Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Aazealh said:
Yeah, good job man! Pretty good time, too!

thanks, could have been better .

Wiki said:
Nice time! What was your time at 50% of the maraton?

Right now i am training for the 10km (6,21 miles).

As you can see at the half I was doing good, After the 20 mile, I just couldn't keep the pace at the same rate, otherwise I would have made it just before the 4 hour mark.
timepq.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Congrats on your time, Branded! For the record, I don't think there's any shame in slowing down after 20 miles of running. :ganishka: I hope you treated yourself to a tasty meal afterwards!

And good luck to you with your training, Wiki!

Holy shit dude, that looks intense #gets a headache from looking at blood# but congrats on the run! Think you'll carry the training on after your feet recover and see where you're placed next year in the marathon?

Hey all! So I know this thread hasn't been active in a while; but I had mentioned a while ago about my weight loss and I finally have the pictures to show the before and after. My before weight is pretty much almost 200 lbs and my after is about 120 lbs. The after picture is from about a month to a month and a half ago.
997997_10100650435294394_1895397717_n.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Congrats Seiren, it looks like you must've worked hard and made a lot of changes over the past six years!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Seiren said:
Hey all! So I know this thread hasn't been active in a while; but I had mentioned a while ago about my weight loss and I finally have the pictures to show the before and after. My before weight is pretty much almost 200 lbs and my after is about 120 lbs. The after picture is from about a month to a month and a half ago.

Looking good! Keep it up!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Seiren said:
997997_10100650435294394_1895397717_n.jpg

Congratulations! :ubik: it must have been a hard and arduous path for you. You have made it! Keep it up!

Congrats on maintaining the weight Seiren! You've lost a further 10+ pounds since your post last year, wow. Any changes in your weight management compared to last year?

After that incident end of April, I went back to the same place a week later and signed up to swim. I used to swim in school (represented em in water polo and free-style). I kinda average going 3 times a week, need to up the frequency. Try to stay longer in the pool like an hour or an hour 30 minutes till I cramp up. Stamina's gotten better, 30% of what it used to be as far as laps go. Where diet's concerned, I cut back on rice (eat it only if I'm out) and for lunch I make one sandwich (whole wheat or 15 grain with lots of baby spinach, either grilled turkey/ chicken, dash of mustard ... plan to add beetroot slices to that mix) versus eating out every day. So the lunch savings make up for paying the pool place.

Weight dropped from 81 kilos to 75.5 in 2 months but I feel like I've hit a plateau. Been 2 years since I got into my 34 waist office pants, was a 36. Was a 32 when I first got to NYC. Can't hike on weekends cos my hiking pal has Tues and Thurs off. So I'm gonna hang on to swimming and occasionally playing table tennis/ ping pong for a work-out. I'm so not a gym guy : /

Grail said:
Congrats Seiren, it looks like you must've worked hard and made a lot of changes over the past six years!

Thank you! It's been a long but rewarding road!

Aazealh said:
Looking good! Keep it up!

Thank you!

TheBranded1 said:
Congratulations! :ubik: it must have been a hard and arduous path for you. You have made it! Keep it up!

Thank you, I plan on it!

IncantatioN said:
Congrats on maintaining the weight Seiren! You've lost a further 10+ pounds since your post last year, wow. Any changes in your weight management compared to last year?

After that incident end of April, I went back to the same place a week later and signed up to swim. I used to swim in school (represented em in water polo and free-style). I kinda average going 3 times a week, need to up the frequency. Try to stay longer in the pool like an hour or an hour 30 minutes till I cramp up. Stamina's gotten better, 30% of what it used to be as far as laps go. Where diet's concerned, I cut back on rice (eat it only if I'm out) and for lunch I make one sandwich (whole wheat or 15 grain with lots of baby spinach, either grilled turkey/ chicken, dash of mustard ... plan to add beetroot slices to that mix) versus eating out every day. So the lunch savings make up for paying the pool place.

Weight dropped from 81 kilos to 75.5 in 2 months but I feel like I've hit a plateau. Been 2 years since I got into my 34 waist office pants, was a 36. Was a 32 when I first got to NYC. Can't hike on weekends cos my hiking pal has Tues and Thurs off. So I'm gonna hang on to swimming and occasionally playing table tennis/ ping pong for a work-out. I'm so not a gym guy : /

My changes have been cutting back on the foods that I shouldn't have been eating or drinking. I've also been stepping up my cardio and weight training. I'm not huge into the gym either so I've been doing a lot of trails, hiking, videos at my house or my friends...pretty much anything that keeps me busy. I'm not super strict all the time with my eating, i do allow one cheat day. I've never been one that is hungry all the time so that makes things a little easier.

It's difficult when you plateau to get back in the swing of things but that's why you have to change things up and "confuse" your body. That just means change up your work out and what you do. Try something new. You're doing good with the staying busy and finding things outside of the gym. That's the best thing you can do. Also stay away from sodium rich foods. You retain water that way. Also, water, water, water! Lol

I started working out this January. Prior to working out i weighed at 68 kg's (around 150 pounds). Since then i gained more than 20 kg and i am right now weighing at 195 pounds. I am 6'1 so when i was skinny, i looked very fragile and my posture wasn't the best either.

I work out 4 to 6 times a week. When i have more time i will use a push-pull-leg routine if not i will just go with an upper/lower body routine. I have been in a caloric surplus, since i started pretty much, although recently i haven't been able to eat as much as i would have liked to. I started out with not knowing much about caloric intakes so i used to just eat as much i could. Right now when I'm able to focus on fitness, i eat in a surplus of 400 to 600 calories.

I'm pretty happy with where i have come, but i still have a very long way to go.

