1:1 scale replica of Berserker Helmet!!! ***SOLD OUT***

Dani

Smile!
Re: 1:1 scale replica of Berserker Helmet!!!

Wow, just... wow. Looks amazing. I wish I had the cash to pony up for this sort of thing. Looks great and detailed. Props to you all.

I'm thinking about selling a bunch of my other collectibles and then purchasing one of these. I collect too many lines, and I'd rather have a few really nice pieces than a bunch of OK ones. Hmm...not sure I'll be able to go through with it though. We'll see.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I have to say, I was skeptical of how this project would turn out until I saw the final "wash." Now this beast looks truly authentic. Great work.
beastgrin.gif

Hey folks! I'm so happy y'all are so pleased with the way it's turning out!!! I will make sure to pass along the praise to James. :serpico:

I actually have 3 more pictures of the drybrushing. It's coming along!!! James, however, has expressed to me that painting the helmet is taking a little bit longer than he expected, so it might be a few more weeks before he'll finish the first batch. But hey, who da heck cares when it's looking THIS good?! I'll wait MONTHS for something like this. I couldn't be more content!!!

Anyhow, enjoy the new shots!

wip_041009_01.jpg

wip_041009_02.jpg

wip_041009_03.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Bekul said:
THIS is what should be sent along to Miura.
Yeah I'll make sure it's a COD for the shipping costs :slan:

Brand looks cool!

G

Genome

I'm not convinced by the brand...

Genome said:
I'm not convinced by the brand...

Hey Genome. Sorry to hear that. Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talking about the shape of the brand, or the speed of the pulsating? What exactly?

Okay, some quick important things!

1. About availability: When #30 is ordered, it's done. We're only at #9 right now, so there is still time. It takes James about 6-8 weeks after an order is placed to complete one (if you order now), so for those that are interested and can afford the $250 deposit, you have 6-8 weeks to save up in that time frame for the rest.

2. FINAL PRICE is $450 + $25 shipping. If you ask me, that is one HELL OF A DEAL. For a custom job like this, that is just crazy...

3. SHIPPING STARTS THE END OF NEXT WEEK!!! So, the first 3 buyers: bruhaha69, Nirvana, and cucu4coco, please pay your remaining balance to James.

4. The nameplate will be in KATAKANA (you can thank Aaz for this idea). For this helmet, it will say "Berserk, Guts" in katakana. I'm looking into places online right now that can do this, so it's POSSIBLE that the price may raise $10 or so dollars if the nameplates tend to be more pricey.

5. Pictures of the EYES. DOWN BELOW!!!

wip_041409_03.jpg

wip_041409_02.jpg

wip_041409_01.jpg

Lithrael said:
HOLY GOD DAMN :isidro:

Hehehe, my thoughts exactly. =P

BTW, folks, I was thinking, do we want a nameplate? Or do you think a nameplate will just end up looking tacky? James is going to sign and write the # of each helmet on the bottom anyways, so it will already show it's authenticity that way. What do you all think?

Thanks for your input deathbybears. The Beast of Darkness sent me a cool website that does cool nameplates, so I will talk with them. This is their website: http://www.headlesshearseman.com/

On a side note, here is what the katakana would look like if we do a nameplate. Tell me if you like or don't like. And if you don't like, and have another font in mind for Guts, then please let me know.

"Berserk" Manga (I magic wanded this directly from the cover of the manga)
BerserkMangaLogo.jpg

"Berserk" Brush(The one that is more familiar to our eyes, requested by The Beast of Darkness)
BerserkBrushLogo.jpg

"Guts" Font 1 (I just typed this into photoshop. I only had like 6 fonts to choose from)
GutsFlat.jpg

"Guts" Font 2
GutsFlat2.jpg

Here's a place for some more fonts if you like any of these more:
http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_Japanese.html

Let me know your thoughts!!!

PS Down the road, we can keep the "Berserk" katakana the same for all the nameplates, and just switch out the character name with "Griffith, Skullknight, Void" etc etc. (And yes, I AM implying those 3 helmets are next!)

It's hard for my American eye to judge the katakana for Guts' name, but I feel it ought to be a bit more jagged?

For this piece, I think that the Berserk logo from the manga would be more aesthetically pleasing, given the oppositions between the details. The very rough and jagged helm opposing the very sleek and perfects lines of the logo create a nice effect on the eyes.

Top Bottom