Episode 301

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Deci said:
Ah, true. Though it's not a new concept for ethereal beings to directly impacting the material.

Exactly.

Deci said:
Saying things that happen on the ethereal level directly impact things on the material level isn't exactly the same as saying Griffith will take on the form of the Hawk of Light on the material level. I agree that it's present during the current fight with Ganishka, but I'm totally on the fence as to whether or not anyone aside from Ganishka can even see it. I'd say that the apostles and Sonia would have a good chance too, if anyone. As I stated in the other thread, it would definitely be interesting if everyone could, it could even serve as a "middle ground" for the pro-transform and anti-transform camps.

That way everyone would be happy. :griffnotevil:

Wouldn't make me happy, I'm not in any camp where I "feel" anything about it other than it's possible, likely, or not based on the story. Really, anything like that could happen with Griffith and it wouldn't be out there with the foundation Miura has laid.

Deci said:
This doesn't seem like a fair comparison to me, the Trolls re-emerging isn't the same thing as the HoL becoming a material being. Is it?

Trolls are just part of a broader example, the worlds are merging and Griffith's at the epicenter of that, meaning that there might be no difference between him transforming in the astral or physical world, and making such distinctions arbitrary and silly. The story has been focusing on this going on 10 volumes, that's why it was odd you wouldn't think of it that way.

Deci said:
Yeah I suppose I could've worded it better. It just seems silly to me, which I figure is the whole purpose of the comic in the first place, it shouldn't be taken seriously. Sadly, some people seem to.

Don't be so hard on yourself. =)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
deathbybears said:
Forgive my pessimism, but does anyone else feel like Miura might just be caring less about Berserk these days?

I don't think he is caring less. I would say more, since the story has reached a very important event in Griffith's goal. Belive me, you'll be blown away once 302 comes by.

deathbybears said:
Forgive my pessimism, but does anyone else feel like Miura might just be caring less about Berserk these days?
What exactly are you basing your pessimistic feeling on because no one's heard from Miura in a few months. :schnoz:

Maybe you have some kind of mental connection to the great creator that we aren't privy to? Please share it if so! :ganishka:

I think he is most probably taking a long break because there's a lot of ground to cover in the future.

I know many people here follow Berserk very closely and many here must be bored after such a long break but keep in mind for the great creator its more than a hobby and actually it takes his whole life to bring to us. So do please let's cut the guy a break and stop it with these rumors and things!!!!

This is Just my thoughts... so no offense needed.

No offense taken- Over the last year I've just noticed a gradual increase in time between episodes. I understand that it takes time to develop a decent comic, but given the increase in time noticed between episodes, I can't help but feel that he must just have other interests. And yeah, I know, he's allowed a life, too. I'm just saying, I hope that he doesn't rush through anything Berserk oriented because he's losing interest.

I can understand your point so far as that as a fan I do of course hope that he's not lost interest, BUUUUT it's not something I dwell on because in my heart I know it's not the case. Do I have proof? no of course not but I think that after 20+ years that he's been drawing Guts he would have quit by now had he not had the heart to finish it. And really the gradual incline in the story arc in recent episodes hints only more so that he really does care about the series. Otherwise he'd be as you say rushing through it very quickly.

I wouldn't worry so much if I were you. He'll be back and the series will continue. Just keep your chin up and ponder all the great events that are about to unfold!!! :casca:

I don't think he should rush it at all. I love his art work and its awesome to see how he's improved slowly volume after volume, he is an amazing artist. Honestly though if he really is getting tired of it, maybe he could hire some other artists to do the grunt work of the drawing, stick to maybe doing a panel here or there if he feels like it and just concentrate on story line, maybe get the release dates back to bi monthly or at least once a month. That way he could continue at a steady pace and still enjoy his life, he sure has earned it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
In the meantime, feel free to click the banner in my sig and to fill the void at the Vagabond Inn! :void:

Top Bottom