Movies to dread

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This almost deserves its own thread: movies to despise.

http://kotaku.com/5202716/shadow-of-the-colossus-getting-big-screen-adaptation-all-hope-lost
According to the Hollywood Reporter's Risky Biz Blog, Sony Pictures will be tackling Shadow of the Colossus for a movie adaptation with producer Kevin Misher, responsible for films such as The Scorpion King and The Interpreter, as well as the upcoming fighting movie Fighting.
It was at this point that I vocally said: "Ohhhh noo....." But wait... there's more.

The screenplay for the Shadow of the Colossus feature is reported to be penned by Justin Marks. He's the same man responsible for the Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, if that rings any bells.
There are no words.

A

avidwriter

Has Dragonball benn mentioned? Its been years since I've been hyped about DBZ and I'd only see this one to see how bad they made it.

Also on a related note. The Spirit, avoid it at all costs. I wish I never saw it, I died inside a little.

Looking at IGN, (Which I don't care for any more these days.) I guess they claim the "Shadow of Colossus" movie is likely to go into production. By the guy who did the Scorpion king. I died a little inside too. :judo:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Death May Die said:
Looking at IGN, (Which I don't care for any more these days.) I guess they claim the "Shadow of Colossus" movie is likely to go into production. By the guy who did the Scorpion king. I died a little inside too. :judo:

It's being scripted by the same guy who wrote the new Street Fighter. :ganishka:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Griffith said:

"ThunderCats has a great story, endearing characters, action, adventure, space-travel, and fantasy. It will be an honor to run it into the ground."

lol.wut? ThunderCats? It's fuckin crap. Yeah, i enjoyed it when i was six, but back then i was easily amused. Who cares if Bay gets to adapt more shitty 80's cartoons into movies? I say keep him busy with that sort of material.

Oburi

All praise Grail
just got back from x men origins. It was horrible, maybe one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Even the action was retarded.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
just got back from x men origins. It was horrible, maybe one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Even the action was retarded.

I can't say I'm very surprised.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
I can't say I'm very surprised.

Yea I wasn't expecting much but I thought the action and special effects might keep me entertained. That and the movie was only 1 hour and 40 minutes (boy did that drag on and on). It was Transformers bad, only the action sequences were so over the top and ridiculous it had nothing redeemable in it. I fell asleep at the end.

X

Xem

Our nightmare's have been confirmed! FOX is making a sequel to the Wolverine movie and we'll be getting this little gem as well,

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/fox-is-officially-developing-a-deadpool-spin-off-movie/.

The only possible saving grace is this:

And it appears they’re going to do what they should have done with Deadpool’s appearance in “Wolverine”, namely keeping the mouthy merc, well, mouthy instead of sewing it shut. Really, WTF was that about again?

The other good news is that Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studios will produce the film. Not so much Donner, but Marvel Studios getting some kind of control over Deadpool should ensure a more faithful version of the comic book mercenary

We'll see. :azan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
namely keeping the mouthy merc, well, mouthy instead of sewing it shut. Really, WTF was that about again?
I thought it was a pretty corny joke, since at the begining of the movie, Wolverine asks Wade if he ever shuts his mouth. He replies: "Not while I'm still breathing." Ha ha.

Am I the only one who thinks GI: Joe looks terrible? I hear a lot of people thinking it looks awesome, but the trailer before Star Trek had me cringe.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, my boss told me this week there was GI Joe movie coming out soon. I had utterly no idea.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't understand the trend of reviving franchises from childhood. My first reaction to hearing about a Transformers remake was "Yeah, Transformers were AWESOME ... when I was FIVE." Does Michael Bay and Hollywood in general really expect us to take these kiddy-franchise movies seriously? Enough to shell out $10 for each movie and its tired sequels? Just for the potential to relive a childhood novelty?

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Walter said:
I really don't understand the trend of reviving franchises from childhood. My first reaction to hearing about a Transformers remake was "Yeah, Transformers were AWESOME ... when I was FIVE." Does Michael Bay and Hollywood in general really expect us to take these kiddy-franchise movies seriously? Enough to shell out $10 for each movie and its tired sequels? Just for the potential to relive a childhood novelty?

Yes.  Yes they do.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
1238622752771.png

I think this applies to a lot in this thread

That may be the most perfect commentary on video game movies I've ever had the privilege of laying eyes on. This reminds me of how much I don't want them to release that Castlevania movie they're working on. To see one of my favorite series destroyed like that... no it's too much... :judo:

As for reviving old ideas, I don't think they're necessarily a bad idea, but it would be nice if they actually made them decent rather than just throw a bunch of random crap together to make an easy buck. I may just be a geek, but cars that transform into ass kicking robots still seems appealing to me. Maybe it's more the robots.

Top Bottom