Second-Favorite Berserk Character 2008 edition (ROUND 2)

Who is your favorite Berserk character, Guts aside?

• Azan

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Casca

• Farnese

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Griffith

• Puck

• Roderick

• Schierke

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Serpico

• Skull Knight

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Zodd

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
X

Xem

I honestly thought there were a lot of Griffith lovers around here, did they all get scared off?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I honestly thought there were a lot of Griffith lovers around here, did they all get scared off?
Like many members, they're probably hibernating until a new release.

Only we, the strong few, can survive a long winter like this :daiba:

Im surprised Griffith didn't win! Had I been here before I would have voted Serpico :serpico: as my picture here probably gives away. I still think he has a long way to go in development and i look forward to every bit we get!!

I loved Griffith Pre Femto, not digging him so much now, as he seems to not really speak much. I'm all about Serpico though. I can't really understand the fascination with the Skullknight though since he doesn't play a major role, time wise. Nor does he do anything aside from make random appearances so that he can speak in riddles, fight Zodd and move on.

Chiron said:
I can't really understand the fascination with the Skullknight though since he doesn't play a major role, time wise. Nor does he do anything aside from make random appearances so that he can speak in riddles, fight Zodd and move on.

Of course the Skull Knight has major roles I mean who do you think saved Guts and Casca from the Eclipse, and who do you think helped Guts out with Slan in Qliphoth, it was all the Skull Knight. He definitely has a lot of major roles.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiron said:
I can't really understand the fascination with the Skullknight though since he doesn't play a major role, time wise.

He's over 1000 years old. That's actually pretty significant, "time-wise" (whatever that means). :iva: I take it you just meant that his appearances are rare. But that only makes them all the more precious and awesome.

Chiron said:
Nor does he do anything aside from make random appearances so that he can speak in riddles, fight Zodd and move on.

I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound here. He's been a crucial element in a lot of key scenes, and his "riddles" always reveal a great deal of information. You're seriously downplaying his importance.

Chiron said:
I know he's done major things for the story, but you don't read Berserk going "OMG what's the Skullknight gonna do next?"

You'd be surprised. I guarantee you more people are curious about it than about "OMG what's Serpico gonna do next?" Hell, this very website is named after him, I think that says enough. :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiron said:
Well, we simply disagree then.

Not really, you're wrong if you think the Skull Knight doesn't play a major role in the story. He's the best ally of the protagonist, has saved his life more than once, and is also the main threat against the antagonists. He has made determinant appearances in some of the most important scenes in the story and is one of the most knowledgeable characters around. He holds the keys to Berserk's past, and will no doubt help shape its future. In many ways (actions, speech, appearance, abilities, past, relationships, motives, parallels with other characters, etc.) he's quite a unique character.

Of course he's not one of the main characters of the story and we don't see him often. But that's also why people are so interested in him: because he's mysterious. Same goes for the God Hand.

Top Bottom