Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

JezzaX, thanks for sharing your diet and the specifics of it. I can't follow it with my current schedule, in the sense I'll need help from someone to make all that stuff! Do you have help with those meals or make them yourself?

IncantatioN said:
185 pounds it was and 176 pounds current it is. I'll edit my post, thanks Aaz!

Quick update - I was 194 pounds mid-March when I got back from visiting my family. Since then it's been a steady decrease with ups n downs. June was when I got conscious and took off all soda's + sugar drinks. 4th week of June I took off bread from my diet. I resumed biking at home starting July 5. I'm at 181 pounds as of this morning. My target weight is 165 pounds. I wish I had the guts to run outside. But, I'm a lot more focused and determined now than my attempts in the last few months. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
IncantatioN said:
Quick update - I was 194 pounds mid-March when I got back from visiting my family. Since then it's been a steady decrease with ups n downs. June was when I got conscious and took off all soda's + sugar drinks. 4th week of June I took off bread from my diet. I resumed biking at home starting July 5. I'm at 181 pounds as of this morning. My target weight is 165 pounds. I wish I had the guts to run outside. But, I'm a lot more focused and determined now than my attempts in the last few months. Hopefully I can keep it up.
Wow, congrats man! Getting sugary drinks out of your diet is great, but dumping bread has got to be tough (I say that as a huge fan :ganishka:) I'm curious, how do you keep yourself from loading up on bready foods, even when you're craving it? :judo:

I don't know Grail, I remind myself what I looked like 4/5 years ago and it seems to be working (as a motivator) for now haha!

I love both bread and rice a lot. I gave myself a choice to dump one of them and chose to dump bread. Most of my bread-related meals were pizza's or foot-long sandwiches that came with whatever goodies and all that cheese. There's a Dominos Pizza place 2 blocks away from home and they're open till 2 AM - big problem because it was LAZY + easy for me to order out at that hour. I'm also excessive - so I'd usually get 2 Medium Pizza's for $5.99 each, just cos I could finish it. I was amazed at the money I spent over the past 4 years at that single location - $6940 / $6960.00 can't remember (used those annual reports from when I moved into the neighborhood up to March 31, 2012). (I can't control the volume I eat with nobody around me. When I eat out or am with company, I always stop when the company I'm with stops, whether I'm full or not.). So if I give in and say Yes to whole grain breads Branded, I'm going to use that chance and go over-board. I don't want to have that option presented to me haha! So I either eat bread or don't completely.

I know that I'll eventually I'll get back to breads slowly, I'm leaving that open as a reward for getting my weight back to 165 pounds. I'm hoping I don't go over-board after going through weeks worth of effort to get there. Who knows!

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
That sounds like quite a feat, Incantation. I've been back to my lazy ways for the last two weeks or so ever since my family reunion concluded. I gained a nice bloated 6 pounds from that weekend alone, but I've since returned to my average weight. I haven't been working out like I was. The drought and really high temps down here was daunting to say the least so I kind of avoided the situation. And now it's been storming on and off which makes it equally difficult to hit up a long distance bike ride (although the temps are much more manageable). I really need to get some motivation back, and quick!

Delta Phi Zeta said:
That sounds like quite a feat, Incantation.
It's a start, Delta Phi Zeta. It pales in comparison to what Gobulatula, JezzaX and some other members recently shared!

You may want to look into indoor cycling resistance trainers if the weather's bad outside. Pro - you can bike indoors, Con - they're expensive to buy. That's what I use.

That's awesome, congrats Rhombaad. Keep doing what you're doing, and let those pounds roll :ubik:! On 07/12 I notice above I was at 181, this morning I weighed 177. I may have hit that threshold where I'd need to put in more effort.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks, guys! I hit a wall there for a while, but I've managed to scale it (albeit slowly) and keep on chugging. I've adjusted my diet quite a bit (haven't started exercising, though...) and it's really paying off.

IncantatioN said:
JezzaX, thanks for sharing your diet and the specifics of it. I can't follow it with my current schedule, in the sense I'll need help from someone to make all that stuff! Do you have help with those meals or make them yourself?

Long overdue on coming back to this thread, sorry IncantatioN. But to answer your question, I make most of them myself or improvise when I'm stuck by mixing various components. Ready cooked chicken, 2 minute basmati rice and an egg cracked into it is a great meal, quick to prepare and covers most bases. If you have any idea of how much you need to be taking on and looking at the right ingredients to your diet, you can be pretty creative

I recommend looking through this guys Youtube channel to gain some neat ideas to not limit your diet too heavily http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdL7jVXk-XE&feature=relmfu

Since I'm back here though, I thought I'd mention I've gained a couple of KG in the last few months, but luckily in the right places. It's also worth noting that calorie counting and cutting back on carbs when you wish to lose weight (but don't eliminate them entirely, keep it healthy and slow release/complicated) and when you wish to gain weight (more carbs) are crucial. I recently spoke with a guy who has been trying to put on muscle for years and has just remained skinny, only to find out that he was counting his calorie intake as a measly 1700 per day, purely because he was just eating healthily. Knowing how much you're taking on and your base metabolic rate REALLY counts.

