Episode 301

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
creampuff_war said:
Seriously though, we got some perspective from Daiba, what about (Zodd)?
We've only learned Zodd's opinion on things a handful of times in the series, I don't see why he'd interject his personal feelings here, in the middle of a bloody battle.

creampuff_war

haven't you already paid enough for your life?
Walter said:
We've only learned Zodd's opinion on things a handful of times in the series, I don't see why he'd interject his personal feelings here, in the middle of a bloody battle.

the episode struck me as a pivotal moment in the storyline and I think Zodd has had enough of a role to warrent a personal injection. His case should be just as strong as Sonia or anyon else present at the battle (granted, Sonia's page-time is directly related with getting humans to help apostles and vice versa, which is a huge deal). However, Zodd is, I believe, the most famous and notorious apostle in the entire saga, and his presence at such cataclysmic battle should mean more than just some random monster we find lurking in the background.

Admittedly, I agree with you that it might have seen a bit out of place actually...but, I can't help imagining a few panels ala what the Pontiff got, of Zodd taking a split second (or even when he's mauling Ganisha-spawns) and observing the battlefield, his paws clutched around ripped off tentickle appendages, and finding out what he thinks we he sees fellow apostles carrying off wounded humans.

Zodd's personal feelings like now are probably something along the lines of "Yes!" or "Fun!" or "I haven't had this much fun in a thousand years!" or somesuch. :chomp:

Seriously. Right now he has enough blood and battle to possibly satiate even him, and that's something he's known to be constantly yearning for.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
creampuff_war said:
if apostles aren't going to be regarded as monsters, and they, in turn, don't view humans as tasty morsels...well, Guts just lost that angle to rally people to his cause.

I don't think he really cares about rallying people to his cause. :beast:

creampuff_war said:
Seriously though, we got some perspective from Daiba, what about the Nosferatu?

As it's been pointed out, Zodd is fighting right now. Daiba can comment leisurely because he's just sitting on his ass above the battleground, but right now isn't the best time to comment for those that are on the front line. They'll always have time to think about it afterwards anyway.

Daiba's been lucky to have escaped the flying apostles' attention by the way, I think he'd better be careful if he wants to stay in one piece. :zodd:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the episode, Scanbot!

Walter said:
Glad to see he made it out alive.

Same.  Although, like Aaz said, he should keep an eye out for flying apostles. :void:

Aazealh said:
And on YET another one, check out the apostle on the left of page 17. Does he remind you of anything? Guts bit his hand during the Occultation ceremony (beginning of volume 13) while he was strangling him. :zodd:

I noticed that, too.  I happened to be flipping through Vol. 13 the other night and that panel caught my eye.  I've noticed several other apostles during this battle that we saw at the Eclipse, as well. It's pretty cool that Miura constantly goes back to old characters, human and apostle, instead of just drawing new ones.  However, I do enjoy the new ones we're seeing, like the mammoth apostle you mentioned. :guts:

Daijyashin said:
At this rate I think that the utopia is well set.

It certainly seems that way.  It'll be interesting to see if this relationship changes between the time Griffith establishes his kingdom and when Guts and his crew get back from Elfhelm.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, mind blowing stuff and obviously an incredible episode, even Daiba showed up as a bonus. I think the most affecting thing for me is when the Apostles are shocked by the humans rushing in to help them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
It's pretty cool that Miura constantly goes back to old characters, human and apostle, instead of just drawing new ones. However, I do enjoy the new ones we're seeing, like the mammoth apostle you mentioned.

Yup, regardless of how cool the new guys are, I also thoroughly enjoy those cameos from the old timers. :guts:

Griffith said:
I think the most affecting thing for me is when the Apostles are shocked by the humans rushing in to help them.

Apostle-moved.jpg

"You guys are the best friends I've ever had!!" :judo:

Man this is all so strange... amazing but strange... still having a hard time coming to terms with Irvine's transformation... the reverse centaur works for me in one piece though... if he pulled the bow with his tail and has his head down in the front it would have been easier to digest... at the risk of sounding perverted, it looks like his has a giant wolf penis...

:beast: :carcus:

:isidro:

Thanks for the scan, seeing the apostle and human helping each other at this extend is mind blowing, is that Griff's influence or are they really bonding ?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Psymont 2.0 said:
still having a hard time coming to terms with Irvine's transformation... (...) at the risk of sounding perverted, it looks like he has a giant wolf penis...

I'm pretty sure he does have a giant wolf penis...

Oh, I see what you mean.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
This is a great episode because it shows whats possible when humans and apostles team up to fight a common foe. I like to call this, Independence Day Syndrome, AHHH HELL NAW. :troll:

Anyways, its interesting seeing everyone in this thread acting in the same way. I am excited to see everyone starting freaking out in anger when Griffith and Co. pull a 180 and after Ganishka is done, turn on them and start eating away. I don't think it will happen RIGHT after the fight but it will eventually. Oh god its going to be awesome. :ganishka:

I'm sort of blown away. Miura has gone into great detail to scrutinize the struggles of Guts against Griffith and these apostles, but now, Guts and company are so far removed the story line, and his despite his strengths, though they are vast, mean nothing in light of the scale of the war that is taking place, now. Is this the point?

