Walter

Administrator
Staff member
There's a feature I just enabled that places the newest posts in a thread on top of the older posts. This makes it easier since you don't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a page to view the newest post, which has been a huge pain in my opinion...

However, this raises another issue: If you were tyring to follow a debate chronologically in the order they were recieved you'd be scrolling up... Is this ok? Or too awkward/redundant?

Either way, I can change it back to normal within a matter of seconds, so it's not a big deal if you guys don't like this. Please post your opinions!!

eh, my personal opinion, but i think the new above the old is a bit disorienting, for lack of a better word. and the main problem would be during those long chats we have. i think itd only confuse people (especially myself).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ranemaka13 said:
eh, my personal opinion, but i think the new above the old is a bit disorienting, for lack of a better word. and the main problem would be during those long chats we have. i think itd only confuse people (especially myself).
Im already thoroughly confused by it, but that doesn't mean I don't think its a change for the good. I think we just need some time to get used to it. I'll keep it for a few days and see what the general response is to it. :(

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
I must say that I was disoriented at first with the new setup but I can adapt, its not bad enough to really make me get super pissed off, so I say try to learn to love your new YaBB.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I have to agree that it sucks, I liked it until I realized that I had in fact read this thread backwards. Yeah, and I already knew about the down to up thing, but old habits die hard. I also don’t see any point in adopting a system nobody else uses or will recognize. If I knew about it but still managed to fuck up, what’s a new member going make of this? It’s cute, and maybe it’s more efficient, but it’s just not very accessible.

-Griffith

P.S. BTW, I realized I read it backwards only about a half hour later, thanks. ;)

puella

Berserk forever
Needless to say you've done good job, Wally
but not just one thing I think.
I like system of the old forum,new posts after old ones, chronological order.
I have hard time figuring out what's going on every thread. and I bet it will be always the same with this new board sytem.

** and where're my blue and green emoticon?
I need blue face this time ::)

Top Bottom