I unfortunately don't have a before/after picture as i never used to take pictures back in the day and i still don't :ganishka: , but this is my current physique.

http://i.imgur.com/vdwqRCy.jpg

If anyone has a question, feel free to ask :guts:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Being a thin and slender man my whole life I'm very happy to say that I'm weighing in at 170 now. Although, this is mostly due to extreme inactivity and not the healthiest diet. I think now that I'm getting older my metabolism is slowing down and combined with a new desk job that I've had since April (as opposed to previously being on my feet a lot) the weight is easily rising. Now I just have to be careful to not over due it. Nothing worse than a skinny/fat guy.

Didn't know this thread existed. I work out often enough, but always eat like shit. Usually my moto goes like "sure, I could get a six pack, but I'm gonna get burger king for lunch." I'm right at six foot tall and usually float between 180 and 190 year round. Haven't really weighed much more than high school and being 32, I can't complain.

I bike a vigorous 18 miles a day during the nicer parts of the year to work and back. During the colder season like right now I just stop at the gym on the way home to jog and lift. Once it gets below 40 degrees, pushing my lungs feels like fire.

Awesome thread!

Age 21, six foot two, large frame. I've been very overweight since elementary school. I ate horribly and was a couch potato most of the time. My parents and doctor hounded me about losing weight for years, but I just didn't have the motivation to do better. Looking back, I was almost certainly suffering from depression issues (gotten help with that since going to college). Things didn't truly "click" for me about what a bad road I was putting myself on until late 2015 when I went on a hike with my dad on some very sloped terrain, and on the uphill back I nearly collapsed. Went in for a checkup soon after and the scale read 342 pounds. I immediately thought "342 is almost 350, and if I hit 350, eventually I'm going to probably hit 400, and that's a death sentence at half the age I would probably live to if I was healthy." Something else that helped stimulate me to change was the fact I was starting to have trouble finding clothes at regular stores that would fit well.

Due to ongoing motivation issues I have not made progress at the pace I should, but it is progress, and I am getting better every month. I almost never drink soda anymore (drinking way more water), I eat better meals during the week, don't binge on weekends as much as I used to, snack way less (vaping has helped a lot with that), walk/ride my bike to class usually instead of taking the bus, and I joined a dodge ball club at the gym last semester that meet for 2-3 hours twice a week. Proud to say that I'm down to under 300 pounds again for the first time since early high school. I'm going to have to buy new pants soon because mine are starting to sag a bit even when wearing a belt!

I have better stamina, my posture has improved, I look noticeably better, blood pressure is better, and I definitely feel like I "take up less space" than I used to. Working towards losing a further 60+ pounds in the long term. God knows when I was last at 250.

The one "silver lining" I have noted from being very overweight is that it made my legs strong as hell. A healthy person is supposed to be able to leg press around three times their body weight. I have always been able to do that or nearly so lol.

TheClangingSwordsman

Put your glasses on, kid. Nothing will be wrong.
I used to be very skinny until 3 years ago. I was still growing and I didn't really care about how much I ate. 3 years ago I started working out though. I had always played sports but I decided to hit the gym too and try to build muscle. I started seeing real results, even at 16/17. However, I stopped playing sports due to needed more time to study for my Leaving Cert (Final exam for Irish people, exam to get into college) and eventually I lost the motivation to work out. I barely even studied too, which made it worse. I just stopped being active for 6-9 months. That's when when my crazy eating habits bit me in the ass. I lost most of the muscle I had built up and started gaining fat. :magni: Compared to what most people here have overcome it's nothing but it was pretty shocking for me. Took me awhile to accept it and to decide to get active again. I went from 70kilos to 90kilos. (basically 150 pounds to 200). At 18 I was a totally different person than I was at 17. I'm 6"2 and I've wide shoulders so it wasn't massively visible, but I felt it. My body felt loose and heavy.

Since going to college my diet has gotten worse, but the amount I'm eating is gone down massively. In the past 3-4 months I've lost a good bit of that fat I had gained and have started getting my muscle back. I've finally gotten back to my PB for benching before my Leaving Cert (Only 65Kilos or around 150lbs) and I can now bench 90kilos (200lbs) I physically look more like the old me, if not a bit bulkier.

Lifting weights is actually quite addicting. You start small and always want to push more. My goal has always been to bench my own weight. I nearly got there before i gained my weight, so I've just pushed my goal post further away but I think it's a good thing. On top of lifting weights I'm running and swimming more so I'm having a blast. My energy levels are rising again every day and I'm lucky to have loved ones to push me forward. I'm 19 now, and I don't think I'll fully stop growing til I'm 21 or 22. Hopefully I'll be able to attain that Guts physique in time for the western Berserk live action movie! :ganishka: :guts:

Defengar said:
Awesome thread!

Age 21, six foot two, large frame. I've been very overweight since elementary school. I ate horribly and was a couch potato most of the time. My parents and doctor hounded me about losing weight for years, but I just didn't have the motivation to do better. Looking back, I was almost certainly suffering from depression issues (gotten help with that since going to college). Things didn't truly "click" for me about what a bad road I was putting myself on until late 2015 when I went on a hike with my dad on some very sloped terrain, and on the uphill back I nearly collapsed. Went in for a checkup soon after and the scale read 342 pounds. I immediately thought "342 is almost 350, and if I hit 350, eventually I'm going to probably hit 400, and that's a death sentence at half the age I would probably live to if I was healthy." Something else that helped stimulate me to change was the fact I was starting to have trouble finding clothes at regular stores that would fit well.

It takes a lot of bravery to attack your problem with such determination. Keep working at it man!

Top Bottom