Episode 300

Cool episode! Thanx scanbot.
I'm still curious about what the hell Irvine shot at the chibishka.
Seeing the midlanders actually joining the battle was unexpected, a little at least.
Makes you wonder about this Age of Darkness...

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Griffith said:
Very cool conclusion with the human forces somewhat seizing hold of their own destiny and fighting side by side with the Apostles. See, Griffith is bringing everyone together! =)

It's of good use. It'll probably make later events even more dramatic.

Even though they are fighting together for what at the moment seems to be the greater good, I don't think this means that from now on humans will accept (as in become best pals with) demons and vice versa. Even in Griffith's camp they seemed to be segregated.....

I'm wondering if humans could attack other apostles if they could rally without breaking in fear. Ganishka's human forces couldn't stop an army of apostles, but I'm wondering if its because he couldn't rally them and his soldiers were all confused how apostles could outperform them.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
DetriusXii said:
I'm wondering if humans could attack other apostles if they could rally without breaking in fear. Ganishka's human forces couldn't stop an army of apostles, but I'm wondering if its because he couldn't rally them and his soldiers were all confused how apostles could outperform them.

Well considering that they have the apostles with them to fight the chibishkas I don't think they could overwhelm the apostle army. I mean sure they could probably take down a few just be sheer number (like Aaz said a few times) but the entire apostles army? I'm not sure, not without a powerful magic user. Even in their human form the apostles are great fighters don't forget that... :zodd:

By the way thanks scanbot for the good quality pics.

My take on how Irvine is shooting is mysterious weapon : it's all about the tail! Like a whip that penetrate the skin and then release some kind of poisonous growing hair from inside. Or second guess: the eye on its head... Maybe we'll see him more in action in the next episode which will be some kind of late birthday present hehe.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
m said:
Even though they are fighting together for what at the moment seems to be the greater good, I don't think this means that from now on humans will accept (as in become best pals with) demons and vice versa. Even in Griffith's camp they seemed to be segregated.....
They're segregated in camps because otherwise there'd be more incidents with Apostles eating humans for a tasty snack. Anyway, I'd say humans and apostles both play a major role in the army. There's more to maintaining a successful land army than the brute, front line strength that the apostles can dish out.

DetriusXii said:
I'm wondering if humans could attack other apostles if they could rally without breaking in fear.
Sure, Guts has been doing it for years :guts:

Judging from the ending text translation, I'd put my easy money on a Ganishka-focused episode for 301.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Im hoping that the Apostles will start to get crushed and in a mad dash to win they form... VOLTRON! Defender of the world! :troll:

On a more serious note... I wonder who will be the first one to get smushed? :???:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
Well she's partial to him, no doubt about that. It doesn't detract from her powers though.

Anyway, looking at the other panels of Irvine, he unsurprisingly looks a lot less like the Beast of Darkness than at first glance. His snout reminds me a bit of an anteater actually... Still, weird creature but it's already growing on me. Very interesting mix of woodland beasts. Can't wait for his fight against... Serpico! :isidro: :guts:

That would be one hell of a fight, and they each share some characteristics. I just want to know if you know this for sure or are speculating this little match up, either way I think it'll happen too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I'm still curious about what the hell Irvine shot at the chibishka.

Same here. I'm leaning towards him using either his tail or his mouth at the moment. From the panels, it appears whatever was shot was large and then narrowed down before hitting, and that it was spinning... Arg, I want to know! :judo:

m said:

Well it doesn't matter as much as whether the apostles will refrain from eating them or not. :zodd:

DetriusXii said:

Well it's a bit of both. However, keep in mind those Ganishka spawns are like the Makara: slow and stupid. They're not apostles. Now, a well prepared group of humans could certainly kill a run of the mill apostle with cannons, arrows, good tactics and enough numbers, but a whole army of them? Probably not.

Guts' intestines said:
I just want to know if you know this for sure or are speculating this little match up, either way I think it'll happen too.

Hahaha be serious man, how could I possibly know this for sure? :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the first to get smashed beneath Gani's giant boots, it's the Kushan Army :carcus:

Seriously though, it's difficult to tell from recent episodes the direction Ganishka's swath of destruction is headed. But it seems logical it'd directly towards the Falcons, after the ending of 297. Again, I wonder if that scene where he sees Griffith's wings was occurring simultaneous to 298-300 or if it's somewhere in the near future.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
Regarding the first to get smashed beneath Gani's giant boots, it's the Kushan Army :carcus:

Sorry for not making myself more clearly Mr. Smartypants, but I meant out of the Apostles. :miura:

Also I wonder if Schierke will be able to fully see what is going on even if they are waaaay the fuck away from them (assuming that she sensed the stuff going down in the first place).

