1:1 scale replica of Berserker Helmet!!! ***SOLD OUT***

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Re: 1:1 scale replica of Berserker Helmet!!!

DirectDK said:
Awwwww, fusion, I'm so sorry to see that!!! I'm sure you have contacted James about this, right? He'll fix it for you, and it will be good as new. Send him an email if you haven't already.

On a side note to all future buyers, currently the shipping is $25 to the US, but I think it will be raised to $45 so James can use better packaging, and a better delivery service.

Don't remember if item was sent UPS or not but I thought James packaging was excellent. Maybe add extra cardboards inside for added thickness; that's what Shopping Mall Japan for me.

USPS has been good to me. And in case you guys didn't know, USPS have discount, think 10%, when paying online plus free pick-up.

Just saying, I like the old $25 price. :guts:

I came home from my vacation yesterday, opened the box and was kind of shocked when i saw my statue.
I borrowed a cam today and made a few pics:

more pics:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4355/img2291tym.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4650/img2298h.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3751/img2299znt.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8681/img2301j.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6544/img2302z.jpg

I didn't unpack the 2 parts of the helmet. I don't know if there is still more damage ... the plastik is still on, because at the moment i can't bear to see more damage.
In that condition the helmet is worthless.

I am so sad and p*ssed ...

Z

zelo30

what is this helmet made of?

Hey folks. James is deeply sorry for what has happened during transit to the last few buyers. He asked me to copy/paste his email, so please take the time to read.

I feel I need to make a much needed apology to the last set of folks who received their helmets. At first I believed the damage might have been caused by negligent shipping service, but after five in a row with damage, I fully accept the blame and will do my best to make it right for everyone. Next I'd like to apologize to the five who received damage to their helmets. I've already wrote back and forth with each of you and I am very greatful that each of you are willing for me to make it right with your transactions. Skullknight.net is truly a great community and I'm glad to be working with you.

For future buyers of my products, please feel confident that the products will be given great care in fabrication and shipping--mostly due to the lessons learned by this recent mishap of events.

Once again I am sorry and I'm going to do my very best for all of your complete satisfaction.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DirectDK said:
Hey folks. James is deeply sorry for what has happened during transit to the last few buyers. He asked me to copy/paste his email, so please take the time to read.

It's not his fault I'm sure. I work at UPS and try to tell everyone I know to never ship through us. If you've only seen the nightmares that I have seen in UPS hubs....The workers just don't care(Not me of course I am actually the few that do care about other people's property). Even if James were to package it perfectly the incompetence and irresponsibility of some UPS loaders will find some way to make sure it gets slightly damaged. I always have my stuff shipped USPS even if it costs more. Never had a prob.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!

I saw these over on the replica forum, I haven't been by Skullknight in a while. Congrats on the great project, the finished product came out awesome. The lighted pictures were great :)

DirectDK said:

james is a great man,
he replyed fast, apologized and promised to ship it save :)

ori said:
It's not his fault I'm sure. I work at UPS and try to tell everyone I know to never ship through us. If you've only seen the nightmares that I have seen in UPS hubs....The workers just don't care(Not me of course I am actually the few that do care about other people's property). Even if James were to package it perfectly the incompetence and irresponsibility of some UPS loaders will find some way to make sure it gets slightly damaged. I always have my stuff shipped USPS even if it costs more. Never had a prob.

the packing was very bad, please look at the second pic. the helmet had direct contact with the box ..

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight

HITReza said:
the packing was very bad, please look at the second pic. the helmet had direct contact with the box ..

Yeah, I believe he was an inexperienced shipper. He packed very carefully as far as protecting the surfaces of the sculpt, but without adequate padding of the whole object against dropping force (IE padding between the object and the box walls). My advice from my shipping days would be to surface wrap the 2 parts a little separately, then wrap them together, making sure there's some good padding between them (this prevents them from shifting into a bad position in shipping, and keeps their inertia equal, largely preventing one damaging the other during a drop), then use plenty of good packing fill in the box. Ideally the object should be at least a few inches from any box wall.

In real life few shippers will get a box to your door without throwing or dropping it at least three feet at least once. If you would not happily and confidently drop your own packed box from chest height, you cannot justifiably feel confident it will survive shipping. :void:

five in a row with damage

That's an alarming rate.

I'm really glad the artist took responsibility though I'm sorry such beautiful pieces got damaged. I can only imagine the disappointment the five owners must have felt. I hope no more pieces will arrive damaged.

A stupid question just out of curiosity, from what I read it gave me the impression that at least some of the helmets will be replaced with new ones; if this is the case, does it mean that those new helmets will count against the maximum of 30 that could be made?

i received my helmet today #13/30...

helmet-w.jpg

it came in perfect condition!

james went above and beyond with improved packaging and upgraded shipping and insurance at his own cost.

it took me 15 minutes just to unwrap the layers of protective material to reveal the beauty.

the helmet itself is a sight to behold as well... i'm very please with the purchase.

put me down as a grateful customer.

:chomp:

Can you put me on the maybe list for now please, I am trying to save up the money to get this helmet.

james only has a few of these left...

someone needs to jump on this...

can't recommend his work enough...

KazigluBey said:
Is that Lime and Chili or Wasabi and Soy Sauce? :guts:

Good catch! That's Lime and Chili in the picture haha. But last time I get those - they are good, but for the same money the Wasabi is the best!

After coming across a listing for one of these on eBay, I've been thinking about getting one of these very seriously. Given a couple weeks, I may put down the deposit money, so please put me down as a maybe.

guitarist52692 said:
After coming across a listing for one of these on eBay, I've been thinking about getting one of these very seriously. Given a couple weeks, I may put down the deposit money, so please put me down as a maybe.

Hey Guitarist! When you're ready, just send me a PM, and I'll give you James' paypal address. Glad you're interested! =)

guitarist52692 said:

its a must get!
great helmet

So twenty helmets have been sold so far. The production run is only 30, so once they are gone, they are GONE! No "re-release special anniversary repaints ala AOW" here! :guts: So if you want one, better act quickly!

Also, it's pretty crazy... I know, but the guy doing the nameplates with the Guts/Berserk kanji hasn't finished them yet. But they are almost done. They just need some touch ups. Here is a shot of them thus far.

wip_gutsnameplates.jpg

I just wanted to say thanks to James and Derek for this marvelous project,
James did an amazing work on this helmet, the sculpt is perfect and the paint job couldn't have been more realistic,
a true piece of art, no other words to describe it.

If there are any left put me down for one, I've got some overtime to play with when I get paid next week; plus I can count it as a sneaky birthday present to myself ^^;

Just put down the deposit on this, just wondering how are people who already own one of these displaying them?

I have pretty limited space so it's more than likely I've have to clear out a junk room just to house this thing, or keep it in the loft or something

Top Bottom