Movies to dread

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I'm not going to try and suggest that the concept isn't disturbing, but at the same time I'm not sure I understand what the big deal is. I don't watch horror movies but I still applaud it for it's fantastical, horrific, uh, theme- which has apparently worked magic on you. It's different, so it attracts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Oh listen to Mr. Casual over here. While I find the screens very disturbing the movie description sickened me even more.

Yeah man I'm ICE COLD. :SK:

handsome rakshas said:
I'm just not used to these really gross out type movies. Speaking of horror movies (I'm kind of on a kick lately, hopefully my sick fascination will wear off after Halloween) I have Martyrs, Frontier(s), and Inside. Which one should I watch first Aaz? I wanted to pick the three goriest I could from each country, have you seen any of them?

Not especially into gore flicks myself to be honest, and I haven't even heard of those movies. I'm just completely desensitized after years of watching the worst of what the Internet has to offer.

handsome rakshas said:
This might be the thread ender. :isidro:

This is by all means a movie to dread and I'm kind of sick with myself right now because I'm interested in actually seeing it. The fact it is supposed to be 100% medically accurate is what makes me curious, I'm not into gore/shock movies. Don't click on this if you're squeemish, it's pretty fucked up.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32390/human-centipede-stills-slither-out

He wants to remove human beings’ kneecaps so they have to exist on all fours and then surgically graft them mouth-to-anus to form a centipede chain.
:ganishka:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
It might be because I worked in the health care field for years but just the thought of the anatomical idea this movie brings up makes me physically ill. The only way I'm going to get this out of my head is to see it myself. I haven't seen anything on the net that has bothered me so much ever for a real long time. Anyone in L.A that has the guts to see this? :griffnotevil:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
It might be because I worked in the health care field for years but just the thought of the anatomical idea this movie brings up makes me physically ill. The only way I'm going to get this out of my head is to see it myself. I haven't seen anything on the net that has bothered me so much ever for a real long time. Anyone in L.A that has the guts to see this? :griffnotevil:
I'm with you dawg. :ganishka:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Don't worry Rakshas, I was pretty squicked when I saw those screenshots too. I don't know if I'll see it in theaters whenever it's released, but I think I'll need to check it out on DVD to satisfy my overwhelming morbid curiosity. :daiba:

Damn you Rakshas I know exactly how you're feeling cause I'm like that right now. The entire day I was just thinking of the screenshots and I actually saw the damn trailer too so that didn't help. I just been nauseous the entire day thinking about this disgusting abomination of a movie. :shakes fist: damn you rakshas :slan:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
NightCrawler said:
Don't even compare the Elm Street movies, or even Halloween in some aspects, to the rest.
Friday the 13th was always shit.
Halloween, just like the first Nightmare, are horror classics. They both have decent sequels, some worse than others, but mostly way better and more imaginative than Saw "five sequels in five years", or Jason goes to New York and crap like that.

The whole point was that they all spawned a ton of sequels that were about making money. Seeing Kevin Bacon killed in gruesome fashion in Friday the 13th will always be classic.

Wes Craven is one of the most overrated horror directors of all time.

SaiyajinNoOuji

handsome rakshas said:
This might be the thread ender. :isidro:

This is by all means a movie to dread and I'm kind of sick with myself right now because I'm interested in actually seeing it. The fact it is supposed to be 100% medically accurate is what makes me curious, I'm not into gore/shock movies. Don't click on this if you're squeemish, it's pretty fucked up.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32390/human-centipede-stills-slither-out
After watching the clip and looking at the pictures I have come to the conclusion that you are a big vagina baby. :ganishka:

It doesn't look that bad dude. Although I just imagined that the chicks were ass to mouth and found it kind of hot. :carcus:

Oburi

All praise Grail
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300851/

I feel like this is the pure essence of this thread. I can not come up with a more dreadful film. The Boondock Saints is the worst kind of garbage that kids who think their cool will actually throw down money and fill Troy Duffy's wallet to see the sequel because they think it makes them even cooler. I seriously have been dreading this movie since before anyone even knew that it was being made.

Oburi said:

I feel like this is the pure essence of this thread. I can not come up with a more dreadful film. The Boondock Saints is the worst kind of garbage that kids who think their cool will actually throw down money and fill Troy Duffy's wallet to see the sequel because they think it makes them even cooler. I seriously have been dreading this movie since before anyone even knew that it was being made.

