Shin Megami Tensei MMO: Imagine

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=WIKI]
Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine (真・女神転生IMAGINE, Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine?), formerly Megami Tensei Online Imagine (女神転生ONLINE IMAGINE, Megami Tensei Online Imagine?), is a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game based in the Megami Tensei universe. It features demon summoning and other gameplay features from the previous games. The game requires no subscription fee but charges for specific in-game items which are sold for real currency. On September 9th it was announced that Aeria Games & Entertainment had licensed the game for North American and European Release.[1] Closed beta invitation requests are being accepted by Aeria games. Beta invitations were first sent out on December 1, 2008, and the closed beta began the same day.

Plot
The game is set in Japan and is essentially between Shin Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei 2. In the game, Tokyo was destroyed in 202X and the survivors began construction of a massive tower, Shinjuku Babel. In this post-apocalyptic world, demonic forces run rampant and it is the player's job to defeat them.

Players are given the option to be in one of three groups: Law, who try to preserve the system and bring it back together; Chaos, who try to break the system; or Neutral, freelance mercenary types.
[/quote]

This is one of the biggest "free" MMOs launching this year. But I honestly don't have much interest in it.

I'm only really posting this because I was selected to play in the closed beta. I downloaded the trial about a week ago, played it for 2 hours, got bored and uninstalled it. But I was one of THE CHOSEN ONES. I hope they know I'll only be playing for a max of 10 hours. But now, I feel obligated to play this... It's pretty huge in Japan, so Im wondering if there's more here than mets the eye, because honestly, it felt very clunky to me and seemed quite boring -- even for an MMO.

Anyone else playing? Care to help me along? I suck at these games.

I actually tried this game out and it is no different than the rest of the grind forever free mmos out there. The only difference is the style. So if you don't like the other free mmos out there your probably not gonna like this one either.

Top Bottom