Author Topic: Skull Knight's sword's name  (Read 6689 times)

Genome

Skull Knight's sword's name
« on: January 06, 2009, 12:44:19 PM »
I was wondering what is the name of the Skull Knight's sword. I checked in the forum and internet but couldn't find it. Does it have one?

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: Skull Knight's sword's name
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »
His untransformed sword doesn't have a name. When he performs a magic trick with it by swallowing it, and dousing it with Beherit goo, it becomes Yobimizu No Tsurugi, or as Dark Horse translated it, The Sword of Actuation.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »
There are tons of threads about the translation of his beherit/sword combination technique. Personally, as far as English goes I recommend people to simply call it the "beherit sword".

Genome

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:01:21 PM »
Thanks both of you, it confirm what I was thinking. I thought that the "transformed" sword name was "sword of resonance"

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 08:11:39 PM »
Thanks both of you, it confirm what I was thinking. I thought that the "transformed" sword name was "sword of resonance"
That's a mistranslation. It doesn't convey the full meaning of the kanji -- for that matter, neither does Sword of Actuation, or Beherit Sword.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »
That's a mistranslation. It doesn't convey the full meaning of the kanji -- for that matter, neither does Sword of Actuation, or Beherit Sword.

"Sword of Resonance" steps beyond not conveying the full meaning of the line and into being plain erroneous though.