Your most anticipated fated moment in Berserk

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
One of my former coworkers at my newspaper died last week. Among other things, it made me start thinking about events that are certain to come in Berserk, but may still be in the distant future. In the unlikely event that the series ended prematurely, or if you actually DIED in an accident before the series were over, what event would be the most important to you? Something you absolutely must learn/witness before departing.

I was thinking for me it'd be the big Skull Knight reveal -- a look at who he really was before he donned/inhabited the armor we know so well, and what exactly happened to Gaiseric's empire 1,000 years ago. For me, this has been one of the biggest build-ups of the series, with all the hints Miura has dropped across the past 13 years regarding Skull Knight's history. If I die, my regrets won't be of choices made in life. It'll be "TELL ME ABOUT THE MAN BENEATH THE SKULL MASK."

Of course, there are some other big contenders for this title too.

There's also the main event -- Guts and Griffith's final resolution. How will it end for these two? What final words will they share? :sad:

I guess I sort of stole the obvious two. What are you guys' personal most anticipated moments?

Sorry to hear about your ex-coworker.

For me the part of the story I want to learn about the most is whether or not Casca is going to get her sanity back. As well as how her relationship with Guts will develop. Are things going to work out? Or are we going to witness something terribly sad like Casca regaining her sanity but not remembering anything from her past.. including Guts. So many possibilities and not all of them are happy outcomes.
Just thinking about that particular outcome makes my heart ache.
Casca: "Wh..Where am I?"
Guts: "Ca-Casca. It's alright now, everything's alright"
Casca: "Who.. are you?"

P.s. I LOVE Griffdeath! that is quite possibly the most epic thing on this site. :guts:
Also I obviously agree with the two things you mentioned. I have one more to add but I won't.. just so others can say it first.

I'm really interested in knowing how Casca reacts to what she's been through if she ever recovers. I would like to see her new personality, her interaction with Guts and I'd really like to know what she wants to do after recovering her sanity, specially if she finds out that her son's body is the one that Griffith took to reincarnate.

EDIT: while I was typing, Ramen4ever posted his reply. Oh well, I guess I might as well leave mine.

m said:
I'm really interested in knowing how Casca reacts to what she's been through if she ever recovers. I would like to see her new personality, her interaction with Guts and I'd really like to know what she wants to do after recovering her sanity, specially if she finds out that her son's body is the one that Griffith took to reincarnate.

EDIT: while I was typing, Ramen4ever posted his reply. Oh well, I guess I might as well leave mine.

Sorry. But hey, just goes to show that it's a really anticipated moment. After all, it is going to be one of the most important developments in the story.

Glad you mentioned the other one. The demon child and what role the child will play in the future. Will the child be a major factor if Guts fights Griffith? :guts:

Oburi

All praise Grail
BERSERK WILL NEVER END!!! AND MUIRA WILL NEVER DIE!!! DO YOU HERE ME GOD? NEVER!!!

I think it's fitting to start talking about the final, most anticipated moments in Berserk. It may be years from now with all the breaks in between chapters but I think the ending will come quickly yet span over several volumes, like the eclipse chapters.

The final encounter between Guts and Griffith will be the most epic moment in my life. I almost don't want to read it when it comes out because I don't even feel worthy or something. But that will be big moment for me (obviously) along with seeing what Falconia will be like. Griffith is so close to achieving his dream and in a way, actually winning. If I died before seeing what the world becomes like when Griffith is crowned king then ...well yea that just sucks. I'm also interested to see if and how Muira will connect many of the characters. Not just the main ones but characters like Silat, Raban and Owen and tons more. Will all of the side characters get their spotlight in the ending? and if so HOW? And speaking of side characters, how about the apostles? Zodd, Grunbeld and Locus? Will they ever die? Will Rakshas be the one to collect Griffith's head?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
For me it would be the end of Guts journey. Did Guts countless surviving battles made him get what he wanted or was it just a long journey to nowhere. Did he find what he was looking for or he made the mistake of letting it go after realizing once again that he had something.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
For me the part of the story I want to learn about the most is whether or not Casca is going to get her sanity back.
I really don't think it's an "if"  Casca will recover situation. The Skull Knight said Hanafubuku Oh would may have that power, "but what she wants may not be what you want." The ball up in the air is, as has already been stated, WHO she will be afterwards.

There have been a few clues about how Casca will act strewn throughout the manga. So far, she's retained who she used to be in the recesses of her mind. She remembers the Eclipse, she recalled her warrior instincts in vol 23 for a brief moment, and in the Dreamcast Game, she was herself again, just for a moment -- memory and all. Whether or not the restoration of her mind will erase these memories, I tend not to think so. It's just a hunch, but I think Miura is a little more gracious than to wipe her mind completely after so long of her not being herself.

I was going to wait with it for a while but I may as well throw it on the table now. The Beast of Darkness. :beast:

Also my other personal favorite, how will Guts be effected in the long run by the Durga's armor? When Guts' vision became blurry on the ship I was pretty worried. His fingers were also shaking when they were by the beach. And I'm not too convinced that he could actually taste Serpico's food when they were in the lodge by the beach either.

