Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
handsome rakshas said:
This was a killer for me and the main reason I've gained a lot of weight in the last year.
I just got into a habit of coming home from work, cooking a frozen pizza, drinking a few sodas, and sitting on my ass watching movies.

Just change the pizza for a salad or fruit and the soda for concentrate juice.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Th3Branded0ne said:
I have some suggestions. If you ever feel hungry while slimming down because you ate too much before, and you have to reshape your stomach from its stretched shape right now try to eat vegetables and drink water or juice during snacking times.
Normally what I eat for dinner is a large salad with either a baked potato or some sort of meat. When I go about making my salads, I normally put down a small amount a lettuce and egg white, and a large amounts of broccoli, mushroom, onion. I also add black pepper and garlic powder for the hell of it and no more then a tablespoon worth of salad dressing.

Oburi said:
Don't worry about this thread going dead, bob. It's great encouragement for me (everyone really) and I plan to keep posting. BUt like Ramen said a while back, expecting results within too soon of a period is ridiculous.
Yeah I understand what ramen said, but you have to keep in mind I find it more encouraging to just weigh my self once a week.

Wow hey don't blame me :sad: I was actually trying to emphasize that results will happen in due time. Not that people should be discouraged and give up. No, go work your butts off. Don't expect major results like losing 50 pounds in a week though. If your goal is to lose 10 pounds in a month. That's possible. If you have a fast metabolism and your trying to bulk up. Work out with the knowledge that you will see the fruits of your labors in about 3-6 months.
You reap what you sow.

X

Xem

Still procrastinating here, another term of college has started and I got a huge case of the "fuck it"s going at the moment.

From experience though, I wanna say it's totally possible to lose up to 5-6 lbs. a week, without supplements, even if you're close to where you should be. I'm usually an all or nothing kinda guy, and when I worked out a ton back in Sept. - Oct. I worked out ~2 times a day for an hour each session, with close to no carbs or fat (or sugar) in any of my food. I've woken up the next day with a couple pounds shaved off before, but I don't encourage that type of behavior, it's really not good for you, even though I was also building a lot of muscle on top of the weight-loss. Speaking from experience, it won't last long, your mind and body won't agree with it and you'll crash. It's like fate... or something.

Walter said:
For to those who want to gain weight, let me take you on a crash course of how I successfully gained 20 lbs in under a year.

1) Get a desk job where the most activity you do is drive to meetings and/or crime scenes to stand around and watch other people work.
2) Eat dinners at random periods of the day, preferably they will be microwaveable or frozen and extremely high in preservatives and calories. I recommend Ham & Cheese Hot Pockets for maximum $ : ass-fat ratio.
3) Have shitty work hours and live like a vampire, so you'll feel like a freak when your natural time to want to exercise is at 4 a.m.
4) Get an apartment.
5) When at home, eat whatever foods are conveniently at hand rather than planning out a complete, healthy meal. This will maximize your gut potential and is also a great way to ensure your fridge is stocked with fresh goods.
6) During meals, don't stop eating until you want to vomit everything back up. In case of that incident, eat more to fill the void.

You too can gain weight like Wally did! Start your anti-diet TODAY!

I doubt I would gain weight but I'm sure I'd get an heart attack.
The only way for me to gain weight is at a gym. But i still have to physically recover from a minor health problem, but after that I'll most definitely start to work out again :serpico:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
This is where I go to run on Sundays. It's also a great way to walk it. I went there today with my sister and took some pics to show you
guys.

A view from away

sdc10405ct9.jpg

Part of the trail

sdc10404ud2.jpg

Finally at the top

sdc10393mf1.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Today I ran 2.34 miles and burned roughly 394 calories. It's the first time I've seriously worked out in several months so I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm going to swim some laps tomorrow and do some upper body exercises. I forgot to weigh myself prior to working out so I don't really know where I stand at the moment, but I imagine it's around 230 pounds.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Any snack that you are guilty of eating while trying to lose weight or just can't keep it off your taste buds.

