Current Problems with Board

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
After several emails, and talks on IM, here are the most prominent problems so far:

1) Q: Can't stay logged in.
A: I personally don't have this problem, but Ive tested it on four different computers, one of which encountered this. To solve this, if you're using Internet Explorer, click Tools/Internet Options/Delete Cookies. Then try to login to the forums.
OR​
Go back to internet options and click the Security Tab. Clilck Custom Level, then click Reset to Medium. Then, finally, click Reset. Then click Ok OK. and it should work. If it STILL doesnt, email me at walter@skullknight.net

2) Q: Can IM's be reorded chronologically like the posts were?
A: This is an actually GOOD idea. I looked into it, and yes, then can! And now are. Check your IM's and you'll see that it reads like any email program: The newest post is on top. This certainly makes MY life easer...

3) Q: WHY CAN'T WE JUST GO BACK TO TEH OLDAR BOARD?!?!
A: Because I said so. 8) Just tough it out for a few days. In the end this will be a much better board. I'm just glad these problems are happening during a relative Lull in the community.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Graywords said:
That seems to have done it. ^_^

I don't remember if there were any more stickies...
Me either... but I can check the old board. Give me about 10 minutes.

*UPDATE*
Yep. That was the only post that had a sticky in it, at least in the Translations section.

puella

Berserk forever
ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Walter! I can't put all of my pics from hitel.net with this button
img.gif
Only a way of link is allowed. sigh~
Check my thread, pretty god damn funny.
I've post many pics from there but they can't be seen on this board ANY MORE. :'(

*goes to corner and weeps*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Walter! I can't put all of my pics from hitel.net with this button
img.gif
Only a way of link is allowed. sigh~
Check my thread, pretty god damn funny.
I've post many pics from there but they can't be seen on this board ANY MORE. :'(

*goes to corner and weeps*
Um... it worked. Look in your post above, it works.

The purple-grey gradient in the title bars (like in the thread titles in the 10 recent posts section) make the text hard to read unless you select the text...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Clear your cookies, and it should work. Ive solved this particular problem with dozens of people through email, and cookie deleting always solves it.

puella

Berserk forever
No doubt I love new board but it does have several problems.

1) quoting problem: Walter already answered

and.... here's another quotimg problem
Maximus said:
Maximus said:
I m looking foward to it!

but why is alway that message appearing that there are"currently 3 people in the chat room"!?

apart from that;i like the calendar thing u put in!:)

speaking of changes;are u still working on this ranking system we recently discussed or did u finally drop it!?
Sometimes, the quote goes like this with just putting quote button.

and something to tell you about Max's questions

2) this message stays all the time :Currently 3 people in the chat room
I bet Walter has been thinking about it.

3) I know Walter has already done something to new ranking system but some people still don't know about that.
Besides, we don't know how many posts we need to reach some status and we have just 5 names of new ranking system though there is space for 8 beherits.
Walter also said something about this but the problem is some people hardly understand it

** damn, quoting problem again

Walter said:
Walter said:
I did it, it's just no one ever gave me a good way to name them, so I just left it hanging. I need a new ranking system!
Should we leave it hanging forever until some good names attract you?

4) chatroom
it loads too slow but it's OK.
The problem is that some people can't enter this room. In addition, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't on my computer. Is it also just me?

5) I saw two Walters in online users box.
Me and Walter were here but it said "3 users online "because there are puella, Walter and Walter.
Today was the first time that I found this problem. I haven't seen one like this before.
Anyway, it doesn't matter. just odd or funny.

** hope not my post bugging you, Walter. :)
YaBB SE should be to blame for this, not you.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
No doubt I love new board but it does have several problems.

1) quoting problem: Walter already answered

and.... here's another quotimg problem
The quoting "problem" really doesnt affect the functionality of the board, and it appears quite complex, so you'll excuse me if it's not on the top of my priority list... Regardless, I uploaded the old source code to the FTP, and it should be fixed now (but probably isn't).

puella said:
but why is alway that message appearing that there are"currently 3 people in the chat room"!?
Is this really a major problem? Just go in the room for chrissakes!!!

puella said:
speaking of changes;are u still working on this ranking system we recently discussed or did u finally drop it!?

Besides, we don't know how many posts we need to reach some status and we have just 5 names of new ranking system though there is space for 8 beherits.
Walter also said something about this but the problem is some people hardly understand it

I'm still waiting for people to give me suggestions. I did the code, but I'm not going to make up the names again (since I don't like the idea of more ranks in the first place...) Here's what you have so far:
membergroups.jpg

4) chatroom
it loads too slow but it's OK.
The problem is that some people can't enter this room. In addition, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't on my computer. Is it also just me?

The chatroom SHOULD load into your cache once youve loaded it once. Maybr your internet cache keeps clearing out? (trying to get rid of your internet history?) I think when people say it "doesnt work", they're just not waiting long enough for the java program to launch. If you're on a dial-up modem, it could take a while. But as I said, once it's loaded ONCE it will load very fast the next time (in theory) because it's stored in your internet cache.

5) I saw two Walters in online users box.
Me and Walter were here but it said "3 users online "because there are puella, Walter and Walter.
Today was the first time that I found this problem. I haven't seen one like this before.
Anyway, it doesn't matter. just odd or funny.

Why were there two of me? Uh.. I dunno, but I'm not that worried about it :-\

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
seems to be, some cool changes comin up!

are we gonna vote for the different ranks of the upcoming system or can we just give u suggestions through pers. mail!?

as far as i m concerned i d like to vote and discuss about that in a common thread that everybody can set his opinion towards it!?
do have already some proposals??

btw why does cronus not have one of those behelits!??

Top Bottom