Skully - Losing certain colors in the eye
Skully - The tongue loses taste
Skully - Finger tips tire from shaking
Skully - That is an omen
Skully - Wearing that armour, and fighting more battles as the Berserk
Skully - Light, voice, warmth.....
Skully - You would lose many things

One that hasn't been stated yet, is the current fate of that Beherit that Puck has so graciously been carrying around. It's been there for quite awhile now, and it's not the sort of things that lends itself to coming to play in any particularly happy event.

Sorry about your ex-coworker.

Ramen4ever said:
I was going to wait with it for a while but I may as well throw it on the table now. The Beast of Darkness. :beast:

Also my other personal favorite, how will Guts be effected in the long run by the Durga's armor? When Guts' vision became blurry on the ship I was pretty worried. His fingers were also shaking when they were by the beach. And I'm not too convinced that he could actually taste Serpico's food when they were in the lodge by the beach either.

Wouldn't he lose Casca that way? Hmm.. Pursue Revenge or Love? But that's a another story.

Anyways my most anticipated moment in Berserk will be the ending, i know it's not an answer to what Walter said but the closest thing to that would be knowing the past of SK.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well obviously it'd be the end of the series but most likely I would like to get a final answer out of the Wiseman and Gaiseric. Meaning probably the birth of Void and possibly the story of Skully. i would also like to know more about Slann since she is one of my favorite god Hand member, right after Void.

ps: the beherit that puck has is a good one too. And sometimes , even though I'm sure I'm wrong about this, I'm afraid Isidro might accidentally activate it since he's always talking about how his ambition in becoming the best swordsman is great, and he seems to be quite clear about that. So yeah I guess that'd be one of the most anticipated event for me.

No pun intended.....I don't know why but I have a gut feeling that in the end Guts will die along with killing Griffith/Femto. One of those "risking your life to save the one you love" endings.

Also, more information on who exactly the Godhand are. Their history. Can you "kill" them?

Walter said:
I really don't think it's an "if" Casca will recover situation. The Skull Knight said Hanafubuku Oh would may have that power, "but what she wants may not be what you want." The ball up in the air is, as has already been stated, WHO she will be afterwards.

There have been a few clues about how Casca will act strewn throughout the manga. So far, she's retained who she used to be in the recesses of her mind. She remembers the Eclipse, she recalled her warrior instincts in vol 23 for a brief moment, and in the Dreamcast Game, she was herself again, just for a moment -- memory and all. Whether or not the restoration of her mind will erase these memories, I tend not to think so. It's just a hunch, but I think Miura is a little more gracious than to wipe her mind completely after so long of her not being herself.

I've been thinking about SK's quote about Casca's desires vs. Guts' desires, and they may not necessarily be directly related to the revenge against Griffith. It may be about Guts wanting her to stay somewhere safe (like he did before Albion, although this time she'll be sane) but instead Casca wanting to go with Guts wherever he goes, even if that means facing the very hell she faced at the Occultation (this kind of parallels the scene during the Golden Age arc where she turns down Guts' invitation to stay with Hawks as Griffith recovers).

Or maybe that's just all baloney, I don't know. :???:

Hmm, actually, and likely sooner to be explained, is just what's going to happen between Ganishka and Griffith, and more importantly, exactly how that's going to change the order of the world. Sonia and Schierke both have already noticed gigantic... changes. Exactly how those appear to normal humans, and how that'll affect Guts and co. is something I'm keenly awaiting. I have no evidence save, well, this is really a climax of sorts of the past few volumes, but - I suspect a change on the order of the magnitude of how the world changed with Griffith's rebirth. The release of the evil currently contained in Ganishka's form into the world at large... can be no less than tremendous.

I'd like to see the moment when what the the Idea wants will no longer be what Griffith wants and when he'll realise that he was screwed over.
We also need more appearances of Schnoz. How can one die after witnessing this magnificent creature only once.

1cyberninja1

Sorry about your co-worker.

You know it would be fun to know who will kill Zodd, will it be Guts or Skullknight or even someone else for that matter. But more importantly I really wanna know will Guts ever get his revenge on Griffith?

X

Xem

Most everything I'd say has been said already. Obviously the outcome between Guts, Casca,, their child, and Griffith is my most anticipated moment in Berserk.

Aside from that, I'd have to say it's what the Beast of Darkness has in store for us. That and the arrival on Elfhelm.

What I would most likely regret not ever knowing is... The explanation as to why all of the occurences in the Berserk world have transpired as they did... and for what manner of achievement? And ...what you've all pretty much said thus far.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Gnihilyn said:
What I would most likely regret not ever knowing is... The explanation as to why all of the occurences in the Berserk world have transpired as they did... and for what manner of achievement? And ...what you've all pretty much said thus far.

Yours sounds to me more like a speculation than something you anticipate to happen. Well that is up to Miura to explain all these things. Remember that Miura still has pretty much alot of material left, so the achievement is not yet revealed completely. If I am wrong in any of this, please someone correct me. I may not have all the details down.

Top Bottom