Playstation Home

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
*Rant warning*

Okay, yesterday it finally became open for all to beta test (stupidly requiring even those of us who already had the beta to have to redownload all of the areas) and the problems that I noticed while first testing it only seemed to be amplified. First off its a nice concept but it is boring, the arcade games are lame and only one person can be at a machine at a time so you have to wait your turn, bowling is only fun for a little while same for pool. I was lucky enough that because I was a tester for it while the beta was closed that I was able to get free clothing from the mall but I went to my wardrobe and was unable to find any of the clothing I bought. For all the graphical capabilities that the PS3 has my mii looks WAAAY more like me, and the one black guy default model that I had to make look like me looked like a burnt out crackhead with a wrinkly forehead, crows feet and afro. Then there's the xbox live-esque racism, I was in the Central Plaza and all it took was some guy to see a group of black avatars (and the personal security that he had from anonymity) to start dropping n-bombs and accusing us of stealing our PS3's. Yesterday while in the mall (very sparse) a group of guys with headsets surround this girl and actually start hitting on her because her avatar is attractive, so a pixelated avatar is all it took for idiots to start flirting with her. Then the guy leading the group of idiots and is interrupted because another guy walks in front of him and sits down in between him and her, the girl seemed to be amused by the attention from the start and the bickering that started after the newcomer came didn't bother her in the least, all the while I'm just imagining how much more chaos would be occuring if we were allowed to fight one another on Home. The one positive is that its fun to randomly start dancing with a bunch of virtual strangers (texting mosh pit occasionally) but I can do that in real life with a greater selection of dances, too.

All in all with the free time I'll have from winter break along with owning Resistance 2, there's little reason for me to play an app that has a community that makes high school look like a gathering of esteemed dignitaries.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Will anyone be surprised by the lameness of Home? I'm a PS3 owner and I have no interest in it, what so ever.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
the one black guy default model that I had to make look like me looked like a burnt out crackhead with a wrinkly forehead, crows feet and afro.

Aren't all black people like that? :troll:

Guts' intestines said:
Then there's the xbox live-esque racism, I was in the Central Plaza and all it took was some guy to see a group of black avatars (and the personal security that he had from anonymity) to start dropping n-bombs and accusing us of stealing our PS3's. Yesterday while in the mall (very sparse) a group of guys with headsets surround this girl and actually start hitting on her because her avatar is attractive, so a pixelated avatar is all it took for idiots to start flirting with her.

I'm not surprised. This is the reason I'm reluctant to play online with strangers. Too many idiots out there. Home is a great idea on paper, but the actual thing always felt like it'd be impractical to me. It's just impossible to give people too much freedom without them creating problems.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
After giving this thing a try, It's actually a pretty cool feature. As far as socializing goes it's a whole different game, but the program itself surpasses my expectations. Kids will be kids and well... Nobody really can't complaint, it's free and can be fun when interacting with those within your friends list.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
Aren't all black people like that? :troll:

Even as a joke it hurts :judo:.

Nomad said:
After giving this thing a try, It's actually a pretty cool feature. As far as socializing goes it's a whole different game, but the program itself surpasses my expectations. Kids will be kids and well... Nobody really can't complaint, it's free and can be fun when interacting with those within your friends list.

Still some damn moderation wouldn't kill them.

Top Bottom