :judo:

Damn you people and your Serpico fetishes!!! :puck:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Xans-Griffith said:
Schierke - To me she is the latest embodiment (paired with Guts) of an underlying theme in Berserk, which is the contrasting juxtaposition of innocent/naive/cute with grim/macabre/mature

Underlying theme?
Tell me more...

Top Bottom