1:1 scale replica of Berserker Helmet!!! ***SOLD OUT***

Re: 1:1 scale replica of Berserker Helmet!!!

The Beast of Darkness said:
OK, so my definite choice will be, the "Berserk" logo above and the "Guts" font 1.

that's my vote too......

how big is this plaque gonna be? and i'm assuming it would be on the front slope? or would it be in the corner of the base on the front right hand side?

PS Down the road, we can keep the "Berserk" katakana the same for all the nameplates, and just switch out the character name with "Griffith, Skullknight, Void" etc etc. (And yes, I AM implying those 3 helmets are next!)

Hey no one replied to that... so Griffith, Skull Knight, Void is next? *gigantic grin*

Fusiongt said:
Hey no one replied to that... so Griffith, Skull Knight, Void is next? *gigantic grin*

i imagine not if he can't sell this berserker helmet to 30 people. seeing as only 8 people have sent him money........

having those 3 characters made just seems like wishful thinking at this point.....

or james won't make as many and they won't be nearly as cheap......

my opinion, the "Berserk" Brush font & "guts" font 1 look good to me.

The recent pics look really awesome, with his skill level he could make great costumes, has he made anything like that?

Man I bet I could sell some of those unsold helmets on my site... it's just, you know people they want to see the final results.

Berserk has a cult like following and a 1:1 replica of a helmet will be a hot item - I think the problem of it not selling more is the limited audience (no offense of course to the skullknight community... but even I didn't notice it until it was almost shipping and I check the site at least weekly, more when I'm subscribed to a thread like this one). I know when I saw the price tag I remember spending more on some bloody zodd guy riding a horse and it's nowhere near as cool a full size custom made helmet!

I still think James could make a killing with this item even if the preorders haven't been the most successful. I won't be receiving mine until later so maybe after that I could talk with DK about advertising it if there's unsold inventory.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Fusiongt said:
I still think James could make a killing with this item even if the preorders haven't been the most successful. I won't be receiving mine until later so maybe after that I could talk with DK about advertising it if there's unsold inventory.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're not really getting how this is being done. James isn't going to make 30 items, then wait to see if they sell or not. He's made a mold and is taking custom orders, meaning that people pay him first, then he produces the item for them. The limit of thirty is that of the maximum number of orders he will take for that particular item, but there will never be any unsold inventory. The original goal was to get around 15 orders, and so far it looks like it'll be easily met.

DirectDK said:
BTW, folks, I was thinking, do we want a nameplate?

I'm not too bothered about there being a nameplate, I think the base as it stands with the brand will be fine.

Sorry I didn't mean unsold inventory... I meant more along the lines of if he was willing to make more for the price. I was emailing him and he said this

We don't have 30 yet, but that's how many I can get out of the mold I made.

So I figure if he does sell the goal of 15 and then there's more demand he could sell additional ones and it'll be better for him.

G

Genome

About the fonts :
For the berserk, I like the original one
BerserkBrushLogo.jpg

For the guts name the font 1 is good but may be to classic, why don't use Sword Kanji on http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_Japanese2.html or Y.OzFontK, both are more hand writing.

About the brand :
First yes it's the shape of it that doesn't match with my idea of it. I'm more in the shape of the one we can find on the AOW box. And the glow isn't as nice as expected.

The eyes are really great :serpico:

Okay folks. Judging from the responses, here is the final choices for nameplates.

OPTION 1: Berserk Official Brush Logo, with Guts Katakana (Hiragino, aka "Guts Font 1" from before)
BerserkBrush_GutsKatakana1.jpg

OPTION 2: Berserk Official Brush Logo, with Guts Katakana (Sword Kanji)
BerserkBrush_GutsKatakanaSword2.jpg

OPTION 3: Berserk and Guts Katakana (Hiragino, aka "Guts Font 1" from before)
BerserkGutsKatakana.jpg

OPTION 4: Berserk and Guts Katakana (Sword Kanji)
BerserkGutsKatakanaSword.jpg

By the way, the nameplate will go here (on the slant)
nameplateplacement.jpg

Please place your votes one more time! I realize not everyone will agree, but let's just be good sports about it. It's only the nameplate after all =). But if I had my way, I'd do Option 1, or Option 3. Actually, like deathbybears, I kinda dug the manga logo, since its more angular and archaic. These brush fonts look more Japanese (I guess it depends what you are going for).