Have you seen the documentary Overnight - about Duffy's struggle with the first movie? He doesn't exactly come across as a very sympathetic person (to put it mildly).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
D-Scape said:
Have you seen the documentary Overnight - about Duffy's struggle with the first movie? He doesn't exactly come across as a very sympathetic person (to put it mildly).

Nope, he's a giant douchebag.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oburi said:

QFT

Besides that though, I don't know anything about the guy other than I thought his movie was trash but people seem to like it.

Since I haven't seen a lot of in-house reviews, I'll just throw out that I heard Wild Things was "terrible," and that it caused its intended audience to want to leave the theater in depressed boredom, that is, assuming it's intended audience isn't 20-something hipsters. :griffnotevil:

SaiyajinNoOuji

グリフィス said:
Since I haven't seen a lot of in-house reviews, I'll just throw out that I heard Wild Things was "terrible," and that it caused its intended audience to want to leave the theater in depressed boredom, that is, assuming it's intended audience isn't 20-something hipsters. :griffnotevil:
I haven't seen the movie nor have I even read the wiki on it but my hunch is that the kid is drugged up on anti-depressants and is just on a big high imagining all these things. Right or wrong?

Griffith

That sounds about right for the deep themes they're supposed to explore while navigating the monstrous quagmire that is childhood. :carcus:

Well I saw Paranormal Activities and I thought the movie was a piece of shit. The actors sucked and the movie was not scary at all, just that one scene in the Exorcist when Regan crab walks down the stairs is scarier than this garbage IMO. Do not go and see this movie, trust me it is a waste of your time and money.

X

Xem

slan69 said:
Well I saw Paranormal Activities and I thought the movie was a piece of shit. The actors sucked and the movie was not scary at all, just that one scene in the Exorcist when Regan crab walks down the stairs is scarier than this garbage IMO. Do not go and see this movie, trust me it is a waste of your time and money.

Really? I haven't seen the movie yet but some people I know were actually really surprised by how much they liked it. They noted it wasn't all "jump out" scares, which are really annoying in my opinion, but more "Holy shit!" moments.

Were you expecting it to be good? Most people seem to expect it to suck, then see it and are happily surprised. I think it's the people that expect it to be totally ground-breaking that don't like it.

Anyway, I guess I need to watch it before drawing any judgment, but I have to admit my interest is peaked.

Deci said:
Really? I haven't seen the movie yet but some people I know were actually really surprised by how much they liked it. They noted it wasn't all "jump out" scares, which are really annoying in my opinion, but more "Holy shit!" moments.

Were you expecting it to be good? Most people seem to expect it to suck, then see it and are happily surprised. I think it's the people that expect it to be totally ground-breaking that don't like it.

Anyway, I guess I need to watch it before drawing any judgment, but I have to admit my interest is peaked.

No, I expected it to be at least somewhat worthy of watching, it definitely wasn't, well for me anyway. Trust me in this movie you won't be seeing any Holy Shit moments, more like why the fuck am I watching this piece of shit again? :???:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Haha, Paranormal Activity is definitely one of those "love it" or "hate it" movies. I enjoyed it but my best friend hated every minute of it. I agree with Deci about going into it expecting to be blown away. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Paranormal is one of those movies that I think SHOULD ONLY be watched at home. On your tv or laptop. I feel that had they gone another route in promoting the film, and the actual "screenings," the reality of it would've been much more effective. I can't imagine watching it on the big screen; it just doesn't belong there, and it's not one of those movies that do.

I'm not saying it's not "scary" or anything, it all depends on who you are, but I will say that I slept like a baby afterwards.

Also, I'm not sure if this best belongs here, but some friends from another board's started this up and it seems to be getting some attention, so I though I'd share: ratnerfilms.tumblr.com

Check it out!

Griffith

The Perineum Falcon said:
Also, I'm not sure if this best belongs here, but some friends from another board's started this up and it seems to be getting some attention, so I though I'd share: ratnerfilms.tumblr.com

Check it out!

Whether it does or not, this should have been shared much sooner.

2012.jpg

Frightening.​

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
I enjoyed both Rush Hour 1 and 2. :schnoz:
So that's the "perfect trilogy" Alien 3 completes! :troll:

Kidding aside, you continue to amaze, I couldn't even get through 1 it was so stiff.

Top Bottom