Here's some recent shots of how my progress is coming along.

582546_10151059053545963_1437698133_n.jpg

224335_10151017202250963_1873528549_n.jpg

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Rhombaad said:
I'm down to 192.2 pounds. Only 2.2 pounds to go until I reach my goal! :guts:

Congratulations Rhombaad! :ubik:

I am on week 9 of my marathon training, ran 16 miles today. Was still a bit sored from playing 2 soccer games Thursday morning, so my start was slower than usual, I managed to finished in 2 hours and 15 minutes. This is how I ended up looking after the run

marthn.jpg

179 pounds as of yesterday morning. Ate a hell of a lot when my dad visited me for 3 short weeks.

Going to take baby-steps. First, been cooking my dinners on weekdays, no take-out (I'm a gravy guy so most of my cooking is done with a large onion and fresh tomato). Lunches and dinners on weekends with brown rice.
Second, cut down on beef, chicken, replacing that with vegetable dishes with okra or egg-plant or squash. I like cooking with Kingfish or Mackerel because they add to the flavor of the gravy/ curry unlike Shrimp.
Third, bring in my own food for lunch because my options are not only expensive but I look at it as portion control.
Fourth, when my Dad was here he'd gave me 2 slices of toasted bread (12 grain or higher wheat) with a light dash of butter every morning, so I kept the routine going and it keeps me less hungry when lunch looms.

I'd like to keep this going for another 2/3 weeks before I add something else to the plate. Financially I cannot afford to be paying 160$ a month to enroll myself in swimming at the place I want to go cos of a booboo I made while paying my credit card bill!! (added an extra 0 accidentally because the internet was spazzy at the office, Verizon has not restored internet/phone lines since Sandy so I'm stealing it from the hospital across the street). So no real change in my weight but just an update on what I'm trying to set in place now now.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
It sounds like you've kept your weight since your last post here, good on you for keeping yourself in check! :ubik: Eating healthy is a struggle when you're a meat fan, but it sounds like you've found a nice compromise there. Bringing your own lunch is also a great idea - when I was at a previous job, I'd try to limit myself to eating out only 2 times a week, but it quickly became a daily routine. Like you said, it's all about portion control!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Grail said:
Eating healthy is a struggle when you're a meat fan
I have been on a chicken marathon lately. And not the healthy grilled kind. I'm talking buffalo wings and fried chicken. And lots of it. I should stop working out and just gain a bunch of chicken weight.

Grail said:
Bringing your own lunch is also a great idea - when I was at a previous job, I'd try to limit myself to eating out only 2 times a week, but it quickly became a daily routine. Like you said, it's all about portion control!
It's funny because everything inexpensive around me is sort of bad to have on a daily basis, while the expensive stuff is good but it's good enough to feed 2 people or 1 person and a half maybe, if that makes sense? So, here I'm paying 7/10 for a meal that's bigger than what I should be eating. After 6 years, grabbing a subway sammich does get to you haha (there's a subway 2 doors away : p)!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
God job Incantation! Keep doing int and you will see results soon.
As for me, this Sunday I"m running the marathon I have been training since September. On my current pace, I am thinking of finishing between 3hours and 40 minutes to 4hours. Got my number today.

numberu.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheBranded1 said:
As for me, this Sunday I"m running the marathon I have been training since September. On my current pace, I am thinking of finishing between 3hours and 40 minutes to 4hours.

Sounds good! Make us proud! :serpico:

Good luck Branded! Let us know how it went.

As for me, I was out to a deathmetal show far out in Long Island last night (about 3 hours away from where I live) and had not eaten for 7/8 hours so I made a booboo and had one of those loaders or meal boxes from Taco Bell that came with 2 burritos, a taco and a drink. I couldn't take more than 2 sips of the drink, that was a LOT of food for under 7$. Cooked veggies in no oil this morning and brought lunch to work.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
IncantatioN said:
Good luck Branded! Let us know how it went.

As for me, I was out to a deathmetal show far out in Long Island last night (about 3 hours away from where I live) and had not eaten for 7/8 hours so I made a booboo and had one of those loaders or meal boxes from Taco Bell that came with 2 burritos, a taco and a drink. I couldn't take more than 2 sips of the drink, that was a LOT of food for under 7$. Cooked veggies in no oil this morning and brought lunch to work.
Aazealh said:
Sounds good! Make us proud! :serpico:

Thank you guys!

I finished in 4 hours and 31 as I saw the finish line, will get the official finish time later. My knew was hurting most of the race, it had been bothering me last two weeks and I just went with it. It hurts a bit still, don't know for sure how bad is it until I cool down completely.

Here are some pics of the medal and some blisters I got on my foot

medalsa.jpg

blisterd.jpg

TheBranded1 said:
Thank you guys!

I finished in 4 hours and 31 as I saw the finish line, will get the official finish time later. My knew was hurting most of the race, it had been bothering me last two weeks and I just went with it. It hurts a bit still, don't know for sure how bad is it until I cool down completely.

Well done! :ubik: Completing a marathon is no small feat, and doing it while in pain makes it even more impressive.

Top Bottom