Anyone ever buy from rm-garagekits?

Berserk kits: http://www.rm-garagekits.net/index.php?cPath=1_17

They are in Italy & have hard to find kits(recasts). I just bought the Berserker armor kit & was wondering if anyone has experience on their service & quality.

Not everyone has the means or money to do so. You can't always find those kits. I just browsed YJA and maybe I didn't look hard enough but I didn't see any of those kits that rm-garagekits sells for auction. Even if I did I'd probably not win the auction.

I really don't care if its original or not as long as its a good cast. I stay far away from Thai bad recasts, yet your wonderfully made Zodd is Thai so don't get on my ass about buying recasts :p Of course if I can find an original for around the same price I'd get it.

Does Headlong get the legal rights to make & sell Berserk statues/kits?

I found this thread and they get great reviews that their quality is as good as e2046 & Hobbyfan which are considered to have the best recasts.

rm-garagekits site seems to be down right now but I think thats happened before, guess the site is a little unstable...

Spawn3585 said:
yet your wonderfully made Zodd is Thai so don't get on my ass about buying recasts

Oh, I will get on your ass about that any given day...
I did not buy that kit. I built/modified it for a client.

To each, his own...

Joa said:
Oh, I will get on your ass about that any given day...
I did not buy that kit. I built/modified it for a client.

To each, his own...

Well you profited off a "thieves" item so you can't be that against these recast thieves. What I'm against is bad quality recasts, as long as its a great cast then I have nothing to complain about.

If you can find the originals that are available like you said I'd love to see them.

Recasters are exactly what plagues this hobby, supporting them can kill a company/team, I prefer to wait a long time and take the opportunity to win one of those kits on YJA even if it costs a lot of money, in the end I will be glad when i get it, rather than be weak and support this kind of shit...

Deci said:
Why put "thieves" in quotes, do you not think they stole anything?

Well its just not what I prefer to call them but I understand if others want to call them that.

Now lets please drop the high & mighty morals and get back to the topic. I didn't think people would get so upset.

Spawn3585 said:
Well its just not what I prefer to call them but I understand if others want to call them that.

Now lets please drop the high & mighty morals and get back to the topic. I didn't think people would get so upset.

Hi Spawn, I myself have never bought/heard of this company so I can't comment on the quality of their resin. Hobbyfanatics peeps (as your link has shown) has a much larger kit community and if they say that rm's resin is good, it's probably pretty accurate. And yes, as far as recasts are concerned, hobbyfan and e2046 are the most popular.

However, as most members here have voiced, I am also one much more in favor of going the YJA route. Morals aside, the prices on YJA for those headlong kits are quite reasonable. They have been selling for below retail as of late which is crazy good! I think it was just a few months ago when there was a YJA auction where TWO berserk armor kits (the one you bought from rm) sold for less than 5,000 yen or something (that is for BOTH kits, original). Granted, you have to be more patient when it comes to YJA, but I can say that getting an original kit over a recast is definitely the way to go.

Top Bottom