Episode 300

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Wow, I wasn't expecting Irvine's apostle form to look anything like that, but I guess it makes sense after reviewing the quote Aazealh posted. Very cool. I can't wait to read this week's episode.

Well let's be honest: I don't think anyone can claim they really knew what it'd look like. In my case, I would never have guessed he'd have a canine body.

Anyway, who wants to bet he hides some small horns under his hat now? :guts: Hell, I still wonder if he doesn't hide inhuman ears that could provide him with a super-hearing of sorts to compensate for his blindness. Or maybe it's his sense of smell that does the trick?

Azaelian said:
I wonder if the crowd will discover that the voice in their heads was Sonia.

They will, assuming they don't already know it (at the end of episode 299 they're all turned toward her). She's going to lecture them, remember.

Azaelian said:
If they discover that Griffith has someone in his command with the ability to make people hear things, do you think that they'll infer that she also has the ability to make them dream certain things, thereby proving his prophecy as savior a fallacy and thus revealing him as the demon he really is?

I don't think so. Rather, Irvine's intervention to save her might very well prove her point to them and cast away their doubts about the apostles.

Badass monster design by Miura. it came completely out of left field, but it works, especially with the bow/horns thing going on.

My Japanese may be a bit off, but it looks like Irvine's saying "to be reckless" (mucha o suru) to Sonia. Maybe that's what the apostles are supposed to be doing right now instead of her. :zodd:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, that's a Hell of a one-eyed monster he's got there. :ganishka: :schierke:

Until I saw Sonia, I didn't think it was actually a shot from Berserk. I saw the closeup of his face and thought, "Werewolf!?" Very cool design, I agree with Grail that despite all the elements it looks very much together, though I wish it had some horns on the back he could hold like handlebars, since he already looks like he's driving a beast-mobile. =)

I wonder if this reveal wasn't intentionally saved as our episode 300 treat, but now I want more...More... MORE! :beast:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Griffith said:
Wow, until I saw Sonia I didn't think it was actually a shot from Berserk, I just saw the closeup of the head and thought, "Werewolf!?" Very cool design, though I wish it had some horns on the back he could hold like handlebars, since he already looks like he's driving a beast-mobile. :ganishka:
Funny enough I was thinking the same thing earlier this morning. It just didn't register as Berserk when I first saw it.

I wonder if this reveal wasn't intentionally saved as our episode 300 treat, but now I want more...More... MORE! :beast:
Man I should have just posted that. :judo:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I thought it was Devil Man for a second. :ganishka:

Maybe he can load up all sorts of things like a slingshot as Aaz suggested. Maybe he can take a whole tree and launch it!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
In my case, I would never have guessed he'd have a canine body.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. I didn't have any idea what he'd look like, other than figuring his apostle form would somehow incorporate the bow he carries, but was still surprised he ended up being so Beastly.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, who wants to bet he hides some small horns under his hat now? :guts: Hell, I still wonder if he doesn't hide inhuman ears that could provide him with a super-hearing of sorts to compensate for his blindness. Or maybe it's his sense of smell that does the trick?

It would make sense for him to have something to go off of rather than his sight. I'm curious to see him without his hat now.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I thought it was Devil Man for a second. :ganishka:

That's what I thought too! I think he looks cool, really cool design. And yeah Aaz, I thought of the creature from SotN as well. I'm very much looking forward to the episode. Thanks for the pics Aaz.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Maybe he's got fur on the parts that he usually covers, even in his human form. :zodd:

Yeah, he's got that leather coif, in addition to his hat, that covers most of his head. Maybe we'll get to see his human form a bit better after the battle, before he has a chance to suit up again.

At first glance i thought that was Griffith transforming to his god-head form. So i shouted "naniiii!!! oh my god, Miura-sensei what is this". and then after closer inspection i realized who it was. Wow i didnt expect that at all. Irvine's apostle is awesome, especially the profile of his face. Just waiting for the whole raw to see everything

Now i am going to shout this out: "Rakshas show us what you've got" :chomp: lol

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
venicia said:
At first glance i thought that was Griffith transforming to his god-head form.

