Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I apologize in advance for reviving this old thread, but it felt pointless to just make a new one and all. Any-who, I wish you all an awesome holiday! May your religious, cultural or credit card bills be filled with happiness.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Ditto, hope everyone has a fun time with their families this year. :casca: And of course, don't hesitate to dish if you get any super cool presents!

Merry Christmas guys! Btw Grail, I watched Home Alone last night after over a decade, it was so so cool. Remembered your avatar when I switched channels and saw Kevin heh.

I got a cool pair of handkerchiefs, a tie, a towel wrap thingie that's sort of like pajamas and a bottle of Caramel Baileys.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
Merry Christmas from my Honeymoon in Playa Del Carmen

No way dude, you got married? Without telling us? Shame on you! :puck: But congrats all the same. :guts:

And Merry Christmas to everybody!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I'm having an unhappy new year (which is living up to its unlucky number). New year's day around dinner I became violently ill with a nasty stomach virus that left me dangerously dehydrated as my body essentially rejected everything inside it (I'll spare you the details), resulting in my temperature falling well below normal (somehow scarier than it going up), and an almost trip to the emergency room. On the bright side, I've lost 10 of those holiday pounds since Tuesday (still wondering if I shouldn't have gone to the emergency =).

So, uh, happy new year.
gutsbarf.gif

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Griffith said:
Well, I'm having an unhappy new year (which is living up to its unlucky number). New year's day around dinner I became violently ill with a nasty stomach virus that left me dangerously dehydrated as my body essentially rejected everything inside it (I'll spare you the details), resulting in my temperature falling well below normal (somehow scarier than it going up), and an almost trip to the emergency room. On the bright side, I've lost 10 of those holiday pounds since Tuesday (still wondering if I shouldn't have gone to the emergency =).

So, uh, happy new year.
gutsbarf.gif

You Lakers fans and your whining! :slan:

But seriously, get better.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Hope you feel better soon, Griffith!

I spent Christmas week in Cabo San Lucas with my family:

img0144ud.jpg

My sister, Megan, celebrating her birthday on December 22 with a shot of tequila.

img0146cy.jpg

My brother, Jeff, being harassed by a clown passing through the restaurant.

img0147ky.jpg

The product of the clown's mischief.

img0148ra.jpg

Jeff and I enjoying smoothies at Mama's Cafe, one of the best breakfast joints in Cabo.

img0149e.jpg

The view from our villa of the Pacific Ocean.

img0156y.jpg

Jeff and Megan enjoying our villa's pool.

img0179as.jpg

My mom being serenaded at La Fonda, while Jeff's girlfriend, Jackie, smiles in the background.

img0213ld.jpg

Outside the Hotel California in Todos Santos.

I'll post more photos as they're e-mailed to me by my family. All of the above were taken with my phone.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
Man what a dream vacaction Rhombaad. Looks like one hell of a good time.

It was awesome. The only time I've been out of the country was when I visited Canada, which is so close to us in Seattle that it doesn't really feel like you're leaving the country.

We're probably going back to Cabo in February 2014.

Man, that villa picture is beyond beautiful, Rhombaad.

And I'm digging your brother's Seahawks shirt. I can't wait to watch them destroy the Washington Racial Slur For Native Americans tomorrow.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Skeleton said:
Man, that villa picture is beyond beautiful, Rhombaad.

I know. We couldn't believe it when we stepped out on the balcony. Even on the last day, we were still in awe.

Skeleton said:
And I'm digging your brother's Seahawks shirt. I can't wait to watch them destroy the Washington Racial Slur For Native Americans tomorrow.

Me, too! :zodd: He and I were both decked out in Hawks gear for the 49ers game two weeks ago, which we watched in the resort bar with a bunch of other Seattle fans and a family from SF.

IncantatioN said:
Those views look breathtaking Rhombaad, thanks a lot for sharing! Camera phone?! o_0

No problem! I took them on my iPhone 4S. I was surprised at the picture quality myself.

Aazealh said:
Maaan, I'm jealous!

Hey, I'm jealous you leave near Paris. My mom and sis are gonna be visiting your neck of the woods in about six months. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Hey, I'm jealous you leave near Paris. My mom and sis are gonna be visiting your neck of the woods in about six months. :serpico:

Hahaha, my neck of the woods is almost really in the woods you know. :iva: But Paris is pretty cool for tourists, lots of stuff to see and do. And June isn't a bad time to visit either.

Just got an awesome Christmas gift - HAL 9000 cap! Got it yesterday and it was raining but didn't want to wear it cos I would get it wet, then again, that's the hat's purpose. I wonder what HAL would do (self preservation and all?).

Merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays. Love the change on the site's SK banner haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5UJ323MWK0

Is everyone off work till new years? I forgot to take time off this year and practically everyone at work is off till the end of the month, so I'm gonna be stuck at work.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I was outside by a fire most if the night, did some traditional Mexican festivities for Christmas . Then hit a piñata (blindfolded) then some food. I just returned from running , I just felt like it after doing some cleaning .

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
IncantatioN said:
Is everyone off work till new years? I forgot to take time off this year and practically everyone at work is off till the end of the month, so I'm gonna be stuck at work.

I took 12/26/13 and 12/27/13 off. My family and I went to a cabin over in eastern Washington. We were supposed to go snowmobiling, but there was no snow to be found. It's the first time in decades that the area we were in was almost snow-free. Oh, well; we're gonna go back next year and try it again.

By the way, I'm still waiting for those photos from Cabo to be e-mailed to me. :puck:

Top Bottom