"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WILL NOT PRINT IT!?"

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hitler_cake

EASTON, Pa. – The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance. Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.

"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."

Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

A store manager at ShopRite referred questions to a corporate spokeswoman who did not immediately return a phone message Tuesday. But spokeswoman Karen Meleta told The Easton Express-Times for Sunday's editions that the store considered Campbell's request inappropriate.

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

If these parents really wanted to make a political statement they should have done something else besides use their kid. Hopefully when he turns 18, he'll change his name out of spite.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hitler_cake

If these parents really wanted to make a political statement they should have done something else besides use their kids. Hopefully when he turns 18, he'll change his name out of spite.

I agree, I mean it's only a name, but it's still so pointless to name your kid that, knowing what stigma comes with it.
Luckily, Hitler's his middle name that way he doesn't have to go around introducing himself as Adolf Hitler.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
These parents are all kinds of messed up. I'm also gonna guess they didn't have the best education while growing up. It's like you said, Bob, hopefully the kids will get their names changed when they turn 18.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, my favorite part is that after a local supermarket claimed a high moral standard and said it was inappropriate and refused the request, WAL-MART had no qualms, and delivered the goods. That's a perfect little microcosm of the supermarket industry.

Wal-Mart: Play 2 Win.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
Hahaha, my favorite part is that after a local supermarket claimed a high moral standard and said it was inappropriate and refused the request, WAL-MART had no qualms, and delivered the goods. That's a perfect little microcosm of the supermarket industry.

Wal-Mart: Play 2 Win.

Walmart is the cheapest whore out there. Making dough no matter the source is their motto. Just look at how screw up their employees are. :azan:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I also enjoyed the- "There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. -part.

Obama wants us to name our children ridiculous and offensive things!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Scorpio said:
I also enjoyed the- "There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. -part.

Obama wants us to name our children ridiculous and offensive things!

You dont have to tell me twice! :guts:

My son's new name will be Yujiro Hanma Gut's Dragonslayer Vegeta. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance.

Am I the only one to find this ironic? Tolerance isn't exactly the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Adolf Hitler.

Guts' intestines said:
I agree, I mean it's only a name, but it's still so pointless to name your kid that, knowing what stigma comes with it.

Yeah, and it's not like he just "liked the name" either. His other kid is called "Aryan Nation"... That guy's declarations are contradictory. He's pretty clearly a neo-nazi sympathizer yet he pretends to be tolerant and to want to raise his children differently from how he was raised himself. I think he just wanted to avoid public indignation. Anyway, pulling this kind of shit on your kids is really despicable.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Am I the only one to find this ironic? Tolerance isn't exactly the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Adolf Hitler.
What is even more Ironic is that he's pulling the "I have black friends" card. Well no it's not, that's the first thing everyone says once being accused of being racist.

Yeah, and it's not like he just "liked the name" either. His other kid is called "Aryan Nation"... That guy's declarations are contradictory. He's pretty clearly a neo-nazi sympathizer yet he pretends to be tolerant and to want to raise his children differently from how he was raised himself. I think he just wanted to avoid public indignation. Anyway, pulling this kind of shit on your kids is really despicable.
I'm pretty sure he's a full blown neo-nazi. You just don't name your kids Aryan nation or Adolf Hitler for a political statement, even then I'm pretty sure most neo-nazis would have just stuck with Adolf and left the Hitler part out of it.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:

Oh wow, when I first read it I didn't even see the Aryan Nation part... so now I wonder why anyone is even humoring these ass-hat parents.

Russian Rainbow

The Prettiest Girl A Boy Can Be
WOW...

I really can't stop laughing, a guy whose kids are names Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation is asking for TOLERANCE, man, that's just great, especially when later, Wal-Mart actually prints it! :ganishka:

Apart from having a stupid sounding name for that Aryan nation kid. I don't really see any problems. A name's a name and there were Adolf's and Hitler's before and after the 1940's. And both kids got pretty lame ones. If I could choose any name I'd totally go for Genghis Khan Or Attila or something. :guts:

could be worse.. you could have a middle name like Gary "The Spanish Inquisition" Smith.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ramen4ever said:
Apart from having a stupid sounding name for that Aryan nation kid. I don't really see any problems. A name's a name and there were Adolf's and Hitler's before and after the 1940's.

True, except none of them were named after a genocidal maniac.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
could be worse.. you could have a middle name like Gary "The Spanish Inquisition" Smith.

I don't think that would be worse. It'd be equally stupid, but without carrying a strongly offensive connotation.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Jersey...why am I not surprised. The mention of a swastika cake the year before was what really got me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090114/ap_on_re_us/hitler_cake

So the kids were removed from their home, I wonder why. Not much information in the article.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10891733

Update: US court denies parents custody of Hitler and sisters
A US appeals court has ruled a couple who gave their children Nazi-inspired names should not regain custody, citing the risk of serious injury to them.

Adolf Hitler Campbell, 4, and his sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, 3, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, 2, were taken from their New Jersey home in 2009.

The case first came to public attention in December 2008 after a shop refused to decorate a birthday cake for Adolf.

A family court had earlier found there was insufficient evidence of abuse.

But on Thursday, the appeals panel determined that social workers had proved the need for protective services for the three children.

The panel found that the parents, who both suffer from unspecified physical and psychological disabilities, had "recklessly created a risk of serious injury to their children by failing to protect the children from harm and failing to acknowledge and treat their disabilities".

The judges also noted that Deborah Campbell had recently passed a letter to a neighbour saying her husband had threatened "to have me killed or kill me himself".

The children's father, Heath Campbell, told the Associated Press last year that he believed they were taken into foster care because of their names.

He also alleged that the authorities had relied on unproven accusations made by a neighbour and his ex-wife.

Glad to see the court has more sense then to return the kids to their shitty parents and are taking the allegations of abuse seriously.

Top Bottom