I think you mean God Hand form. :void:

venicia said:
Now i am going to shout this out: "Rakshas show us what you've got" :chomp: lol

After this I'm eager to see what Rakshas looks like, as well. Let's just hope we see what he looks like under his mask and cloak first. (
Rakshas7.gif
*ku ku ku*)

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I'd be very happy if they just let Rakshas be and never revealed his apostle form. His mysteriousness has always been the thing about him keeps me so intrigued. Leave Rakshas alone!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
I'd be very happy if they just let Rakshas be and never revealed his apostle form. His mysteriousness has always been the thing about him keeps me so intrigued. Leave Rakshas alone!

Oh, we'll see it sooner or later, but probably not right now. Two big reveals in the same episode would almost be an overload. :void:

PS: And he's going to be reaaaaal ugly. :casca:

... it's official, Irvine is now my new favourite Hawk ever! :isidro: badass apostle is fucking badass!

and PFFFFF was it strange that all I could think of when I saw the preview was: 'awwww! he saved Sonia'? :/

First of all, Thank you Aaz for the scans.

Well.... Irvine has a very unexpected Aposte form (but we would be liars if we say we expected his form)

Now, what was Sonia doing in that mess ?? (I mean, so close of a mini-Ganishka)
Does some of those littles monsters have managed to break trought first Apostle defensive line? The answer is coming soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Wow, that's a Hell of a one-eyed monster he's got there. :ganishka: :schierke:

Well, after all, satyrs are known for their impressive sex drive. :carcus:

xela26 said:
Now, what was Sonia doing in that mess ?? (I mean, so close of a mini-Ganishka)
Does some of those littles monsters have managed to break trought first Apostle defensive line? The answer is coming soon.

After her speech to the people she went to the front, maybe to prove her point or to show that all should participate. That's why Irvine tells her she was reckless.

Rhombaad said:
Haha, thanks for adding that in, Aaz.

;)

Rhombaad said:
I think you mean God Hand form. :void:
Yeah lol that's what happens when you type very fast without reading the material. :serpico:

After this I'm eager to see what Rakshas looks like, as well. Let's just hope we see what he looks like under his mask and cloak first. (
Rakshas7.gif
*ku ku ku*)
That's a nice angle. Then that way I will be happy even without an apostle reveal for a long time. And like Aaz said the apostle form may be ugly nonetheless. :isidro:

When I think of Rakshas I always imagine his face to be Predator-ish like.
And I didn't quite like Irvine's Apostle form, but I guess I'll get used to it, I think he was pretty cool in is normal form.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
And i didn't quite like Irvine's Apostle form, but i guess i'll get used to it
How gracious of you :schierke:

Azaelian said:
If they discover that Griffith has someone in his command with the ability to make people hear things, do you think that they'll infer that she also has the ability to make them dream certain things, thereby proving his prophecy as savior a fallacy and thus revealing him as the demon he really is?
Well, no. For one the people aren't bright enough to realize that, I don't think. And second, the dream was real, it wasn't implanted by Sonia.

I really want to know how she got in a situation where she needed to be saved by Irvine, personally.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I think it's a pretty good idea for Irvine.

With those antlers in front of him it seems like he's going to use it for like a slingshot or a bow and arrow-type weapon. Perfect for long shots and aiming.

Irvine looks killer in his apostle form,
Miura gave him a little "Devilman" touch to his face,
combined with the "beast",i would even say that this is
surely one of my preferred apostle form,
he is magnificent there is no other words!. :beast:

I think Locus still has the most unconventional apostle form...I mean, he merges with his -horse-...who knows what happens to it when he's done.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
How gracious of you :schierke:

:ganishka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmDf6SnTVxg

1:07

Mage said:
I think Locus still has the most unconventional apostle form...I mean, he merges with his -horse-...who knows what happens to it when he's done.

I love Locus because he's totally Sci-fi and right out of Berserk 2099, but I still think I'd give the nod to Irvine in overall weirdness. We know of several Apostles that combine with their horses and armor to become centaurs, and still only one that combines with a bow to transform into a giant horned Beast dick with a vageyena on its face, while also possibly coming out of his own butt... now THAT'S unconventional! =)

I can understand people not liking it though, it's bizarre in a kind of striking fashion where it could actually rub you the wrong way, like just your gut reaction to it. I think that's pretty cool though, and I'll admit one thought from my initial reaction was, "Pfff, it reminds me of Serpico's Apostle form... oh wait." :serpico:

Top Bottom