Call of Duty World at War

As anyone played this yet?

I have already beaten it (i'm such a nerd) and it's awesome.
The soundtrack is incredible, and the fast paced action sucks you into the game.
Great work by Activision.

There's also a surprise for those who finish the game
NAZI ZOMBIESSS! Yeah, reminded me of that zombie flick "Night of the Living Dead"

lol

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
fuxberg said:
The setting dwd, trying to fend off zombies that try to get in to your house.
Did you even see the movie?
So.. Why does it suck?

Because it's nowhere near as good as CoD 4 or 2 (the best CoD in a WWII setting).

Omg you blew my mind away with that argument.

And the new CoD is being acclaimed by the critics as surpassing its predecessors. So i guess it makes it better than CoD2.

I love the Pvt. Petrenko's campaign with the Soviets. It's so fucking awesome. I mean when you hear the commissar saying "The motherland needs your final sacrifice!" or Reznov saying all kinds of crazy shit. Coolest FPS i've played in the last couple of months.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
fuxberg said:
Omg you blew my mind away with that argument.

And the new CoD is being acclaimed by the critics as surpassing its predecessors. So i guess it makes it better than CoD2.

I love the Pvt. Petrenko's campaign with the Soviets. It's so fucking awesome. I mean when you hear the commissar saying "The motherland needs your final sacrifice!" or Reznov saying all kinds of crazy shit. Coolest FPS i've played in the last couple of months.

I've heard that COD WaW is the 2nd best to COD 4, and since I'm broke after recently buying Resistance 2 I think that'll I pick up COD 4 since I know people still play it online.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
fuxberg said:

Wtf? I have seen all major game review sites and NOT EVEN ONE says it's better than 4! Who are you trying to bullshit?
I've played CoD 2 in leagues and it was the most played CoD game online until the release of CoD 4, and even then, they made a mod to make 4 play like 2 online.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Носферату said:
4 blows hard, all it is is instant doom showers of "Frag x3" right into your spawn and magic inta-gib bullets fired from M16s from across the map flying through a wall hitting you in the face, get WaW, don't play into the M16s trap. lol

I could go either way, but I've seen COD 4 for ten bucks cheaper so what can I say?

Alrighty. So I picked up this game because a friend of mine gave me a $50 gift card to Best Buy (I had just beat Left 4 Dead and Gears 2 and was aching for something else to sink my teeth into). Against hearing very mediocre things about this game, I used the gift card to get it.
I don't know why people were so 'Meh' about it.
Yes, familiar settings and guns. I played half of this game on hard and holy shit. I found myself loving this game. It's not CoD4, but that's not say you won't have a hella good time mowing through this game.

But, the real reason I got it was for the mini game: Nazi Zombies. THAT, I don't care what anyone says, is fun as hell. I've only made it to level 9 or 10, it's so much fun and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I tried going to bed twice last night...TWICE, only to get up and play more NZ!

Jesus. Is anyone from SK enjoying this as much as I am?!

P.S. Zombies + Video games = Happy Proj :guts:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I agree with Nightcrawler. CoD 2 and Cod 4 were the best games in the series. The multiplayer in both games was the best online FPS experience I've ever had. Better than halo. The new CoD sucks in comparison. It may be an ok game on it's own but CoD 4 set such a high bar that WaW just didn't even reach nevermind surpass. Its the same with CoD3, it just couldn't match the greatness that was CoD2. And yea I haven't read any reviews that didn't state CoD2 and Cod4 were the best. There may be one on the back of the case for world at war but I mean come on, if you've played all the games then it's clear which ones are incredible, and which ones suck in comparison.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Носферату said:
I just know 4 was the absolute worst in my opinion, 2 was okay, 3 was another one I liked, and WaW is soooo much better after playing 4 for a while.
That's weird, since all everybody plays on XBL is CoD4. It's also one of the more popular games on Steam.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Носферату said:
I just know 4 was the absolute worst in my opinion, 2 was okay, 3 was another one I liked, and WaW is soooo much better after playing 4 for a while.

I accept your own opinion but I have no idea how you can prefer 3 over 2 and 4. Your just going to have to accept that your different and that your opinion on any game is now worthless...at least to me.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I uninstalled the game at the second russian campaign. It was just too much, hearing those russian accents scream "burn de germans as they flee" and crap like that, it's really an awful game I just didn't have the stomach to play on as a barbarian russian invader of Germany. The american part was really good and game mechanics are generally an improved version of cod4, but it gets too old too fast so I just got back at my RTARD profile (P90,3xstun, double tap) on Cod4, trying to forget the horror of slaying germans.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Yes I agree I am quite harsh but I think the developers overdid it a bit with the whole ww2 thing, it's not that I favor anything but they never made a german campaign and they keep forcing this issue with annihilating "hte fiends" that I really don't like.
There's a heavy point on cod4 multiplayer tough, and many servers use mods that don't allow grenade launchers or 3 frags for the very reasons you mentioned, it ruins an otherwise well made game. People, I mean kids, have actual skill playing with all sorts of weaponry and I also get frustrated at times getting slaughtered like a piggy but overall you can find servers with a "normal" crew where a p90 is considered rahter lame, no gl and no3xfrags and most of all, people that actually play that game 4-5 hours tops per week.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I bought this so I could play it online with a friend. He's played CoD 4 extensively, whereas this is my very first CoD game. I died constantly for about a day, with kill:death ratios of something like 5:30. Tragic shit. Then I caught onto the nature of the gameplay, and now I often lead the server :daiba:

It's definitely a fucking TWITCH fps. In fact, it's probably the twitchiest FPS I've ever played for an extensive period. It's quite stressful, always checking your surroundings as you run forward when there's no cover, your head darting side to side like you're on fucking speed. But it's worth it all when you get a 7-10 kill streak and ruin someone else's day by UNLEASHING THE HOUNDS.

SK3LL

Vengeance!
I played the cut version of the game and really liked it. I've beaten it 3 times. I really like the location change to Japan, nice not to play Market Garden once again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SK3LL said:
I played the cut version of the game and really liked it. I've beaten it 3 times. I really like the location change to Japan, nice not to play Market Garden once again.
Hahaha, you're playing single player, not online? :ganishka:

SK3LL

Vengeance!
Walter said:
Hahaha, you're playing single player, not online? :ganishka:
Nope, I'm fed up with FPS online. The only games I play online are Metal Gear Online and Street Fighter IV sometimes. I prefere to play for myself, so I can really dive into the games world you know. :slan:

Top Bottom