Sometimes I am guilty of eating this while I should be doing better. I'm doing better as of last month. But this moonpie is just good to snack.

moonpie.jpg

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Th3Branded0ne said:
Any snack that you are guilty of eating while trying to lose weight or just can't keep it off your taste buds.

Sometimes I am guilty of eating this while I should be doing better. I'm doing better as of last month. But this moonpie is just good to snack.

Well I actually don't snack on anything outside of a pretzel to be honest [one of those fat suckers], if anything I try to keep my snacks down to something that I find to be really enjoyable [yoohoo for example, I'll have one a week] as far as sweets go.

How is everyone else coming along?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
4lbs ain't nothing. You could have gained that from having a heavy meal and maybe also retaining water from salty foods. Also have you been a little more inactive because of bad weather in your area? It's snowing like hell down here and I'm only going out to go to work.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
handsome rakshas said:
4lbs ain't nothing. You could have gained that from having a heavy meal and maybe also retaining water from salty foods. Also have you been a little more inactive because of bad weather in your area? It's snowing like hell down here and I'm only going out to go to work.

For skinny guys that's an accomplishment Rakshas.

Haha no prob.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Great shit man. For those that don't know their kilograms that is 4.40924524 pounds [according to google I mean].

So what have you been doing to put on weight Fux?

Well I've started to sleep the recommended 8 hours, came back home (i was studying in a different city), started to be more relaxed (thank you Jesus :judo:) and eating more than twice a day. (Now i eat 5 times/day) :chomp:
I've also started to play football (soccer) regularly w/ friends, I actually was told to do so by my doctor because it helps me to release stress and it's good to the old blood pumper.

handsome rakshas said:
Oh sorry Fuxy, I didn't notice the little smiley and forgot you're trying to gain weight. I was trying to console you, sorry man!

I'm not that skinny (I used to be quite athletic, still have the structure though), I'm 1,90m tall and weigh 79kg (for now), before I joined university two years ago i weighed 84/86kg and didn't have an ounce of fat on me. So I lost around 8kg mostly muscle mass. :sad:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I managed to put on a few pounds. but then I got sick for a week and lost them. here is what my upper body looks now. Hopefully in a few months I'll put on some weight and muscle and you'll be able to see a difference.
dsc00186th4.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:
`Keep the effort and don't give up soon. Keep it up Oburi.

I will. Thanks for the encouragement. It's just what I need for motivation. And hopefully in three months or so I'll post a another picture and there Will be a noticeable difference

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Afternoon,

Just weighed in. Last Monday I was at 213 1/2 [96.84], this week I weighed in at 211 1/2 [95.93]. At this rate I should be 199.5 [90.49] by February 23.

Hope everyone else is doing well. 
---------------------

I started weighing in at 230.5 on December 8th. I've lost a total of 19 pounds since then.

Also according to http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html my current calorie intake should be 2655 if I want to keep my self at the weight I'm currently at.
-----------
Here's some Bub pictures for you all to enjoy!

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Afternoon,

Just weighed in. Last Monday I was at 213 1/2 [96.84], this week I weighed in at 211 1/2 [95.93]. At this rate I should be 199.5 [90.49] by February 23.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Nice job Bob, you're doing swell.

Edit: Damn, sexy pic!

Just came back from the gym. I weighed in about 168 lbs., and I'm trying to get myself down to 160 lbs. (it might no sound like much, but I've been having a rough time lately).

The calorie intake-o-meter tells me I need to have 2320.5 calories to stay at the current weight.

Don't have pictures because I'm too ashamed of my body. :judo:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Good job on your progress Bob. I am not really trying to lose anything as of now as you guys are. I weight myself today and I"m at 171lb. I'll do it again in 2 weeks to see if I lose anything. Don't worry yota if you don't feel like showing yourself, You'll do it when success arrives with your work. Keep at it and don't give up.
Here's my pic, so far I"m not ashamed yet. I"ll see the changes later if I do more work.

sdc10480mx3.jpg

Top Bottom