On to a few other things that have been discussed.

- About the brand, I'm sorry you feel that way Genome. I wish you would have said something about the shape earlier though, back before the molding process. At this point, there is not much James can do to change the shape unless he changes each one individually. However, I'm quite happy with the shape of the brand. I don't know how else it could really look. In my eyes, it looks accurate to me. The pulsating, I asked James and there's no way to change the pulsing speed of the light. It would require James to purchase a whole new circuit board for the piece. But again, I'm not quite sure what you were expecting. I mean, the brand is not going to bleed. Haha. It's just going to pulsate and glow, which is exactly what James delivered. I'm sorry if you had different expectations.

If there is one thing that James could do (I assume), he could just make the brand glow, instead of pulsate, if that is something you would prefer, Genome.

- Fusiongt, I'm glad you want to help promote the item! :serpico: But, I'll have to think it over some, as I'm not sure if I want any site to really "sell" the helmets. It certainly would be cool if you could post a little news/blurb thing and just have people come to sk.net to participate in this project (like we all have so far). I will probably do the same on my berserkstatues.com site as soon as I get my helmet in hand.

- Nirvana, I definitely think those other 3 helmets will become a reality down the line. James has already told me he's interested. But I agree, it'll be nice to see more people pick up this helmet first, before starting anything new. I have a feeling there will be more orders wants the final product in unveiled.

- Virulent, I don't think James has made any full costumes, but I know he's always wanted to make a full life size Cylon Centurion, from Battlestar Galactica. Wouldn't that be sweet!?

Anyhow, that's it for now. Let me know your thoughts peeps!

cucu4coco

Who dat?!

I like option 1 and will pay ASAP!

Have anybody given the idea of making future helmets smaller, like 1/2 or whatever? Possibly lowering the cost and/or making them as a set. As much as I like full size, finding display space for them would be hard.

Thanks to all who contributed to a great and novel project!

I like "Option 1" as well. As for the brand, maybe a switch or push button to have the option of pulsating or staying on? Unless that's difficult to do.. *shrugs*

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

General notice: don't vote on what options you prefer if you aren't going to buy the helmet. And if you intend to, you should be sending James a deposit as soon as possible if you haven't already done so.

G

Genome

DirectDK said:
- About the brand, I'm sorry you feel that way Genome. I wish you would have said something about the shape earlier though, back before the molding process. At this point, there is not much James can do to change the shape unless he changes each one individually. However, I'm quite happy with the shape of the brand. I don't know how else it could really look. In my eyes, it looks accurate to me. The pulsating, I asked James and there's no way to change the pulsing speed of the light. It would require James to purchase a whole new circuit board for the piece. But again, I'm not quite sure what you were expecting. I mean, the brand is not going to bleed. Haha. It's just going to pulsate and glow, which is exactly what James delivered. I'm sorry if you had different expectations.

If there is one thing that James could do (I assume), he could just make the brand glow, instead of pulsate, if that is something you would prefer, Genome.

Sure I should have said something before but in the first place I'm not pleased with the brand on the footer of the helmet, after all brand is on people not on things ^_^
If James can make it glow instead of pulsing it would great if not don't mind I wont turn it on :serpico:

i say option 1. definitely

cucu4coco said:
I like option 1 and will pay ASAP!

Have anybody given the idea of making future helmets smaller, like 1/2 or whatever? Possibly lowering the cost and/or making them as a set.

i think that's a really good idea. mostly because of how much room they'll take up. maybe we could do a poll before he starts each one.... i know i'd rather have a 1:1 SK, but i don't think i'd need a 1:1 Griffith......... i'll be buying them no matter what the size, but unless there's crazy detail and whatnot involved i don't need a big silver circle taking up a bunch of space a sick Skully head could be resting on.....

Aazealh said:
General notice: don't vote on what options you prefer if you aren't going to buy the helmet. And if you intend to, you should be sending James a deposit as soon as possible if you haven't already done so.

