Zodd's Ultimate Goal

guyver5

What are you fighting for?
Hey, everyone

I read some of the manga, but my Japanese is shaky at best. So, please bear with me.

Anyway, I think Zodd will actually grow to change his mind about Griffith being the strongest one towards the end. In end, he'll recognize Guts as being the ultimate opponent he has been looking towards.

*Spoilers*??

I know Zodd got his butt handed to him by Griffith in the later volumes. And that seems to be why Zodd is serving Griffith now. However, I don't see Griffith as being the "strongest one" Zodd has been searching for all of his life.

After the eclipse, Griffith's choice gave me the impression he was a coward. He betrayed all of those who were loyal to him in order to gain new power. Before that, Griffith also sank into a deep depression after losing his fight with Guts. Griffith can't stand to lose. To me, he's weak in that way.

On the other hand, Guts seems to persevere no matter what the odds. He makes the best of the situation, even if he's losing. This mere human has been through many trials, and he still continues to fight. Look at Farneze's fixation with Guts. It isn't because of his strength, but rather, it's that Guts has incredible will.

I speculate Zodd will either marvel at Guts's will to succeed or will be eventually beaten by Guts. He will finally give true respect to the "strongest one," Guts. Zodd will ultimately sacrifice himself to save Guts from Griffith.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I guess it's possible, but so far, Guts has shown no signs of being stronger than Zodd (just look at Vol. 22). I think it will definitely take the physical aspect for Zodd to think of Guts (something which Guts has yet to reach) as the "strong one," not just incredible amounts of perserverence.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

gutssymbol.jpg

Mmhm...

Medea

Control, control, you must learn control!
Wait a sec, I thought Zodd was following Griffith because Griffith is a member of the Godhand and thus, his superior.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I don't think Griffith is part of the God Hand anymore, I think he gave that up by being reborn.

I'm pretty sure Zodd is following Griffith because of the dream he had about the Hawk of Light, when he got his horn cut off and all that.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Vortrax said:
Great quote, max.
yep i guess i f...ed that up!

hmmm... somehow i don t feel like to do anything about it...
just dun know why...!?o_O;

well anyway thanx for adding it, Watson!
Again a master piece of detective work! :p

Top Bottom