Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

Ohhh apologies, I usually check my weight in kilos cos I've been doing that as a kid but in the US everyone talks in pounds, so my bad. 185 pounds it was and 176 pounds current it is. I'll edit my post, thanks Aaz!

Thanks Turk! The only problem is that cholesterol level that was as of last month. Uncle Google's going to help me out on lower it and if anyone has any advice other than seeing a doctor I'll try it. I don't want to go to a doctor because I don't have medical insurance coverage.

This is a thread I can get behind! So allow me to tell you all my story.

So I am a chick, and obviously most women are cautious of their weight. However, I never used to be. I am a Portuguese/American woman who LOVES sweets and food. I had always been active, doing cheerleading and dancing as well as running but once I got to college all of that stopped. In college I went from about 135 to close to 190 lbs. I stayed that way till almost the end of my junior year of college in 2008. By 2009 I had gone down to 144 lbs because I started dieting and exercising like a mad woman. By the end of 2009 I was down to 130 lbs and by the middle of 2010 I finally got down to 123 lbs. In 2011 I had fluctuated between 123 and 135 lbs. Right now I am 122 lbs and I plan to keep it this way, its a lot of hard work but I know if any of you have determination you can do it! It takes a lot of will power but it definitely feels great to lose weight and keep it off. Good luck to all of you!

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
My fiance is pregnant, so for the past 8 months I've gained about 35 pounds. So, I'm at 190 pounds now.

I plan to lose this ungodly amount after my baby is here. Hopefully.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Good for you Seiren that you were able to lose that weight. It takes time and determination, there are no shortcuts.

There really is no shortcut. You have to diet and exercise in order to lose weight and you have to be strict at first. It wasn't fun but once the hard work starts to show it definitely motivates you.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I completely forgot about this thread until today. I have been on Weight Watchers since I saw one of their ads on television, featuring "Sir Charles" Barkley, about a month ago, and as of Sunday morning, I've lost 10 lbs. :serpico:

IncantatioN said:
Thanks Turk! The only problem is that cholesterol level that was as of last month. Uncle Google's going to help me out on lower it and if anyone has any advice other than seeing a doctor I'll try it. I don't want to go to a doctor because I don't have medical insurance coverage.

Well this is a kind of weird place to first-post on SK.net, especially considering I'm responding to a month-old post, but here I go! :guts:

For improving your cholesterol levels and overall health, I'd suggest looking up the Engine2Diet book. It's written by Rip Esselstyn, who's a texas firefighter and the son of a very esteemed heart surgeon (Caldwell Esselstyn). Basically, to get in shape and loose your high uric acid levels and cholesterol levels, you'll have to cut out all animal products. Check out the success stories of other people on Rip's site, it's pretty motivating stuff to read.

Good luck with getting into shape!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
What'd you do? Diet and exercise?

I've been dieting using Weight Watchers. I'm ashamed to say I haven't been exercising, but I'm probably going to start since I'm running low on daily points and exercising enables you to get some back.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Rhombaad said:
I've now lost 22 lbs. I'm down to 204.8, and I ain't stopping 'til I hit 175. :guts:

That's pretty good Rhombaad. As for me I'm just trying to lose at least 5 to 7 lbs to go back to 160 at least. I feel ok where I"m at, but if I can just improve it a bit then I"m doing it. But losing this little is even harder than when you first start to shed plenty of pounds. Good work!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Th3Branded0ne said:
That's pretty good Rhombaad.

Thanks, Branded! Some weeks have been tougher than others, but I usually lose about 1-2 lbs. every week, with a few 4-5 lbs. losses every once in a while.

Th3Branded0ne said:
As for me I'm just trying to lose at least 5 to 7 lbs to go back to 160 at least. I feel ok where I"m at, but if I can just improve it a bit then I"m doing it.

Good luck, man! I can't recommend Weight Watchers enough. It truly does work. I think it could help you lose those 5 to 7 lbs. really quick, which means you wouldn't have to subscribe for very long.

IncantatioN said:
Congrats man! And good luck on the 175 goal.

Thanks, IncantatioN! :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Good luck, man! I can't recommend Weight Watchers enough. It truly does work. I think it could help you lose those 5 to 7 lbs. really quick, which means you wouldn't have to subscribe for very long.

I'm not so sure about that. Like Branded said, when you're close to your ideal weight losing a few extra pounds is pretty tough if you go by diet alone.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
The Good Reverend Skeleton said:
Good job, bro! Keep up the great work!
Now if I could only get my fat ass in gear... :farnese:
Set realistic goals guys, try to cut food that make you fat little by little, so you don't feel like you are going cold turkey suddendly. Start walking, then jogging and finally some running. Lift the light weights, and keep on adding. It takes time for your body to adjust, don't change gears abruptly. Now get to work! :SK:

Th3Branded0ne said:
Set realistic goals guys, try to cut food that make you fat little by little, so you don't feel like you are going cold turkey suddendly. Start walking, then jogging and finally some running. Lift the light weights, and keep on adding. It takes time for your body to adjust, don't change gears abruptly. Now get to work! :SK:

I'm on it! :guts:

I'm going to start biking tonight. There's a beautiful lake near where I live that has a 9.1-something mile track around it. I want to be able to bike (and then eventually walk, jog, run) it. I understand that biking ~9 miles isn't the hardest thing on earth. But hey, it gives me a goal that I can achieve. And hopefully once I reach that goal it'll help motivate me to set and reach new, harder goals.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Good job, bro! Keep up the great work!

Thanks, Rev! :serpico:

Aazealh said:
I'm not so sure about that. Like Branded said, when you're close to your ideal weight losing a few extra pounds is pretty tough if you go by diet alone.

Bummer. Well, at least I know what I have to look forward to. :iva:

I understand that biking ~9 miles isn't the hardest thing on earth. But hey, it gives me a goal that I can achieve. And hopefully once I reach that goal it'll help motivate me to set and reach new, harder goals.

Hey, you gotta start somewhere, and I think biking 9 miles is a great way to begin.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Bummer. Well, at least I know what I have to look forward to. :iva:

That something being pushups. :void:

Rhombaad said:
Hey, you gotta start somewhere, and I think biking 9 miles is a great way to begin.

Yeah... If everybody did that 3 times a week there would be no obese people in the world.

Top Bottom