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Walter said:
And wow, about Miura owning a 360 (presumably). Man, somebody needs to add him to their friends list. Id like to see what he's playing :miura:

Dunno if it was posted:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/11/kentaro-miura-quits-berserk-to-play-idol-master/

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Dunno if it was posted:

If you mean Miura's comment, then yes it was posted on page 1 of this thread, along with an explanation that is closer to what Miura actually said rather than this sensationalistic and misinformed/misinforming article you just posted.

It's not the first time Miura buys a video game console, and he's not taking a break just to play it. That much should be obvious to anyone who's been following Berserk's publication for more than 3 months.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Aazealh said:
If you mean Miura's comment, then yes it was posted on page 1 of this thread, along with an explanation that is closer to what Miura actually said rather than this sensationalistic and misinformed/misinforming article you just posted.

First link on my google search :miura:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
First link on my google search :miura:

Yeah, our SEO's not the best (i.e. we never cared). Reading the thread would have been enough though. It's 5 posts down the one you quoted...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Moving on...

Psymont 2.0 said:
Man this is all so strange... amazing but strange... still having a hard time coming to terms with Irvine's transformation... the reverse centaur works for me in one piece though... if he pulled the bow with his tail and has his head down in the front it would have been easier to digest... at the risk of sounding perverted, it looks like his has a giant wolf penis...

I'd be worried if you didn't have a hard time with it. Or with anything in a new episode, for that matter. Remember how you reacted when Guts first donned the Berserk's armor?

psymont said:
ooh ooh, wouldnt it be cool if serpico, isidro and Farnese also got skull armor? then when they get into a fight, SK can appear and they can all activate their magical armor ....

sk - "silver skull armor go!"
guts - "black skull armor go!"
serpico -"green skull armor go!"
isidro -"red skull armor go!"
Farnese -"pink skull armor go!"

griffith - "Ahhh, make my monster grow!"

then the SK gang can hop into a really big mech and fight an enlarged grunbeld!

Some things never change.

As for your idea of "pulling the bow with his tail and having his head down in the front", I can't even picture how it would work in my mind. Sounds grotesque.

Ah, and you guys are so perverted... :judo: When I see Irvine and Sonia, I can't help but think of...

BelleSebastien.jpg

:void:

FRS said:
seeing the apostle and human helping each other at this extend is mind blowing, is that Griff's influence or are they really bonding ?

I think, as evidenced by pages 20 and 21 of this episode, and by the fact they didn't seem very prone to fraternizing before Sonia intervened, that Griffith's influence plays a major part in what we're seeing here. It's just the same than with the Kushans. Remember how Jaris told Silat that those who follow the Falcon could feel that he was leading them on to something never seen before? A new world, beyond the principles of the human world? Well we've just seen it move one step up in intensity. Now it's not only people from different countries and religions, but men and monsters that are openly working together for Griffith.

I'm sure the soldiers suspected the true nature of the Demon Soldiers all along, and that made it easier for them to accept it when they made their coming out, but still... It couldn't be without Griffith. That being said, you make a good point: are they going to develop a real comradery that will go beyond Griffith's influence? Will we see human soldiers playing dice with apostles, the first drinking beer and the second eating raw meat? To quote Einstein: "Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell." Yeah, so it's from Red Alert, but it still counts, damn you!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Anyways, its interesting seeing everyone in this thread acting in the same way.

JOIN THE HIVE. :SK:

deathbybears said:
I'm sort of blown away. Miura has gone into great detail to scrutinize the struggles of Guts against Griffith and these apostles, but now, Guts and company are so far removed the story line, and his despite his strengths, though they are vast, mean nothing in light of the scale of the war that is taking place, now. Is this the point?

I think so, yes. The world is moving on, but without Guts (and his friends). Maybe he's the one that will be an aberration one day, like in I Am Legend.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
I think so, yes. The world is moving on, but without Guts (and his friends). Maybe he's the one that will be an aberration one day, like in I Am Legend.

Yeah, I was thinking of replying to Saiya's post that maybe there isn't going to be a 180 by Griffith and company, that everyone will actually be happy and Guts will be the villain trying to ruin it. :ganishka:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Pretty awesome turn of events in this episode. I wonder if this will bring a more humanly side to the apostles in future episodes? Maybe they won't be as gungho about killing people unless they're sacrifices?

Aazealh said:
Moving on...

I'd be worried if you didn't have a hard time with it. Or with anything in a new episode, for that matter. Remember how you reacted when Guts first donned the Berserk's armor?

Some things never change.

As for your idea of "pulling the bow with his tail and having his head down in the front", I can't even picture how it would work in my mind. Sounds grotesque.

how delightfully retro of you...
for the record, i reserve the right to have a problem with a berserk concept once every five years...
as far as the tail thing goes; its not that complicated... remove the irvine torso from the back of the beast, put his face somewhere on the front of the beast and have the tail reach upto the bow and fire away...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Griffith said:
Yeah, I was thinking of replying to Saiya's post that maybe there isn't going to be a 180 by Griffith and company, that everyone will actually be happy and Guts will be the villain trying to ruin it. :ganishka:
That would be a total mind fuck. :???:

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
Thank you very much for the episode.
All together against the evil Ganishka... And I see love between them.
This vision would hurt guts very much... too much. Also the apostles loved by the people... terrible.
I love the mammoth. :guts:

Top Bottom