Movies to dread

Oburi

All praise Grail
The Perineum Falcon said:
I think it's better discussed in the other thread. :serpico:

Honestly, I would love to expound on my experience with basterds, but unfortunately I have only my parents computer now, and only a few minutes during my lunch break to check up on things, so I really haven't a lot of time, currently.
However, in a word or two, I loved it. It was beautiful, and the ending was extraordinary and filled with that kind of magic that only cinema can bring. It was a rewarding experience, and a deep confirmation of why I still go to the theaters at all (as opposed to just watching true-blue classics at home) and why I want to be a participant in cinema.

So glad to hear you say that, and I agree 100%.

So I saw some movies this past week on vacation.

Halloween II. The movie was a typical slasher film. But after seeing Rob Zombie's work in the 1st film, I was curious as to what he was going to do for this one. I liked the 1st Halloween he made and I loved Devil's Rejects so I was disappointed when I viewed this. I won't say any spoilers whatsoever but the ending is crap and needless.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I went back and watched Zombies Halloween 1 because I know some people that really like it, but personally i thought it was horrible. I like the Devil Rejects somewhat too, but Halloween was just terrible.. I think i may have watched the directors cut too, not sure, but it seemed like it dragged on forever. The whole story with him as kid at the beginning was just boring and unrealistic, then he has this ridiculous escape from prison which ruined the movie for me at that point. The rest of it was just typical i suppose, and not one character in the movie was interesting or had any redeeming qualities. I wanted everyone to die. :mozgus: Nothing like the original, which seems like a masterpiece compared to Zombies remake.

Yeah, Zombie really fucked up Michael Myers in the first one. I felt that giving him a backstory destroyed what mystery there was in the original. The reason why Michael is so fucking horrifying in the original is because there is no explanation! There's no reason! And, of course, no reasoning with him, either! When you give a psychotic personality like his a sympathetic background (horrible father, loving and doting mother), and when you can identify with him and empathize, there's no horror there, just gore.

Michael Myers was an alien, he was Terror and the Reaper. He had no eyes and therefore no soul to identify with, no emotions to read. It wasn't the murders that made Halloween scary, it wasn't the blood and the screaming, it was him! Lending him these things wiped away everything that was good and admirable in the original. Everything has to have a fucking explanation, a reason for why it is, instead of people just letting it be.

I can't quite explain things clearly, but there's little Faith in Mystery nowadays and that terrifies me more than Zombie's movie.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uwe Boll strikes again! This guy is unstoppable. I'd love to speak with whoever is funding his shit projects.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Walter said:
Uwe Boll strikes again! This guy is unstoppable. I'd love to speak with whoever is funding his shit projects.

If I recall correctly, isn't it the German people? I know he was using German tax shelter funds for a long time, but I was under the impression that those were banned recently. I'm at a loss at how he can still find money for this shit.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Thought it was already released, if you haven't seen it yet, you might dread Terminator 4. Every time I watch it, it manages to get worse.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Well I've watched it three times. The first type I just watched it without trying to analyze it and just enjoy it. I watched it a couple more times to look at things closely and though I wanted to give it a chance I found more flaws. It had potential to do the first two movies justice but didn't manage it unfortunately.

King of Fighters the raping movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYodoljZ_A&feature=player_embedded

When I see this I just get so infuriated. I mean, after the debacle of the Street Fighter movie hollywood just continues to not get the fucking point. Is this a joke? They disregard all fans and try to focus on suckering in a totally unknowing fanbase and/or create a movie "for everybody" so they can make that green. But its just they fail when they realize in the end the source material was made popular BY the fans. How bad did street fighter end up doing?

Iori is actually shown in this video. Looking nothing like Iori at 0:15 and I think 0:20

Ray Park also known as Darth Maul is playing Rugal??????????

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I've been trying to put the KoF movie out of my mind since I first heard about it, and recommend all of my fellow KoF fans to do the same. Terry Bogard an old CIA agent? Iori a hockey player? The "tournament" taking place in another dimension?

The real killer is that while the KoF universe isn't terribly well thought out, there is plenty of material to make a solid, down to earth fighting movie with a dash of military conspiracy mixed on top. There's even room for a little supernatural if they really wished it. Instead, they just kill the whole concept and one of my favorite video game series.

If you think the KOF movie looks bad check this out. It's the Prince of Persia movie and for some reason Jake Gyllenhaal is supposed to be the Prince, he looks nothing like the Prince IMO. To me this movie looks like it's going to be another Hollywood piece of shit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473075/

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
slan69 said:
If you think the KOF movie looks bad check this out. It's the Prince of Persia movie and for some reason Jake Gyllenhaal is supposed to be the Prince, he looks nothing like the Prince IMO. To me this movie looks like it's going to be another Hollywood piece of shit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473075/

The KOF cash-in seems worse than the Prince of Persia one to me. And I think Gyllenhaal is fine for the part of the Prince as depicted in Sands of Time... It's certainly not what I'd be most worried about concerning the movie.

These two immediate examples are one reason why I think that, well, maybe the studios should go under? I dunno, I mean, they are doing it to themselves. How many MILLIONS OF DOLLARS are spent on sequels, remakes, and bogus comic book and video game adaptations? And how many worthwhile Originals are coming out? They produce TOO MANY horrible, horrible judgements to ever hope to get all the money back, and yet they keep asking themselves, "where's all the money going?" :???:

Perhaps "going under" isn't the most perfect term, but they should, really, reconsider their current business strategy, 'cause it don't seem to be helping none. =/

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Perineum Falcon said:
Perhaps "going under" isn't the most perfect term, but they should, really, reconsider their current business strategy, 'cause it don't seem to be helping none. =/

I think we all agree here. Unfortunately our opinions are apparently not shared by the people who matter.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
ori said:
King of Fighters the raping movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYodoljZ_A&feature=player_embedded

When I see this I just get so infuriated. I mean, after the debacle of the Street Fighter movie hollywood just continues to not get the fucking point. Is this a joke? They disregard all fans and try to focus on suckering in a totally unknowing fanbase and/or create a movie "for everybody" so they can make that green. But its just they fail when they realize in the end the source material was made popular BY the fans. How bad did street fighter end up doing?

Iori is actually shown in this video. Looking nothing like Iori at 0:15 and I think 0:20

Ray Park also known as Darth Maul is playing Rugal??????????

Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? Haven't they learned with Dragon Ball and the new Street Fighter?

Some recent 'news' on Predators (alien trackers). :schierke:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59815

Lookin' weak so far.

1.Arnold
arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg

2.Danny Glover
sjff_03_img1107.jpg

Now....ADRIEN BRODY
sam8.jpg

"Bring it on you merciless alien trackers."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Topher Grace is in negotiations to join Brody as Edwin, an accountant who is in fact a dangerous serial killer.

Grrrreat.

Trejo, already cast, is Cuchillo, a hardened warrior with twin uzis strapped to his back.

Whoa man, sounds awesome! Way to top the minigun. :schierke:

Top Bottom