Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
fuxberg said:
I've been going to the gym 3 times a week. :zodd:
Now I weigh 84kg. Yay

Excellent, keep up the good work.

School is back in session so now it'll be even easier for me to go to the gym then before. Only down side is I forgot about the school's policy about having ice cold showers. :schnoz:

Hey guys, I've been reading this thread for a while now and wanted to give a few pointers.

This is no secret but I've found it really useful when I want to eat right and healthy. You guys should try eating 6 (every 3 hours or so) times a day. Small meals that would stop the hunger but at the same time it won't make you full. By cheating yourself from being hungry you'll have more control over yourself with what you want to eat...it'll stop those uncontrollable urgings for that fast food. Trust me, it really helps. It helps your metabolism as well.

Keep the carbs low and only eat them during lunch. Carbs store fat. Simple as that. Eat them before your exercise for that energy boost and make sure to eat a lot of protein after your workout. Salmon, chicken breasts...avoid the red meat. Your muscles need nutrients.

Another pointer is try not to eat 3 hours before going to bed. It's good to go to bed hungry because your body burns calories while you sleep. If you eat before, it'll burn the calories from the food rather then the fat on your body.

Also, buy one of those one a day vitamins to make sure you have all the nutrients you need every day.

Saeki said:
This is no secret but I've found it really useful when I want to eat right and healthy. You guys should try eating 6 (every 3 hours or so) times a day. Small meals that would stop the hunger but at the same time it won't make you full. By cheating yourself from being hungry you'll have more control over yourself with what you want to eat...it'll stop those uncontrollable urgings for that fast food. Trust me, it really helps. It helps your metabolism as well.

I have tried the 6 small meals diet for about a week so far, and its certainly thumbs up from me. My post-lunch drowsiness have noticeably lessened, as well as my dinner hunger pangs. Also, I feel more energetic during my workout sessions. As for my weight, it has also been slowly decreasing over the days, but I already weigh ~52kg, so the losses are slow and small. I will certainly update after experiencing a longer period of the diet, if results show up.

However, something I wish to discuss about is the type of meals to consume. Keeping to six small meals is usually pretty hard, unless you specially prepare them by bringing salads or making your own food and packing them to work/school. Thus, most of the time, I find that I consume 3 big meals(with slightly reduced portions) + 3 small meals (unhealthy snacks) instead of the recommended 6 small healthy meals, simply due to the fact that healthy food is hard to come by near school.

Thus, I want to ask the people here for some suggestions of specific foods which might be easy to prepare, or are easily available which I might have overlooked. For instance, I have been thinking of having fruits as one of the small meals, but in my mind it has always been more of an after-meal dessert treat, so I am not sure how that should go. Also, I have been eating some of my sister's muesli-cereal with yoghurt which her dietician recommended. It's delicious and is supposed to be good for health so I eat that whenever I'm at home.

So, any other recipes/food ideas? :guts:

Crap, I'm down with a muscular contracture in my back. I could barely walk to the car to go to a therapist and let me tell you... You don't want to have this, the treatment is painfully awesome. He placed my muscle back on with electric chocks. I felt like a POW being tortured. But fortunately I've recovered (in 2 days!) and just have to rest for a week, or two... So I can only train when my classes begin... :mozgus:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
What the hell happened to you? Car accident?

No, but I feel like I've been involved in one. :SK:
I was playing football/soccer with friends and when I was dribbling a friend of mine disarmed me and I looked back (too fast I think) and the muscle contracted and popped out. *ouch*

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
fuxberg said:
and the muscle contracted and popped out. *ouch*

A real man would have put it right back in. :griff:

Question for anyone that could answer this, where would I go to figure out my body fat percentage?

Edit: Forgot to give you dudes a gym update. Got my routine figured out better then last time, I'm spending proximately 30 minutes doing cardio and the remainder of my time exercising that day's muscle group.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Alright chumz!

I weighed in today at about 221, so I knocked off about 24 pounds last month! My goal this month is to get down to under 200. I really need to get back to the gym, I haven't exercised in about 10 days now, I'm so lazy! Sorry for the surprised look on my face hehe!
I rally can't tell any difference in 24 pounds, that just goes to show how fat I've gotten.
DSC01240.jpg

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Cool thanks, Branded.

You're welcome.

handsome rakshas said:
I rally can't tell any difference in 24 pounds, that just goes to show how fat I've gotten.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z227/mafiaz187/DSC01240.jpg[

I see some slight difference in your shoulder's definition or it might be because you are flexing. Also on your stómach's sides. Not drastic but I see it. Keep it up Fred.

Handsome you can actually tell from your picture that you lost weight. I saw the last picture you posted and I can definitely see the difference. Your stomach has gone down quite a bit. Good job handsome your doing great. :casca:

handsome rakshas said:
I weighed in today at about 221, so I knocked off about 24 pounds last month!

Hey Handsome! Good work!

Only just noticed your photos on this thread - it's nice to see what you look like after all this time.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sup Gang,

Well since school started I've been hitting the gym every day, trying to cut down the unhealthy layer of fat I've developed over the summer. So far so good! I'm eating more vegetables, fish and a lot less red meat [not really my choice]. Anyways, I've had a severe lack of weighing in mostly because of how my morning I'm rushing out the door. So I'll have to try to give you guys a weight up date on Saturday or something, when I'm not going to school.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
After years and years of partaking in such a filthy habit, I'm going to quit smoking. I'm gonna do it cold turkey, with no gum or patches. I look forward to overcoming the intense withdrawal that's sure to make me batty, but it'll pass.

Quitting smoking is my "step 1" to getting back into my old running/crunches/pushups routine that kept me in pretty good shape.

At the moment, I'm a little on the chubby side. My goal is to return to my old "sexy" self.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Gobolatula said:
After years and years of partaking in such a filthy habit, I'm going to quit smoking. I'm gonna do it cold turkey, with no gum or patches. I look forward to overcoming the intense withdrawal that's sure to make me batty, but it'll pass.

Quitting smoking is my "step 1" to getting back into my old running/crunches/pushups routine that kept me in pretty good shape.

At the moment, I'm a little on the chubby side. My goal is to return to my old "sexy" self.

Good luck Gobs. Keep us informed on your progress. I know it may take a while, but just keep the consitency and don't give up :guts:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ah quitting smoking. Bravo, bravo. :ubik:

It is incredibly hard to quit, probably the 4th time this year I've quit. So far 1 day short of two weeks without the tobacco.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Thanks guys. So far, the withdrawal just started to hit in. All my old "let's take a smoke after ___" triggers are coming back to haunt me. Blegh.

And this is only day one. haha

Gobolatula said:
Thanks guys. So far, the withdrawal just started to hit in. All my old "let's take a smoke after ___" triggers are coming back to haunt me. Blegh.

And this is only day one. haha

Well at least your trying to give up the habit of smoking, congratualtions is all I can say to you. :ubik:

Now if only I can get my parents to stop smoking.:puck:

Oburi

All praise Grail
slan69 said:
Well at least your trying to give up the habit of smoking, congratualtions is all I can say to you. :ubik:

Now if only I can get my parents to stop smoking.:puck:

Parents just don't understand
freshprinceo.jpg

Top Bottom