Movies to dread

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This one was always a favorite of mine, from Perry Bible Fellowship. Exaggerated for hilarity, but oh so true...

pbf209.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Relatively speaking, that's not even so exaggerated for most "historical" dramas. Love the Blue adaptation too, Darklink. Anyway, I saw the Transformers 2 trailer with Star Trek, and it just looks exactly the same as the first one. Yet I was given dirty looks when I made this rather elementary observation aloud. But then, the GI Joe trailer was so bad that the theater of unabashed geeks, that had just given it up for Transformers 2, didn't even know how to react! My snarky guffaw amid the silence couldn't even elicit a glance in protest, I don't think they could look me in the eye after that. :ganishka:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Griffith said:
Relatively speaking, that's not even so exaggerated for most "historical" dramas. Love the Blue adaptation too, Darklink. Anyway, I saw the Transformers 2 trailer with Star Trek, and it just looks exactly the same as the first one. Yet I was given dirty looks when I made this rather elementary observation aloud. But then, the GI Joe trailer was so bad that the theater of unabashed geeks, that had just given it up for Transformers 2, didn't even know how to react! My snarky guffaw amid the silence couldn't even elicit a glance in protest, I don't think they could look me in the eye after that. :ganishka:

I got scowls from my friends for saying both of those movies look like shit, too. Sometimes I pity them. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
My snarky guffaw amid the silence couldn't even elicit a glance in protest, I don't think they could look me in the eye after that. :ganishka:
I said aloud: "FROM THE ACCLAIMED PLASTIC FIGURINES..." in my best Don LaFontaine voice. :badbone:

Tyler Perry I can do bad all by myself. He poops out one of these movies twice a year and it makes HUGE money. Hes a trailer for the next one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47XJFYE2bFM

I'll admit that trailer is kinda funny for a Tyler Perry movie but that's not saying much.

Castlevania canceled? Joy!

I heard there wasn't even going to be a whip in the movie... that Belmont was going to use a sword... That right there is enough red flag for me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41210
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40865

Robert Rodriguez is doing a film called PREDATORS, which he's calling a reboot to the series.
and
Fox is moving on an Alien movie, but it'll be more of a reboot/origins type story than a remake.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Why reboot the greatest sci-fi movie of all time? It's flawless. It's perfect.
I hope every man at Fox dies of scrotum cancer.

I blame Star Trek too.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm interested to see what Rodriguez comes up with, but I'm against rebooting the series, as the first film is a classic. As for a new Alien movie, they can't do much worse than Alien Resurrection......or can they? :SK:

And once again Hollywood beats a decent idea (cool reboots like Batman Begins) completely into the ground.

I feel like if I even hear the word reboot another time I'm gonna smash something.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Why reboot the greatest sci-fi movie of all time? It's flawless. It's perfect.

Yeah man, those damn bastards shouldn't be touching Predator.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
I feel like if I even hear the word reboot another time I'm gonna smash something.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/article/7129
Reboot gets Rebooted!
Canada’s Rainmaker Animation announced today that it is developing a trilogy of feature-length films based on the groundbreaking 1994 CG-animated Saturday Morning series ReBoot.
re_boot_150.gif

Griffith

CowTip said:
And once again Hollywood beats a decent idea (cool reboots like Batman Begins) completely into the ground.

Yeah, first remakes, then trilogies, now reboots.

Aazealh said:
Yeah man, those damn bastards shouldn't be touching Predator.

Well played. =)

NightCrawler said:
Love it, but Alien is in a different class.

Yeah... lightweight!
predatoralien.gif
:troll:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah... lightweight!
predatoralien.gif
:troll:

Great! :ganishka:

I loooove Predator as much as any heterossexual male. But seriously, Alien is the gold standard for a lot of sci-fi, a lot of thrillers, and a lot of monster movies. I mean, it redefined EVERYTHING.

...And I do believe Alien 3 belongs in the category of greatness that Alien and Aliens occupy - for the unique tone that it brings to the series as well as expanding on the shadowed universe in which these films exist.

Ok, i'll stop talking about Alien 3 now.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55913

Tony Scott is producing the Alien prequel. Great...I'm really looking forward to super fact cuts and subtitles every 2 seconds. :schierke:

"The original B-D story suggested that they would return to the original concept of just one alien creature, and that they'd be looking for a new "Ripley.""

That's like looking for a new Arnold.

Fuck guys... :judo:

BTW, what makes Tony Scott the top pick to produce this? His last name?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Proj2501 said:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55913

Tony Scott is producing the Alien prequel. Great...I'm really looking forward to super fact cuts and subtitles every 2 seconds. :schierke:

"The original B-D story suggested that they would return to the original concept of just one alien creature, and that they'd be looking for a new "Ripley.""

That's like looking for a new Arnold.

Fuck guys... :judo:

BTW, what makes Tony Scott the top pick to produce this? His last name?

lol so true.

Griffith

It's not like Tony Scott is some nobody or hanger on. Sure, he hasn't had his brother's career, but he's as qualified to produce this as anybody (as in, nobody) except him. Speaking of which, it just says he confirmed it's being produced by Scott Free, which is his and Ridley Scott's production company. That pretty much confirms Ridley Scott's involvement, which puts this travesty light years ahead of PrEdAtOrZ. What's the preferable alternative for the Alien franchise anyway, another awful Aliens or AvP sequel? I know we're all foaming at the mouth to attack anyone and anything having to do with this, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of legitimate complaints without simply complaining about everything. This development is actually relatively intriguing in that it's similar to what was being discussed before the abomination of the AvP movies; a new Ridley Scott produced Alien film. Look at it that way, and it's not so bad, maybe even the best case scenario.

The real question is, who the hell is Carl Rinsch?

Top Bottom