Skull Knight's sword's name

G

Genome

I was wondering what is the name of the Skull Knight's sword. I checked in the forum and internet but couldn't find it. Does it have one?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
His untransformed sword doesn't have a name. When he performs a magic trick with it by swallowing it, and dousing it with Beherit goo, it becomes Yobimizu No Tsurugi, or as Dark Horse translated it, The Sword of Actuation.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There are tons of threads about the translation of his beherit/sword combination technique. Personally, as far as English goes I recommend people to simply call it the "beherit sword".

G

Genome

Thanks both of you, it confirm what I was thinking. I thought that the "transformed" sword name was "sword of resonance"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
Thanks both of you, it confirm what I was thinking. I thought that the "transformed" sword name was "sword of resonance"
That's a mistranslation. It doesn't convey the full meaning of the kanji -- for that matter, neither does Sword of Actuation, or Beherit Sword.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
Walter said:
That's a mistranslation. It doesn't convey the full meaning of the kanji -- for that matter, neither does Sword of Actuation, or Beherit Sword.

"Sword of Resonance" steps beyond not conveying the full meaning of the line and into being plain erroneous though.

Top Bottom