Movies to dread

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Perineum Falcon said:
Well, you only have 2 1/2 years to hear about it and then it'll all be over! =)

Over until some other obscure end-of-the-world date comes up...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Reading the article, it makes it even funnier. I can understand if some low budget studio want's to do this but to be a bidding war on it? :troll: Someone is getting rich off this and I don't it is (nor will be) the studio that gets the rights to it.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Reading the article, it makes it even funnier. I can understand if some low budget studio want's to do this but to be a bidding war on it? :troll: Someone is getting rich off this and I don't it is (nor will be) the studio that gets the rights to it.

I think everyone needs to pitch money together to buy the rights to Pong, Frogger, and Battle Tanks. Sooner or later someone will come to buy it from us. :troll:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
How long is it until we see board game movies? Hungry Hungry Hippos, Mouse Trap, LIFE, and Hi Ho Cherry-O are gonna be the big summer movies soon.
Oh, and look at this wonderful bit of news.

Yes! This means an adaptation of SimCity's right around the corner! :guts:

And, personally, I'm holding out for Bubble Bobble's big screen debut.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I really don't see what is so difficult to make a decent game adaptation... In my mind a Kid Icarus movie could be pretty cool but I dread what it could turn into. :judo:

Darklink286 said:
How long is it until we see board game movies? Hungry Hungry Hippos, Mouse Trap, LIFE, and Hi Ho Cherry-O are gonna be the big summer movies soon.
Universal has the rights for "Magic: The Gathering", "Ouija (Michael Bay)", "Candy Land", "Battleship" (Peter Berg), "Stretch Armstrong" and "Monopoly" (Ridley Scott). Whether they ever see the light of day is another question (hopefully negated).

On a side note Stan Lee is going to appear in the Venom Spin-off.

Darklink286 said:
Oh, and look at this wonderful bit of news.

Honestly wtf? What can they possibly conjure up as a story? I never played the sims games. Is there even the slightest bit of storyline in it?

SaiyajinNoOuji

ori said:
Honestly wtf? What can they possibly conjure up as a story? I never played the sims games. Is there even the slightest bit of storyline in it?
I could see the movie start off with random people doing their normal things in life... when all of a sudden a giant hand reaches from the heavens and grabs them and places them into small rooms with a window wall, a painting set and no bathroom.

Then once that trail is done they are compelled to swim continuously in a swimming pool that has no way to get out. :ganishka:

IchIgO

6/22/09
Oburi said:
2012 anyone?

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2415723033/

From the makers of independence day, Godzilla, and the Day after Tomorrow comes yet another end of the world disaster movie. How many times can these guys destroy the white house? I'm surprised they didn't blow it up 1,000 B.C..

it's 10,000 B.C. Oburi

IchIgO

6/22/09
Oburi said:
Sorta, 4th of July weekend, you know. I think I slept 5 hours in three days.

that's a dirty lie. everyone knows you can't function for 72 hours with only 5 hours of sleep

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
IchIgO said:
that's a dirty lie. everyone knows you can't function for 72 hours with only 5 hours of sleep
Try being at an anime con for 3 days with not enough money for a hotel, and nobody being allowed to sleep outside of a hotel room. Well, I guess I did get sleep in one of the video rooms for like a half hour but I was rudely awoken by the staff. :mozgus:

SaiyajinNoOuji

A new Predator movie? Not sure where to put this... to Dread or to Look forward to?

Prepare yourself Aaz!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/07/robert-rodriguez-has-a-crazy-intense-script-for-his-predator-revival.html

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
A new Predator movie? Not sure where to put this... to Dread or to Look forward to?

Prepare yourself Aaz!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/07/robert-rodriguez-has-a-crazy-intense-script-for-his-predator-revival.html

Pfff, they didn't even get the best trailer to illustrate the article. Says it all really. This is what Predator is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44iNhtg93J4

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I heard a frightening rumor today that the Castlevania movie is still alive... Hoping this isn't true :griff:

Top Bottom