If you ask me, I would not vote if I didn't intend to buy it, I will send the deposit at the end of this month, just need some time, times are hard for everyone right now.

Genome said:
Sure I should have said something before but in the first place I'm not pleased with the brand on the footer of the helmet, after all brand is on people not on things ^_^
If James can make it glow instead of pulsing it would great if not don't mind I wont turn it on :serpico:

The brand is there at the footer because it's supposed to mimic where Guts' brand really is (back right of neck). Obviously, we weren't going to put it on the helmet itself.

I will ask James about making yours not pulsating, and just have it a solid light (like the eyes). Also, Virulent, I dunno if having a push button to toggle between solid and pulsating is difficult, but I will ask.

UPDATE: Okay, seems like generally everyone likes Option 1. So here's one last revision of it. I made the Guts a little bit larger, and I put a diamond instead of a circle to separate the two. I'm going to talk with the nameplate guy tonight. He might have some nice suggestions other than just doing the nameplate on a brass/copper plate. We'll see. I'll keep you posted!

BerserkBrush_GutsKatakana_DIAMOND.jpg

Instead of a diamond what would the berserk brand look like? They're pretty similar in shape. Just a thought, the diamond is fine too :)

My personal choice would be option 3, but will go along with the majority.

Derek, will the plate be fixed to the base or can it be sent as a separate item so I can choose to use it or not?

Okay, lots of things to discuss.

Grovel said:
Derek, will the plate be fixed to the base or can it be sent as a separate item so I can choose to use it or not?

Well, we are getting the nameplates from a guy named Fritz, who does the nameplates at www.headlesshearseman.com . I assume there will just be a sticky adhesive on the back side of the nameplate so if you don't want a nameplate, you can tell James to just ship them unattached and you can choose yourself.

Fusiongt said:
Instead of a diamond what would the berserk brand look like? They're pretty similar in shape. Just a thought, the diamond is fine too :)

I thought of this too, but wasn't sure if it was brand overkill. This is a possibility, but first, let me bring something else up, that Joa mentioned to me.

Joa suggested having the nameplate in a different location/layout. Here's his idea:

On base, bottom right corner
picture.php

I actually thought of this too, but didn't think it would look good. But, after Joa photoshopped it together, it certainly makes the layout of the "Berserk" and "Guts" katakana feel more natural. What do you all think?

Secondly, I spoke with Fritz (the nameplate maker) last night. Really nice guy, and actually he can do MANY things when it comes to nameplates. Never thought I would have so many options! So look down below and give me your opinions.

NOTE 1: Fritz can do ANY colors we want, so keep that in mind.
NOTE 2: These pics are just to see the different styles.
NOTE 3: Almost all of Fritz's nameplates are 3 dimensional (very cool). So the writing is raised, and there are borders along the plate as well.

Nameplate Option 1. Pretty standard. Instead of green, of course, Fritz will do black.
clash.jpg

Nameplate Option 2. Similar to above, just to show you what red lettering will look like.
bramdrac.jpg

Nameplate Option 3. Basically, black weathered background, with raised writing in copper/bronze color. NOTE: We could also do this but have the writing be a red color.
BLdracplateB.jpg

Nameplate Option 4. Very stoney, rock, looking nameplate.
frankengirder.jpg

Nameplate Option 5. This is more of a modern look.
alienplate.jpg

He also can simply do a nameplate that looks exactly like this:
Berserk.jpg

I know there's a lot to think about, but hopefully we can all somewhat agree on something. Also, feel free to check out his other nameplates if there is something else you like:
http://www.vampir.headlesshearseman.com/plates.html

Thanks guys!

i'd like it to look like this. maybe with the guts katakana centered about half the size underneath it?

DirectDK said:
He also can simply do a nameplate that looks exactly like this:
Berserk.jpg

and i would prefer it to be on the bottom right hand corner. when i asked where the placement would be the other day i was hoping the answer wouldn't be on the front slope............

if it is gonna be on the front slope, i'd like my nameplate to come unattached. but if it's gonna be in the bottom right hand corner i'll take it already attached.

Top Bottom