Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm watching my wife's embarrassing ab workout and stretch DVD. It's pretty mortifying, but it's certainly a better, more vigorous routine than I was using. I'm also still off sodas and fast food. Other than that, my diet is just lax.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
I'm also still off sodas and fast food.

Me too and it's killing me. I miss my Taco Bell and Berghoff Rootbeer!
I've been drinking a no calorie mix I found at Wally Mart, although I hate going in there.
It's brand is Great Value and I'm quite fond of the Lemonade and Orange Drink (tastes like Tang)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
Me too and it's killing me. I miss my Taco Bell and Berghoff Rootbeer!
I've been drinking a no calorie mix I found at Wally Mart, although I hate going in there.
It's brand is Great Value and I'm quite fond of the Lemonade and Orange Drink (tastes like Tang)
You don't have to cut it off completely at first. Make it a gradual thing. A lot of people do that and they start fiending and break their dieting routine. Just have the stuff on the weekends and have regular one person portions. Set it as your goal for the week after eatting more healthy during the regular week.

I did that last year and it did wonders.

X

Xem

I have to admit that college, as usual, is holding me back. :ganishka: Everytime I get out of a gruesome class I want to treat myself somehow. Working out and eating right just isn't the answer atm. Hopefully sometime soon, once I get a good idea of what to expect from my professors.

Me and my girlfriend are going on a cruise next fall/winter, and there's absolutely no way we're not going without being "swimsuit worthy", so expect some better posts from me in this thread sometime in the (hopefully) near future.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I have just hit rock bottom due to holiday + rain season, had no place to run and train properly. In a month I should be ready to resume the normal training routine (gym+ma) but currently I am in that state where you feel you'd die by liquefaction if your sparring mates would see you (non)perform.
I cure it with everyday running (combined uphill 3 miles/flat 5 miles), basic body weight exercises, normal diet (no candy crap, fast food, excessive booze) and a strong ECA cycle (50 - 100 mg / day).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
White Hawk said:
Anyone into jogging/running and simple exercises beside intake control?

Yes, my usual routine is running 3-6 miles, either 5 days a week or every other day. I've recently had to stop due to some knee/leg pain. I stayed off it for a couple of weeks, went back out and was okay for 3 mile runs but right when I was going to step back up to 5 it hit me again, I ran on it anyway... and yeah, could barely walk home by the end. Outta commission indefinitely now until I'm satisfied it's healed.

I used to do light ab and upper body weight training, but I just didn't care enough for the time/effort invested. I don't need it for my everyday life, I've already got a healthy body, and I figure if it's all for show and no go, I might as well just buy nice-fitting suits to further enhance my physique. =)

White_Hawk

Griffith said:
Yes, my usual routine is running 3-6 miles, either 5 days a week or every other day. I've recently had to stop due to some knee/leg pain. I stayed off it for a couple of weeks, went back out and was okay for 3 mile runs but right when I was going to step back up to 5 it hit me again, I ran on it anyway... and yeah, could barely walk home by the end. Outta commission indefinitely now until I'm satisfied it's healed.

If you're running on asphalt it is a common injury. They say you can adjust to it, but it's not a good thing to be adjusted to. I would suggest, if you have the option, to run on uneven ground (i.e. grass/woodland/earth) since it adds a bit of a challenge and a more random muscle usage.
When I was running on asphalt I had similiar problems (inner part of my leg felt like it would implode).
The mileage is very similiar to mine and frankly I feel the best running up to 5 miles even tough I used to do 9 to 11 in heavy exercise periods but it was just suicide.

Griffith said:
I used to do light ab and upper body weight training, but I just didn't care enough for the time/effort invested. I don't need it for my everyday life, I've already got a healthy body, and I figure if it's all for show and no go, I might as well just buy nice-fitting suits to enhance my physique. =)

It's great when you can get to that level to be perfectly fine with your phisical self, as I mentioned above I am far from that stage at the moment, but I've been here before so I hope to have better reports soon.
:puck:

I'm 5'9" and went from a digusting 250 lbs to 150 lbs (currently 182 :judo:) in a year and change.
No surgery, no eating disorders, just an honest diet, tons of cardio and weight training.

The last few months I have seen some pretty bad times and I've put on weight, ...and fast. But my new treadmill just arrrived yesterday and I'm planning on shedding around 25 lbs in 2 and a half months.

And yeah it's a great feeling when you become totally fine with how you look. Really priceless.
The only thing I'm amazed with is how fast my weight flew back on. But who am I kidding, I've been drinking like a fiend and have thrown caution to the wind in regards to my caloric intake.