Guts intestines

Walter said:

Seriously though, it's difficult to tell from recent episodes the direction Ganishka's swath of destruction is headed. But it seems logical it'd directly towards the Falcons, after the ending of 297. Again, I wonder if that scene where he sees Griffith's wings was occurring simultaneous to 298-300 or if it's somewhere in the near future.

Yeah I definitely think he was seeing Griffith's wings in his mind, though I think he'll see them for real in possibly the very near future.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
You have a split personality Aaz who lives in France and Miura is your Japanese alter ego :ganishka:.

まさか?!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Sorry for not making myself more clearly Mr. Smartypants, but I meant out of the Apostles. :miura:

Personally I still don't think Ganishka's going to crush any apostle... Griffith will intervene before (or something will happen anyway).

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Also I wonder if Schierke will be able to fully see what is going on even if they are waaaay the fuck away from them (assuming that she sensed the stuff going down in the first place).

Schierke, Guts, Casca, Puck and the Beherit sensed it in episode 296 already.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Yeah I definitely think he was seeing Griffith's wings in his mind, though I think he'll see them for real in possibly the very near future.
Well, my question was, is that moment already occurring or is it yet to occur.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Yeah, it seems we'd mostly nailed it with our speculations. Still, I wonder what the projectile is and how it is shot. Miura's such a tease!

Seriously. He reveals Irvine's apostle form but keeps the identity of the projectile and how it's launched a secret. :guts:

Walter said:

There's no way to know for sure just yet, but I believe it's already occurring. We already know Ganishka can see Griffith's astral body, so I'm guessing only he can see the wings right now. As for whether or not they'll materialize in the physical world, we'll just have to wait and see.

Guts intestines

Walter said:

Oh you meant whether or not he was seeing this now or will it happen later, gotcha. I think he's seeing it now and I think he's trying to walk towards the visualization of the Hawk in his mind (Griffs astral form in reality), all the while trampling his soldiers in his wake.

Aazealh said:
まさか?!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that means, "what the fuck?".

Rhombaad said:
Seriously. He reveals Irvine's apostle form but keeps the identity of the projectile and how it's launched a secret. :guts:

My money is either on spit or hair. His lower body might spit out a kind of projectile or it's the hair's of his tail. I'd lean more towards the spitting projectiles though.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
Schierke, Guts, Casca, Puck and the Beherit sensed it in episode 296 already.
I thought they did but to be more specific, I wonder if she will be able to see it in great detail. With that amount of demonic/magical/wizard did it power going on, I would assume she could give the low down to everyone on exactly what the fuck is going on.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I thought they did but to be more specific, I wonder if she will be able to see it in great detail. With that amount of demonic/magical/wizard did it power going on, I would assume she could give the low down to everyone on exactly what the fuck is going on.

On exactly whats going on? I doubt it. She is probably unaware of what Ganishka did or how or even "who" caused the disturbance in the first place. Imo Schierke could probably point out the same thing Sonia did when Ganishka first emerged. Though likely a bit more in depth, probably with more emphasis on what is changing in the world and what effects it may have. Or is that what you meant by "exactly what the fuck is going on."?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ramen4ever said:
On exactly whats going on? I doubt it. She is probably unaware of what Ganishka did or how or even "who" caused the disturbance in the first place. Imo Schierke could probably point out the same thing Sonia did when Ganishka first emerged. Though likely a bit more in depth, probably with more emphasis on what is changing in the world and what effects it may have. Or is that what you meant by "exactly what the fuck is going on."?

I agree. I doubt she'd be able to discern the particulars, but I imagine she'd be able to sense the change in the "laws" of the world.

Humans accepting apostles as allies?

GUTS VS THE WORLD

...Come to think of it, that probably IS the point Miura is trying to hint at.

And now for the customary quote which appears in almost every topic recently: "poor Guts".

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Ramen4ever said:
My money is either on spit or hair. His lower body might spit out a kind of projectile or it's the hair's of his tail. I'd lean more towards the spitting projectiles though.

I tell ya, It's the tail , the tail man! with poisonous growing hair! hihi

Thanks for the episode,the recklessness of the human soldiers is almost moving...even in the midst of this chaos they still think they can make a difference thanks to their light Griffith,it kinda remind me of the way Farnese was looking at Guts during the rebirth of Griffith. Great episode!

Top Bottom