John Travolta's son dead at 16

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jett-Travolta-dies-1001235.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=imdb&profileid=01

It's pretty straight forward.

X

Xem

The most interesting part for me:

Though in the past there have been reports that Jett was autistic, Travolta instead said that his son suffered from Kawasaki Syndrome, a disease characterized by high fever, skin rash and swelling of the lymph nodes. Travolta is a follower of Scientology, which does not recognize autism.

So, out of curiosity I did some research as to why these crazy bastards decided on this:

according to the incontrovertible doctrine of Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard - he be labeled a "degraded being" that brought his affliction onto himself.
http://www.torontomike.com/2009/01/scientology_autism_and_the_dea.html

So it's highly likely he had autism and never received any treatment for it.

I don't want to jump to the conclusion that Scientology had anything to do with his death, but the mere fact it's possible is pretty fucked up.

A

avidwriter

It seems like it. It reminds me of those parents that had a child die of an ear infection because they didn't believe in medicince but ritual healing or some BS. Some people just should not be allowed to be in charge of a another human being.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Deci said:
So it's highly likely he had autism and never received any treatment for it.

Please read up on autism. You have a normal life expectancy with the disorder. Even if he had autism, the treatment you get doesn't prolong your life, it just helps you function. All they would have to do is make sure he's fed and being treated medically and his son would be living to a normal age. One thing that had occurred to me is that if his child did have autism then by him publicly denying it, he could then get his son treatment without having Scientology breathing down his neck.

Anyways, my guess is his son died from Kawasaki Syndrome or an illness caused from the syndrome.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/kawasaki_syndrome.jsp

Never hurts to read up on it.

Most patients with Kawasaki syndrome will recover completely, but about 1-2% will die as a result of blood clots forming in the coronary arteries or as a result of a heart attack. Deaths are sudden and unpredictable. Almost 95% of fatalities occur within six months of infection, but some have been reported as long as 10 years afterward. Long-term follow-up of patients with aneurysms indicates that about half show some healing of the aneurysm. The remaining half has a high risk of heart complications in later life.

Edit. The kid had a seizure, blood clot's due to Kawasaki syndrome sounds like a reasonable conclusion.

No mysterious space canon or flying UFO's or secret Scientology agents. Though you can speculate if you want. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Anyways, my guess is his son died from Kawasaki Syndrome or an illness caused from the syndrome.

Yes, that is most likely what happened. Because John Travolta's a member of Scientology doesn't automatically make him a monster that let his son die because he refused to get him the proper treatment.

X

Xem

All I said was it's fucked up that it was even possible, I don't write the news articles. It seems they changed the article to exclude the quote I used saying that Jett most likely had autism. I don't fully understand autism, but I'd say at this point it didn't have anything to do with his death.

Scientology is still pretty hilarious though. :serpico:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Deci said:
All I said was it's fucked up that it was even possible, I don't write the news articles. It seems they changed the article to exclude the quote I used saying that Jett most likely had autism. I don't fully understand autism, but I'd say at this point it didn't have anything to do with his death.
Well to be fair the news doesn't understand autism either. There are sever types of autism depending on it's severity. If you'd like to learn more I suggest either of these two links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism and http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm

Scientology is still pretty hilarious though. :serpico:

That it is.

There are certain reasons why celebrities join Scientology. Scientology offers an array of services to their celebrities (monetary, country clubs, etc) and most celebrities are oblivious to their cause until they've been cornered/sucked in and that's when it becomes scary like the Tom Cruise we see today. :mozgus: It's just a fad among celebrities these days and they probably think that if their influence persuaded anyone to actually believe Scientology, they're better off than doing any other stupid things.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bahamas-probes-alleged-plot-to-extort-travolta/18058?nc

NASSAU, Bahamas - Authorities in the Bahamas have charged an island lawmaker and detained two other people in an alleged plot to extort money from actor John Travolta after the death of his son, police said Friday.

Two of the suspects — ambulance driver Tarino Lightbourne and former tourism minister Obie Wilchcombe — were detained on Friday. Earlier, several tabloids quoted Lightbourne describing efforts to revive the celebrity's chronically ill son, Jett, who died of a seizure this month at their family vacation home on Grand Bahama.

Sen. Pleasant Bridgewater, an attorney from Grand Bahama, was arrested on Thursday. She was charged with abetment to extort and conspiracy to extort and released Friday on $40,000 bail, according to Assistant Superintendent of Police Loretta Mackey.

Authorities said Travolta filed a complaint of attempted extortion but they did not reveal what the allegations involved. The actor and his wife Kelly Preston returned home to Florida with the ashes of their 16-year-old son, and Travolta's publicist Paul Bloch said Friday that he has no comment.

Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police Marvin Dames said Lightbourne — the ambulance driver — was detained after police issued an alert that he was wanted for attempted extortion, was "considered dangerous and should be approached with caution."

Lightbourne remained in police custody late Friday and was assisting police, according to a police statement.

Wilchcombe — a member of the Bahamas parliament and an ex-tourism minister — was arrested Friday in connection with the complaint, questioned by police and released "pending further investigations," Mackey said.

Wilchcombe has described himself as a friend of Travolta who was with the actor shortly after his son died.

Great friend!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Man, people really have no respect... His son wasn't even cold and they were already trying to profit from it.

Top Bottom