I ran religiously 6 miles 7 days a week on various terrain and suffered inflamed cartilage in both my knees. I went to see a doctor in NY who put me on anti-inflammatory drugs and I just so happened to suffer severe side effects from it. Nasty shit.
I ran 4 miles last night and my right knee is tender this morning. Take care of your knees people. Use elliptical, bike, etc to spare your joints. Seriously.

White_Hawk

Steppers are fine too, but good bag work is the best fat burner so far and need really basic kickbox experience you learn in a week. I found that supplements based on chondroitin & glucosamine really help but need to be from a quality brand. Most of the ones I use are US imports.
And weight comes fast, yes, it took a month for me to gain 5 kg of horror. Barely fit in my PVC pants any more.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I work at a grocery store, so the temptation to eat anything sweet and fat is high. I sometimes eat a snack,but eat half of it or third. I spend about 10 hours a day here, only one day off. I run during the morning.I do laps around the track close to the school to my home. After about 7 laps, I do lunges and frog jumps, and some sprints. This is about a 45 minute work out. Then go to work and in the afternoon I have a dumbell that is about 18lbs. and do some work out with it, push up and ab work out. I dont do anything drastic just about a 50 minute work out just to sweat for a while. I try to do exercise one day and the next one just stretching exercises. I'm ok with how I feel and look at the moment. I can still do better, I just don't have the time so for now it's still feel good to do what I can do with the time I have. I pretty much eat anything I want, just in appropriate proportions. I do stick to mostly vegetables,chicken,fish and pasta. Maybe once a week I'll eat a burguer or longer than that. Good luck and keep going to those who are trying to lose it and those who are gaining. Keep it up people. :guts:

I'm 24, 6'2, and a lean and muscular 195pds, but all throughout childhood I was obese. When I was 17 I was short and about 245; since then I've been dieting and training, though not too intensely. So, bust your asses guys and you'll be in ruthless warrior shape in no time.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

Weighed in today and I'm 209.5 [95.02 kilo]. I'll take some more sexy bob pictures for you all later. When I get some time. This week isn't looking very good for exercising to be all that honest. It's pretty icy, so I might have to actually go to the gym till it warms up. :schierke:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I lost ~2-3 lbs since the 1st by giving up sodas (mostly anyway) and generally eating healthier. Still need to focus on exercising a bit more -- but we've got record low temperatures lately. It makes jogging hazardous.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Ever tried to do some push-ups,abs,squats,lunges, and any other stationary exercisises that may require you to be indoors and not be exposed to the cold

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Ever tried to do some push-ups,abs,squats,lunges, and any other stationary exercisises that may require you to be indoors and not be exposed to the cold
Yes, I do push ups/crunches, etc, but I need a consistent, more endurance-oriented cardio workout to make any lasting change to my body. And I'm afraid Wii sports doesn't cut the mustard.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Yes, I do push ups/crunches, etc, but I need a consistent, more endurance-oriented cardio workout to make any lasting change to my body. And I'm afraid Wii sports doesn't cut the mustard.

Try Jumping Jacks or running up and down some stairs.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
NOt trying to be sexist just delivering the news on how study says men are better to battle hunger urges

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/19/health.men.hunger/

P.S. walter try to do some frog jumps. get in a squat position arms behind your back and arms in a handcuff position and jump foward. Do it about 20 to 30 times with 3 to 4 sets. If that doesn't work. I guess you really do need to do a marathon.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
P.S. walter try to do some frog jumps. get in a squat position arms behind your back and arms in a handcuff position and jump foward. Do it about 20 to 30 times with 3 to 4 sets. If that doesn't work. I guess you really do need to do a marathon.
You're just trying to put that spy camera to use, aren't you? :schnoz:

Walter said:
I lost ~2-3 lbs since the 1st by giving up sodas (mostly anyway) and generally eating healthier. Still need to focus on exercising a bit more -- but we've got record low temperatures lately. It makes jogging hazardous.

Swimming is nice. Especially with this weather. Imagine yourself in the warm water of the swimming pool, wearing nothing but red speedo's and the cold snow outside, yeah that's the life, but without warning... Floating boogers! :rakshas:

White_Hawk

Same problem here. Temperatures were low and now that it's ok to run we have a week of rain, while every day I grow fatter and uglier, deformed and alienated from my beautiful self. Well not really, but stagnating is contageous. You skip one day, the next you're busy with something and before you know it it's ideal to run but hey, the couch is nicer.
So I tried to make something for indoor training but it's just not the same. However, squats do help. You have some dumbells the better. Just hold them as you perform squats. Repeat untill dead or laughed at.
Crunches don't really help, they're like the finishing touches of paint on a pimped car.

Top Bottom